Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - May 21st - All Welcome

Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - May 21st - All Welcome

Old May 19th 2009, 12:46 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - May 21st - All Welcome

Hi Folks,

After the awfulness of last week's pub, I thought we owed it to ourselves to venture somewhere that was a little bit more sophisticated. Though, to be fair I suspect the Pig and Whistle in Newcastle could offer more sophistication than The St James Hotel

This week, I think we should try the first bar to open in Sydney under the government's laneway bar licensing rules. Designed to generate small, intimate bars with no plasmas and pokies, what could go wrong? Well let's find out at The Small Bar, on Erskine Street:

The Small Bar

It looks nice and has a reasonable menu until 10.

Hope to see you all there,

S
Old May 19th 2009, 4:17 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - May 21st - All Welcome

What could go wrong? We could have the biggest turn out in Sydney CBD meetups history and wreck the place. Sounds good.
Old May 19th 2009, 6:11 am
BE Enthusiast

briwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nice

Well there's one less to create the general havoc as I'm in Snoozeland. But I can't resist wondering whether you think the follicle-ly challenged bloke on the website would join in our new game whole you're there!!! See you next week
Old May 19th 2009, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

probably can't make it agian, working in Mona Vale, and have no beer money...
Old May 19th 2009, 11:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

I accidently ended up in the St James bar on Friday night and didn't think it was too bad.... until the food arrived. their version of 'mint jus' consisted of normal gravy from a tin with a blob of mint jelly in the middle. don't think the food will be winning any awards anytime soon....

I am hoping to come along on Thurs but I may have to go to Melbourne with work....
Old May 20th 2009, 12:29 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vix77
I accidently ended up in the St James bar on Friday night and didn't think it was too bad.... until the food arrived. their version of 'mint jus' consisted of normal gravy from a tin with a blob of mint jelly in the middle. don't think the food will be winning any awards anytime soon....

I am hoping to come along on Thurs but I may have to go to Melbourne with work....
Chicken parmigiana was alright.
Old May 20th 2009, 11:34 am
Just Joined

kev_stor2008 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

I have recently made the big move over from london with aussie g/f. I see you guys are going out for beers tomorrow night and would love to come along if thats cool. Incidentally, Small Bar has also been on my to-do list so perfect timing! What time are you heading out?

Cheers

Last edited by kev_stor2008; May 20th 2009 at 11:39 am.
Old May 20th 2009, 11:15 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kev_stor2008
Hi All,

I have recently made the big move over from london with aussie g/f. I see you guys are going out for beers tomorrow night and would love to come along if thats cool. Incidentally, Small Bar has also been on my to-do list so perfect timing! What time are you heading out?

Cheers

Hi Kev,

We normally meet about 6:30, then hang around until about 10-11. It's pretty easy to spot us, but if you suspect you may have difficulty, then drop me a PM and I will send you a contact number.

I will be there from 6:30 tonight, and am dressed entirely in black today.

S
Old May 21st 2009, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

Bootch is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm working this evening but If finish in time then I'll come along. I'm sure my tastebuds will be rather thirsty!!!
Old May 21st 2009, 6:35 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by Bootch
I'm working this evening but If finish in time then I'll come along. I'm sure my tastebuds will be rather thirsty!!!
It would be nice to see you mate. It's been quite a while!

S
Old May 21st 2009, 6:36 am
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

Don't suppose anyone is watching the relegation battle on Sunday night.... stupid day to be showing the final day of the season!
Old May 21st 2009, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
It would be nice to see you mate. It's been quite a while!

S
Only 2 weeks since we went to Chambers Hotel???
Old May 21st 2009, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by vix77
Don't suppose anyone is watching the relegation battle on Sunday night.... stupid day to be showing the final day of the season!
Matches don't start till 1am also
Old May 26th 2009, 3:10 am
has lost The Game

Hi folks,

Here is the link to this week's meet up thread.

The Link

S