Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - March 11th 2010

Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - March 11th 2010

Old Mar 10th 2010, 12:19 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - March 11th 2010

Well, this week's venue has been something of a toil to arrive at - hopefully this will suit most people: The Grand Hotel, 30, Hunter Street:

The Grand Hotel

This is one of my favourite pubs, with the nice boozer style bar on the ground floor and the relaxing pool bar on the top. Plus they serve pints, and have a very reasonable menu, so it can't all be bad.

So who fancies a pint then?

S
Old Mar 10th 2010, 12:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Bats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - March 11th 2010

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Well, this week's venue has been something of a toil to arrive at - hopefully this will suit most people: The Grand Hotel, 30, Hunter Street:

The Grand Hotel

This is one of my favourite pubs, with the nice boozer style bar on the ground floor and the relaxing pool bar on the top. Plus they serve pints, and have a very reasonable menu, so it can't all be bad.

S
So, you thought of somewhere else then!! Looks good. Hopefully see you there unless I have to go to Parra
Old Mar 10th 2010, 4:34 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bats1
So, you thought of somewhere else then!! Looks good. Hopefully see you there unless I have to go to Parra

Yes, turns out everyone went to the Observer for Knockoff Nige's birthday last week, so another venue was required!

S
Old Mar 10th 2010, 4:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Bats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura about

Yes, turns out everyone went to the Observer for Knockoff Nige's birthday last week, so another venue was required!

S
Ah! I didn't make it to old Nige's 55th birthday bash I'm afraid but I thought it was at PJ O'Briens .... they must have migrated!!
Old Mar 10th 2010, 10:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Em, 25th thanks. Yes was a good night. Started in PJ's and ended up in the Observer. Got very very drunk. Cant make it tonight. Have some driving to do.
Old Mar 10th 2010, 11:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
Em, 25th thanks. Yes was a good night. Started in PJ's and ended up in the Observer. Got very very drunk. Cant make it tonight. Have some driving to do.
Still trying to get your mileage up then!
Old Mar 11th 2010, 12:19 am
Forum Regular

Superhoop is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey I'm sorry I can't make it tonight, have a good 1, I should be there next week.
Old Mar 11th 2010, 12:47 am
Forum Regular

dmpp will become famous soon enough

DM part will be there probably later on.
Old Mar 11th 2010, 5:22 am
Forum Regular

marian and ian burgess is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
We can't make it tonight. Went to Status Quo yesterday. Can't cope with too many nights out at our age! Thanks to Claire and Greg who made it even more enjoyable.
Marian and Ian
Old Mar 11th 2010, 5:57 am
LCT
Forum Regular

LCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud of

So do you know which part of The Grand you will be in?

Or what you will look like?
Old Mar 11th 2010, 6:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by marian and ian burgess
Hi
We can't make it tonight. Went to Status Quo yesterday. Can't cope with too many nights out at our age! Thanks to Claire and Greg who made it even more enjoyable.
Marian and Ian
Hi Folks, I too will be MIA with post Quo syndrome! Also can't do too many late nights in a row! Thanks for the company Marion and Ian, it was great to have you with us and all the better for it.

As it's my birthday next Saturday (and yes Nige, I too will be 25) I will be out next Thursday for a pre-birthday tipple. Errr....can I choose the venue?
Old Mar 11th 2010, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

Generali is a jewel in the roughGenerali is a jewel in the roughGenerali is a jewel in the roughGenerali is a jewel in the rough

The Grand Hotel

S
Guess I missed you all. See you next week.
Old Mar 11th 2010, 11:16 pm
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by Generali
Guess I missed you all. See you next week.

There were only 3 of us last night, and the cider was $14 a pint, so we knocked it on the head when LCT headed home.

We should exchange phone numbers so that we can communicate our whereabouts - I could have been tempted into another beer/cider!

Next week's venue, by popular demand, is going to be The Hero of Waterloo, in The Rocks.

S
Old Mar 12th 2010, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

Generali is a jewel in the roughGenerali is a jewel in the roughGenerali is a jewel in the roughGenerali is a jewel in the rough

We should exchange phone numbers so that we can communicate our whereabouts - I could have been tempted into another beer/cider!

S
Shoundsh good to me. I'll often be finishing work later 'cos lots of my clients are based in Europe and often I need to talk to them rather than emailing them.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 3:08 am
has lost The Game

Here is the link for this week's meet up:

This week

S