Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney FC v Melbourne Victory - 14th Feb 2010

Sydney FC v Melbourne Victory - 14th Feb 2010

Old Feb 3rd 2010, 1:50 am
Forum Regular

saintyc will become famous soon enough
Default Sydney FC v Melbourne Victory - 14th Feb 2010

I wasn't sure if there was already a group set up on here of expats who go to the Sydney FC games at all. I remember someone talking about it at one of the Thursday night meet ups last year, but haven't found anything on here.

I am quite interested in going to this game having been starved of live football for so long, but none of my mates here in Sydney are interested in going and I don't fancy being a 'billy no mates' and going on my own.

If anyone is going and doesn't mind another expat tagging along if you could PM me that would be great.

Chris
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 3:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: Sydney FC v Melbourne Victory - 14th Feb 2010

Originally Posted by saintyc
I wasn't sure if there was already a group set up on here of expats who go to the Sydney FC games at all. I remember someone talking about it at one of the Thursday night meet ups last year, but haven't found anything on here.

I am quite interested in going to this game having been starved of live football for so long, but none of my mates here in Sydney are interested in going and I don't fancy being a 'billy no mates' and going on my own.

If anyone is going and doesn't mind another expat tagging along if you could PM me that would be great.

Chris

Heh I'm coming up with around 1500 to 2000 MV fans

Enjoy the game ..... We will I'm sure.

Adelaide last year with 800 was fantastic having twice as many will be unbelievable.

Seriously hope you sell lots of tickets.... 30,000 would be great and make us feel at home

Apparently we are all meeting at a pub very close to the ground circa 2 pm ish I'll let you know if you want to come along.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Feb 3rd 2010 at 3:17 am.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 3:49 am
Feeling A Million Pesetas

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of
Default Re: Sydney FC v Melbourne Victory - 14th Feb 2010

Chris
I'd be up for going to this mate.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 3:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully you guys up in Sydney realise, that this game is the biggest and most important home and away game in A league history.

Thats why there is lots of interest in Melbourne.

I really hope the Final is in Qland or Sydney.... so that we can get some real atmosphere from both Sides at the Final..... Assuming Melbourne is there of course.
Old Feb 7th 2010, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

saintyc will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Hopefully you guys up in Sydney realise, that this game is the biggest and most important home and away game in A league history.

Thats why there is lots of interest in Melbourne.

I really hope the Final is in Qland or Sydney.... so that we can get some real atmosphere from both Sides at the Final..... Assuming Melbourne is there of course.
With the results yesterday, they are already starting to big this match up:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...-1225827613807

Chris
Old Feb 8th 2010, 2:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

With the results yesterday, they are already starting to big this match up:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...-1225827613807

Chris

Really looking forwards to it, I've been going for 4 full years now and this is definitely the biggest home and away game by miles.

It's possible Melbourne will sell out it's 3,000 allocation. Thats what they are saying on the Bulletin board.

The other thing is it's possible because of the Edinburgh Tatoo and something to do with rain that the game may be shifted to Paramatta again.

http://m.smh.com.au/sport/tattoo-cou...0207-nkyv.html

Could be a con that news not sure yet.....

There is a 5 pub, pub crawl being arranged for the Sunday..... starting at Paddys and ending at the Bat and Ball..... if the game stays at the SFS....