Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - October 28th 2010

Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - October 28th 2010

Old Oct 27th 2010, 4:48 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - October 28th 2010

Hi Folks,

Time to head back to a very old Thursday Night venue - Strattons, at 249 Castlereagh St, in the CBD.

Strattons Hotel

This was actually the venue of the first ever Thursday Night Drinks, back in August 2006, and I don't think that we have ever been back, so let's go and see what's happened to it.

Anybody else in?

S
Old Oct 27th 2010, 10:11 pm
Just Joined

Andy1875 is a name known to allAndy1875 is a name known to allAndy1875 is a name known to allAndy1875 is a name known to allAndy1875 is a name known to allAndy1875 is a name known to allAndy1875 is a name known to allAndy1875 is a name known to allAndy1875 is a name known to allAndy1875 is a name known to allAndy1875 is a name known to all
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - October 28th 2010

Hello mate. Deal me in for a few Sherries. Make a nice change to sitting on my own drinking White Lightening on a park bench.

Yeah.......that's how I roll.
Old Oct 27th 2010, 10:38 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andy1875
Hello mate. Deal me in for a few Sherries. Make a nice change to sitting on my own drinking White Lightening on a park bench.

Yeah.......that's how I roll.

Hey, don't knock it - that's how I started, only drinking white Lightning under the cricket pavillion...

S
Old Oct 28th 2010, 1:23 am
BE Enthusiast

markbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Hi Folks,

Time to head back to a very old Thursday Night venue - Strattons, at 249 Castlereagh St, in the CBD.

Strattons Hotel

This was actually the venue of the first ever Thursday Night Drinks, back in August 2006, and I don't think that we have ever been back, so let's go and see what's happened to it.

Anybody else in?

S
Maybe theres a reason you didnt go back!! No Cider or pies?? See you there
Old Oct 28th 2010, 1:24 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by markbhx
Maybe theres a reason you didnt go back!! No Cider or pies?? See you there

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

S
Old Oct 28th 2010, 3:33 am
BE Forum Addict

JoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, go on then.
Old Oct 28th 2010, 3:35 am
Just Joined

Andy1875 is a name known to allAndy1875 is a name known to allAndy1875 is a name known to allAndy1875 is a name known to allAndy1875 is a name known to allAndy1875 is a name known to allAndy1875 is a name known to allAndy1875 is a name known to allAndy1875 is a name known to allAndy1875 is a name known to allAndy1875 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Hey, don't knock it - that's how I started, only drinking white Lightning under the cricket pavillion...

S
Who's knockin it? It's on my CV as other interests in the Hobbies and Pastimes section
Old Oct 28th 2010, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

Happiya is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a friend over for one night from NZ - i am not sure what he wants to do so 50/50 at this stage - pity if i cant make it as it is very near to where i work
Old Oct 28th 2010, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

steen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud of

Does it still do a $5 steak?

Probably about $50 now?
Old Oct 28th 2010, 10:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

markbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura about

And it all became clear why you hadn't been back to this pub since 2006 as soon as I stepped over the threshold. It looked like a meeting of drunk old men, some of which I think have actually been sitting there since 2006!! Although can't grumble at the 3am closing and 6:30am opening!
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 5:23 am
has lost The Game

Well, last week's pub choice was a bit pants. Let's see if we can do better this week:

This week's thread...

S