Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney, Cherrybrook Area

Sydney, Cherrybrook Area

Old Oct 31st 2010, 8:07 am
Banned

mrsunshine will become famous soon enoughmrsunshine will become famous soon enough
Default Sydney, Cherrybrook Area

Anyone have firsthand experience of living in the Cherrybrook area. Not fussed about being a bit further out as I don’t work in the City (my commute is to west Ryde) I’ve had a drive around and it all seems very leafy and new and suburban. Like that, but can it be a bit dull
Old Oct 31st 2010, 10:38 pm
Banned

mrsunshine will become famous soon enoughmrsunshine will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Sydney, Cherrybrook Area

Bumping this up !!!
Old Oct 31st 2010, 11:52 pm
Forum Regular

kronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mrsunshine
Anyone have firsthand experience of living in the Cherrybrook area. Not fussed about being a bit further out as I don’t work in the City (my commute is to west Ryde) I’ve had a drive around and it all seems very leafy and new and suburban. Like that, but can it be a bit dull
Hi

Don't have firsthand experience of Cherrybrook but thought I'd give you some info anyway just so that you have received an answer . I live in the Hills and all the suburbs seem fine to me. I believe Cherrybrook has some very good schools as well. I don't think you'd have a problem with the area. Depends on how you're planning on commuting. Cherrybrook doesn't have access to train station so you'd have to drive to Pennant Hills/Seven Hills/Blacktown etc. Alternatively there is the Hillsbus or in some areas of the Hills, there is the Bullet Bus which will get you there quicker.
Old Nov 1st 2010, 2:55 am
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kronk
there is the Bullet Bus which will get you there quicker.
I also live in the hills district, but just to note the BulletBus only goes from Rouse Hill and Kellyville, so I think you'd be looking at driving to the train at Pennant hills or the hills bus (the later takes about 90 mins(?) to the CBD )
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 6:25 am
BE Enthusiast

soulrebel will become famous soon enoughsoulrebel will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by freebo
I also live in the hills district, but just to note the BulletBus only goes from Rouse Hill and Kellyville, so I think you'd be looking at driving to the train at Pennant hills or the hills bus (the later takes about 90 mins(?) to the CBD )
The hills bus from Stanhope Gardens/Kellyville Ridge takes 45 minutes to 1 hour on the T-Way, not too bad!! Not sure if there is a T-Way from Cherrybrook. Have a look at the hillsbus website www.hillsbus.com.au

...But of course you aren't going to the CBD!

Last edited by soulrebel; Nov 2nd 2010 at 6:36 am.
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 9:51 am
Banned

Thanks for info so far. So general concensus is the hills and Cherrybrook is ok. Anymore for anymore??
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrsunshine
Thanks for info so far. So general concensus is the hills and Cherrybrook is ok. Anymore for anymore??
The hills is nice, leafy, quiet, less expensive than many areas of Sydney, I live there - just be aware...

1) Its not close to any beach
2) Its a fair old commute to the city
3) Its a large area and quite spread out, e.g. the nearest shop/restaurant/pub to my house is 20-30 mins walk, people drive everywhere, roll the car into the garage & lock the door so there's not much of a community feel about the pace (does feel safe though).
Old Nov 5th 2010, 4:42 am
Just Joined

shine5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hya, ive not been on this for ages, and decided to log in again.
Well we moved from Ireland over two and half years ago now, and have settled well in Cherrybrook. We did intend to move to Kellyville, but driving through here we liked the feel of Cherrybrook. Our girls go to the local schools, 2 in the primary and 1 in the high school, good schools and they have had no probs. Its a lovely safe, family surburb, Cherrybrook Village shops are lovely too. So i'd recommend here.
Old Nov 8th 2010, 9:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud of

Hiya

I've bought for a few clients in this suburb now. Don't get swayed by the nicer homes that appear cheaper- it's usually because they're affected by power easements (few people like having those huge stauncheons near their homes!) You ideally need to go for a drive to see what the place is like. It's been very popular due to the excellent High School as well- Technology High. Shopping centre is lovely (though crowded on weekends) and parks galore throughout the place. Short drive to the epicentre of the Hills District- Castle Hill, and well placed for a short drive to park and catch the train into the cbd at either Pennant Hills or Beecroft railway lines.
Feel free to pm me if you want me to look up a sale or similar for you- I know the area and surrounds very well.
Old Nov 8th 2010, 9:12 pm
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jacque
Hiya

I've bought for a few clients in this suburb now. Don't get swayed by the nicer homes that appear cheaper- it's usually because they're affected by power easements (few people like having those huge stauncheons near their homes!) You ideally need to go for a drive to see what the place is like. It's been very popular due to the excellent High School as well- Technology High. Shopping centre is lovely (though crowded on weekends) and parks galore throughout the place. Short drive to the epicentre of the Hills District- Castle Hill, and well placed for a short drive to park and catch the train into the cbd at either Pennant Hills or Beecroft railway lines.
Feel free to pm me if you want me to look up a sale or similar for you- I know the area and surrounds very well.
Nothing like a free bit of advertising!!
Old Nov 8th 2010, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by paddyo
Nothing like a free bit of advertising!!
Hey Paddyo

Was actually just offering an answer to the original post that Mr Sunshine may find helpful especially given the few responses in regards to a very specific suburb. Sure, I have a business that helps property buyers (and in fact have assisted a couple of people here in past years) but this forum is about sharing and I hardly think what I wrote constitutes advertising. Sorry if you took it the wrong way
Old Nov 8th 2010, 9:26 pm
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Paddyo

Was actually just offering an answer to the original post that Mr Sunshine may find helpful especially given the few responses in regards to a very specific suburb. Sure, I have a business that helps property buyers (and in fact have assisted a couple of people here in past years) but this forum is about sharing and I hardly think what I wrote constitutes advertising. Sorry if you took it the wrong way
I didn't Jacque, I was just giving you grief, all fun hun!
Old Nov 8th 2010, 9:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

that's cool

By the way I notice you live in one of my fav Sydney suburbs- Seaforth. Nice part of the world
Old Nov 8th 2010, 9:35 pm
Social Grenade Thrower

that's cool

By the way I notice you live in one of my fav Sydney suburbs- Seaforth. Nice part of the world
Yes I live here, can't afford to buy here though!!!
Moved here from Manly this year, got a 4 bed house with large garden for the same price plus $25w as our 2 bed beachside Unit!!!!
Its all about location!!