Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

In Sydney? Fancy a drink & meeting some new people?

In Sydney? Fancy a drink & meeting some new people?

Old Jun 27th 2007, 6:45 am
BE Enthusiast

briwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nice
Default Re: In Sydney? Fancy a drink & meeting some new people?

Ms and Mr Briwi will be there - possible with the Briwi Brother in Law for a quick one too before he flies back up to the GC, especially if it is at The Office as that's near enough for him to bring his suitcase and get on the train from Wynyard up to the airport. I think we're doing the Slip Inn for a couple tonight if anyone's walking past on their way home (you know who you are!!!).
Old Jun 27th 2007, 6:47 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by briwi
Ms and Mr Briwi will be there - possible with the Briwi Brother in Law for a quick one too before he flies back up to the GC, especially if it is at The Office as that's near enough for him to bring his suitcase and get on the train from Wynyard up to the airport. I think we're doing the Slip Inn for a couple tonight if anyone's walking past on their way home (you know who you are!!!).

Argh! what sort of time?

S
Old Jun 27th 2007, 6:51 am
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

i am out for dinner in north sydney tonight - i may have a look in on my way back to see if you are still there..
Old Jun 27th 2007, 6:54 am
BE Enthusiast

briwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nice

About 6ish I guess for a couple - txt us if you're coming down so we don't vanish
Old Jun 27th 2007, 6:59 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

About 6ish I guess for a couple - txt us if you're coming down so we don't vanish

I'll join you for ONE. Goodness. Oscar Wilde was actually thinking of me when he said that he could resist anything except temptation...

S
Old Jun 27th 2007, 7:17 am
BE Enthusiast

I've got a nice face tapping technique that'll keep you on 'just one' would you like me to bring the very interesting book I've got (if it's gone out of my house surely then I get to stop!!!)
Old Jun 27th 2007, 7:20 am
has lost The Game

I've got a nice face tapping technique that'll keep you on 'just one' would you like me to bring the very interesting book I've got (if it's gone out of my house surely then I get to stop!!!)
You brinbg what you like. I'll see you just after 6...

S
Old Jun 27th 2007, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

speissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nice

Originally Posted by vix77
i am presuming i am banned from suggesting anywhere after my failed attempt on friday? but if i am not then the office hotel looks ok? http://www.theofficehotel.com.au/ = i promise it exists and hasent been replaced with a coffee shop! food and drink prices look reasonable - it is on the corner or Kent and Erksine street...
Hello there,

So far I've been passively following the going-ons on this thread, but finally taking the plunge to respond...
Maybe a brief word or two about me, before I make my humble way into your merry meet-up round - if that's fine with you, that is.

I'm a female German expat living the life abroad in Sydney since 3 years now (in fact, this Saturday is my 3-year-anniversary ). I'm working in the city as most of you, apparently, and I wouldn't mind meeting new people.

I can second vix77 comments about the mentioned venue - it is in fact open for serving food and drinks and on top of it, a short stroll from my work base.

No objections from your side allowing (i.e a slightly 'crazy' German mind) and me being able for once leaving the premises at a halfway decent time, I wouldn't mind joining in with your merry crowd.

As I've obviously never met anyone of you guys, how can I ensure to not walk past, but end up in the thickst of it?

Thanks,
Sonja
Old Jun 27th 2007, 1:36 pm
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by speissi
Hello there,

So far I've been passively following the going-ons on this thread, but finally taking the plunge to respond...
Maybe a brief word or two about me, before I make my humble way into your merry meet-up round - if that's fine with you, that is.

I'm a female German expat living the life abroad in Sydney since 3 years now (in fact, this Saturday is my 3-year-anniversary ). I'm working in the city as most of you, apparently, and I wouldn't mind meeting new people.

I can second vix77 comments about the mentioned venue - it is in fact open for serving food and drinks and on top of it, a short stroll from my work base.

