Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - January 14th 2010

Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - January 14th 2010

Old Jan 13th 2010, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - January 14th 2010

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Hi folks,

Late post I know - sorry about that. This week's venue will be The Slipp Inn, 111, Sussex Street.

The Slipp Inn

Famed for being the place where some Danish prince met his future princess, it also has a nice beer garden out the back. Been a while since we've been here, so given the weather is nice, it's time to revisit!

I have had to post the web link from the good pub guide, as the Slipp's own site seems to be far too flashy and complex for its own good.

Who else is in?

S
"Seeing as how the weather is nice" ... you'll all be staying indoors then!!! Can't make tonight but hope to see you all next Thursday.
Old Jan 13th 2010, 10:37 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bats1
"Seeing as how the weather is nice" ... you'll all be staying indoors then!!! Can't make tonight but hope to see you all next Thursday.

Yes, I did think that this morning when I got in and saw the drizzle drifting across the window.

Best laid plans of mice and all that.

The beer is more expensive in the garden anyway...

S
Old Jan 13th 2010, 10:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
I will be there as im visiting the city,beer or fight ,yer choice
For a second there I thought 2 threads had merged by accident. See you later then. No talking of how Leeds will be back in Europe in the next 20 years.
Old Jan 13th 2010, 11:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

Hi, cant make it this week....have a good one!
Old Jan 13th 2010, 11:24 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
For a second there I thought 2 threads had merged by accident. See you later then. No talking of how Leeds will be back in Europe in the next 20 years.
Ok but no glory talk from you either
Old Jan 13th 2010, 11:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Ok but no glory talk from you either
I dont glory talk. I just spread the good word
Old Jan 14th 2010, 1:22 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure yet but I might actually make it to this - only been planning to turn up since May 2008 Might not, depending on my afternoon goes, but it pays to be prepared. Do you all wear union jack t-shirts and knotted hankies on your heads?

Swerv-o's right about the website - what shite. I'm at the other end of Sussex St so I'll just keep walking along until I find it. What time do you all start arriving?
Old Jan 14th 2010, 1:27 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seasider
I'm not sure yet but I might actually make it to this - only been planning to turn up since May 2008 Might not, depending on my afternoon goes, but it pays to be prepared. Do you all wear union jack t-shirts and knotted hankies on your heads?

Swerv-o's right about the website - what shite. I'm at the other end of Sussex St so I'll just keep walking along until I find it. What time do you all start arriving?

We normally aim to get there for about 6:30, though I may be earlier tonight. I am wearing blue jeans, dark brown shoes and a white shirt with faint vertical yellow stripes. Have medium length dark hair and bronze glasses.

Or alternatively I could just send you a PM with my contact number. That's probably the easiest!

S
Old Jan 14th 2010, 1:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Seasider

I'm 6' 5'', have long blonde hair, legs down to the floor, answer to the name of 'get over here' and look my best in short red dress. Actually, no, thats my dream woman and she's way out of my league. You'll spot Servo before me but if you dont, I'll be the bloke who looks like he cant pull the 6' 5'' swedish chick. Actually that doesnt help as noone can pull that sort of bird.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 1:50 am
Forum Regular

Superhoop is an unknown quantity at this point

Swerve-O and Nige will be easy to spot; just look for the two guys posing as the Bee Gees and you'll know it's them. Swerve looks like Barry Gibb, and Nige will be Robin Gibb.

Sorry guys can't make it tonight, another strip club to attend.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 1:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Superhoop
Swerve-O and Nige will be easy to spot; just look for the two guys posing as the Bee Gees and you'll know it's them. Swerve looks like Barry Gibb, and Nige will be Robin Gibb.

Sorry guys can't make it tonight, another strip club to attend.
But they're both manky looking? oh right.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 2:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Bats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura about

Oh yes, I forgot .... didn't Leeds kick Man U out of the FA Cup recently? LOL. It's not really important anyway as it's only football!!!!
Old Jan 14th 2010, 2:25 am
BE Enthusiast

I'm 6' 5'', have long blonde hair, legs down to the floor, answer to the name of 'get over here' and look my best in short red dress. Actually, no, thats my dream woman and she's way out of my league. You'll spot Servo before me but if you dont, I'll be the bloke who looks like he cant pull the 6' 5'' swedish chick. Actually that doesnt help as noone can pull that sort of bird.
Didn't Sly Stallone pull Bridget Nielson ... she was tall and blonde ... I know, I know ... she was Danish and had short hair!!
Old Jan 14th 2010, 3:43 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bats1
Oh yes, I forgot .... didn't Leeds kick Man U out of the FA Cup recently? LOL. It's not really important anyway as it's only football!!!!
I wish I could be there to see Bernie's face if you say that to him
Old Jan 14th 2010, 4:07 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

I'll bring her with me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.