Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - July 22nd 2010

Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - July 22nd 2010

Old Jul 21st 2010, 6:43 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - July 22nd 2010

Well, last week was a bit of a wash out, so let's try and make this one a bit more memorable.

I propose a jaunt to the Wynyard Hotel, on the corner of Clarence and Erskine Streets:

The Wynyard Hotel

Bit of an old Thursday Night favourite this one (unless you're Briwi, who hates it), but it's a nicely styled boozer in the classic sense with a reasonable menu. I'm taking something of a risk with it - I can't see if they have any Cider or not - Google StreetView couldn't see in through the windows, so fingers crossed!

See some of you tomorrow night.

S
Old Jul 21st 2010, 11:53 am
Just Joined

boxy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - July 22nd 2010

Hi, my name's Caitlyn and I just stumbled across a couple of these British Expat-type sites- did not realise they existed! Finally, people who appreciate cider! Anyway, would love to meet up with a few wandering Poms to meet some new people after 7 months here. What time are you heading down to the Wynyard? Apart from the cider, is there any other way to distinguish the group?!
Cheers,
Caitlyn.
Old Jul 21st 2010, 12:12 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by boxy
Hi, my name's Caitlyn and I just stumbled across a couple of these British Expat-type sites- did not realise they existed! Finally, people who appreciate cider! Anyway, would love to meet up with a few wandering Poms to meet some new people after 7 months here. What time are you heading down to the Wynyard? Apart from the cider, is there any other way to distinguish the group?!
Cheers,
Caitlyn.
Hi Caitlyn,

We normally meet up between 6:30 and 7. I will be wearing blue jeans and a stripey orange shirt, plus a herringbone tweed style jacket. Medium length hair and glasses. Think Gaius Baltar and you're almost there...

Hopefully that should be enough to allow you to home in on us. I'll also drop you a private message with a contact number.

See you tomorrow!

S
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 1:17 am
Just Joined

Cornish Gera is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - July 22nd 2010

see you there!
G n L
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 4:30 am
Ooh my gout...

IndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to all
Smile Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - July 22nd 2010

Need Beer. See you there!
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 5:54 am
Forum Regular

Generali is a jewel in the roughGenerali is a jewel in the roughGenerali is a jewel in the roughGenerali is a jewel in the rough

Can't do this week as I'm on family duty. Should be around next well. Shame as I like the Wynyard. Hope the barbie went well.
Old Jul 28th 2010, 4:17 am
has lost The Game

Here's this week's meet up thread...

Clickety Click!

S