No objections from your side allowing (i.e a slightly 'crazy' German mind) and me being able for once leaving the premises at a halfway decent time, I wouldn't mind joining in with your merry crowd.

As I've obviously never met anyone of you guys, how can I ensure to not walk past, but end up in the thickst of it?

Thanks,
Sonja
Hi Sonja,

please feel free to coma along - you're more than welcome. You certainly won't be the first German person to join in the fun!

If you've been following this (and the other) thread, then you will notice that we try to meet up every Thursday at about 6:30 pm at a bar in the city.

Tomorrows venuw is set up, so we will aim to be there from 6:30. One of us (ie normally me) wears some kind of identifiable shirt or something. I will post tomorrow what I am wearing, depending on what I feel like getting into in the morning. Failing that, I guess I could just PM you my mobile number.

Hope to see you tomorrow...

S
Old Jun 27th 2007, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

speissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nice

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Hi Sonja,

please feel free to coma along - you're more than welcome. You certainly won't be the first German person to join in the fun!

If you've been following this (and the other) thread, then you will notice that we try to meet up every Thursday at about 6:30 pm at a bar in the city.

Tomorrows venuw is set up, so we will aim to be there from 6:30. One of us (ie normally me) wears some kind of identifiable shirt or something. I will post tomorrow what I am wearing, depending on what I feel like getting into in the morning. Failing that, I guess I could just PM you my mobile number.

Hope to see you tomorrow...

S
Hi N.,

Got your PM and already saved your mob.no. - so this end is tied up.

Thx for the warm welcome, guess that's the more an incentive to make an "early" mark 2moro!

Hope, I can log onto BE from work - have never tried b4, too paranoic. Will try, but watch out for me dropping a line on your mobile anyways.

CU there,
Sonja
Old Jun 28th 2007, 12:26 am
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by speissi
Hi N.,

Got your PM and already saved your mob.no. - so this end is tied up.

Thx for the warm welcome, guess that's the more an incentive to make an "early" mark 2moro!

Hope, I can log onto BE from work - have never tried b4, too paranoic. Will try, but watch out for me dropping a line on your mobile anyways.

CU there,
Sonja
Looking forward to meeting you tonight Sonja...

hopefully my hangover which is currently in full force will be gone by then.. if not then a bit of hair of the dog will come in useful!
Old Jun 28th 2007, 12:39 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by vix77
Looking forward to meeting you tonight Sonja...

hopefully my hangover which is currently in full force will be gone by then.. if not then a bit of hair of the dog will come in useful!
Yes tonight needs to be a big one - I need to celebrate having not bought a house...

S
Old Jun 28th 2007, 1:08 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Yes tonight needs to be a big one - I need to celebrate having not bought a house...

S
Is that good or bad? What happened? (At work for the next couple of hours, then at home, if you prefer to email. Or tell me to stop being a nosey mare, it's nothing to do with me. )
Old Jun 28th 2007, 1:13 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by Geordie George
Is that good or bad? What happened? (At work for the next couple of hours, then at home, if you prefer to email. Or tell me to stop being a nosey mare, it's nothing to do with me. )
The vendors are being arses. There is about $5k worth of repairs work that needs doing before I can even consider moving in. They arn't willing to reflect this in the purchase price.

Most people have said "Hey, it's only $5k!", which is true, but it's $5k I don't have, and havn't budgeted for. I'm already at the top of my budget+, and anticipating interest rate rises over the next few months, it will probably leave me eating beans on toast for the rest of my life...

I'll Email you in greater detail...

S
Old Jun 28th 2007, 1:19 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

The vendors are being arses. There is about $5k worth of repairs work that needs doing before I can even consider moving in. They arn't willing to reflect this in the purchase price.

Most people have said "Hey, it's only $5k!", which is true, but it's $5k I don't have, and havn't budgeted for. I'm already at the top of my budget+, and anticipating interest rate rises over the next few months, it will probably leave me eating beans on toast for the rest of my life...

I'll Email you in greater detail...

S
It's never a straightforward process.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.