Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney FTC - Tuesday 2nd September

Sydney FTC - Tuesday 2nd September

Old Aug 28th 2008, 9:34 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney FTC - Tuesday 2nd September

Originally Posted by Sal1705
Happy to go with the majority.

Out of interest - how much of a risk is there that I will need to take spare clothes for my son at Narrabeen? Thinking water........?
If we did meet at Narrabeen, I don't think that the risk of children getting wet is too great! The playground is fully fenced and once we move on to a cafe, he should be fairly contained!

mcstu1 - could you confirm the name of the cafe by the kayak shop that you referred to earlier. I assume you feel that it is child friendly enough.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Canberra for 2 days......bored....now Narrabeen on Sydneys northern Beaches
mcstu1 has a spectacular aura aboutmcstu1 has a spectacular aura aboutmcstu1 has a spectacular aura about

http://www.blowfishcafe.com.au/
Old Aug 29th 2008, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

SoMa is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm around and happy to go with Majority!
Old Aug 29th 2008, 10:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Katherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really nice

Originally Posted by SoMa
I'm around and happy to go with Majority!
well... Tom's teachers are now on strike for a couple of hours in the morning. Not sure we'll make it......:curse:

Have a good time
Old Aug 30th 2008, 4:27 am
Forum Regular

SoMa is an unknown quantity at this point

really!! A couple of hours how annoying.
Luckily our school never strikes... touch wood....
Old Aug 30th 2008, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Katherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really nice

Originally Posted by SoMa
really!! A couple of hours how annoying.
Luckily our school never strikes... touch wood....
very annoying! He has to be back at 11:30 and then picked up again at 3... By the time I got over to Naranbeen I'd need to come back....
Old Aug 30th 2008, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

ShoppingJoJo is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Sydney FTC - Tuesday 2nd September

Sadly can't make this one, though new to the FTc have been to a couple of RSL's at Castle Hill - nice bunch of pommies!

Will be up for the October meet though.

Jo
x
Old Aug 31st 2008, 9:01 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

OK - weather promises to be good so let's firm this up for the playground by the lake at Narrabeen. For anyone relying on sat nav I reckon if you plug in 1393 Pittwater Road Narrabeen this should get you there ok. (This is the address of the community centre right beside the playground) And I found this:

Berry Reserve No 1, Pittwater Road - UBD 158 F4

Basically, for anyone coming down Mona Vale Hill, turn right onto Pittwater Road, follow it approx 5 km until it bears left onto the bridge over the lagoon, then go through one set of lights, taking the right hand lane as you will need to turn into the car park shortly after the lights. The playground is immediately on your left once you turn into the car park.

If anyone new is planning on coming and wondering how to spot us, either listen out for lots of English accents or pm me and I will let you have my mobile number.

See you all Tuesday.

B
Old Aug 31st 2008, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

Location: Canberra for 2 days......bored....now Narrabeen on Sydneys northern Beaches
mcstu1 has a spectacular aura aboutmcstu1 has a spectacular aura aboutmcstu1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by binbird
OK - weather promises to be good so let's firm this up for the playground by the lake at Narrabeen. For anyone relying on sat nav I reckon if you plug in 1393 Pittwater Road Narrabeen this should get you there ok. (This is the address of the community centre right beside the playground) And I found this:

Berry Reserve No 1, Pittwater Road - UBD 158 F4

Basically, for anyone coming down Mona Vale Hill, turn right onto Pittwater Road, follow it approx 5 km until it bears left onto the bridge over the lagoon, then go through one set of lights, taking the right hand lane as you will need to turn into the car park shortly after the lights. The playground is immediately on your left once you turn into the car park.

If anyone new is planning on coming and wondering how to spot us, either listen out for lots of English accents or pm me and I will let you have my mobile number.

See you all Tuesday.

B
i'm confused as they are 2 parks on this side off Narrabbeen lake and i think people have been refering to both!
1. Goodwin Street off Pittwater road. This is the best one with new sun shadding, fully fenced, lots off ducks to feed, car park and prettier.
2. Near the tram shed and early childhood centre.
The Blowfish cafe is in the middle off both parks.
but whatever!
Old Aug 31st 2008, 11:11 am
Birds of a feather . . .

Originally Posted by mcstu1
i'm confused as they are 2 parks on this side off Narrabbeen lake and i think people have been refering to both!
1. Goodwin Street off Pittwater road. This is the best one with new sun shadding, fully fenced, lots off ducks to feed, car park and prettier.
2. Near the tram shed and early childhood centre.
The Blowfish cafe is in the middle off both parks.
but whatever!
Definitely going for the park near the Tramshed - it is also fenced, has plenty of shade and parking and is better located to give more options for takeaway coffee / lunch close at hand. It's also easier for non locals to find. Maybe try the other one later on in the summer.
Old Aug 31st 2008, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

ok. what time do you normally meet up?
Old Aug 31st 2008, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

elliebell is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by binbird
Definitely going for the park near the Tramshed - it is also fenced, has plenty of shade and parking and is better located to give more options for takeaway coffee / lunch close at hand. It's also easier for non locals to find. Maybe try the other one later on in the summer.
will try to get there as cant work but may not be up to the drive anyone going from my area (cherrybrook /wph) willing to give me a lift and be back in time for school run?
Old Aug 31st 2008, 11:24 am
Birds of a feather . . .

Originally Posted by mcstu1
ok. what time do you normally meet up?
From 10.30 . . . . (but I personally can't make it until at least 10.45 - school strike will delay me a little)
Old Sep 1st 2008, 1:20 am
Just Joined

iSkate is an unknown quantity at this point

Might be working tomorrow so prob won't make it to this one. Will definitely be at the next one tho as it's school hols
Old Sep 1st 2008, 3:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of

Thanks Binbird.This sounds fun however I`ve still got renos going on so tho` I`ll try to be there I`m not sure yet. Forecast is indeed good.
W.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.