Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - February 4th 2010

Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - February 4th 2010

Old Feb 3rd 2010, 1:36 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - February 4th 2010

Ok, another hectic week and I know I am very late in posting.

Mrs Indigofoot was meant to be choosing the venue, but hasn't got back to me, so I have decided to nominate an old favourite - The Royal George on George Street!

The Royal George

I know we only went there a couple of weeks back, but the draw of pint tankards is too much to overcome!

I am open for suggestions as to a strategy for selecting future venues - we have done Alphabetical and Pints - any other ideas?

See you tomorrow night!

S
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 3:37 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - February 4th 2010

How about we give as many pubs as we can name a number. Put numbers into a hat. Pick one out every thursday for the next thursday. I guess we could use this thread for people to nominate the pubs they want included.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 3:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Bats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Swerv-o

Mrs Indigofoot was meant to be choosing the venue, but hasn't got back to me, so I have decided to nominate an old favourite - The Royal George on George Street!

The Royal George

I know we only went there a couple of weeks back, but the draw of pint tankards is too much to overcome!

I am open for suggestions as to a strategy for selecting future venues - we have done Alphabetical and Pints - any other ideas?

See you tomorrow night!

S
Excellent choice Swervo ... one of my favourites.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 9:48 am

kitt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
How about we give as many pubs as we can name a number. Put numbers into a hat. Pick one out every thursday for the next thursday. I guess we could use this thread for people to nominate the pubs they want included.
Why do we have to give every pub a number before we put it into the hat. Why not just put the name of as many pubs as we can name into a hat.

Who will keep track of the numbers and names? And who will bring the hat?
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 9:09 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kitt
Why do we have to give every pub a number before we put it into the hat. Why not just put the name of as many pubs as we can name into a hat.

Maybe we could bring a different hat along each week?

I knew I should have brought along my old bobbies helmet...

S
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kitt

Yeah fair point. Didnt really think it through lol.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura about

OK everyone ... stand by your beds! I'm actually bringing Aussie Jackie out to the pub tonight! Yes, you finally get to meet her - and a few of her cousins who are over here from Birmingham!!! See you all later
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 9:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Maybe we could bring a different hat along each week?

I knew I should have brought along my old bobbies helmet...

S
Have you actually, officially left the Police yet or are they still expecting you back at some point?!!!
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 10:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

Well I wasnt goner come, but maybe if Aussie Jackie is coming! may see you later!
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

marian and ian burgess is an unknown quantity at this point

The Royal George

See you tomorrow night!

S
Hi all . We are new to Sydney and at last we are able to come to the Thursday Night Drinks at Royal George Hotel. (Lots of other stuff to be sorted) At what time should we be there? I guess it won't be hard to spot you all!
Marian and Ian Burgess
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 11:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

Hi there Marian and Ian! we should be fairly easy to spot, we will look out for you, people are there from 6.30pm, I have long blonde hair and wearing a black shirt, see you later!
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 11:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
Well I wasnt goner come, but maybe if Aussie Jackie is coming! may see you later!
Well you're the only person who has met her so far!!!!
Old Feb 4th 2010, 4:14 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by marian and ian burgess
Hi all . We are new to Sydney and at last we are able to come to the Thursday Night Drinks at Royal George Hotel. (Lots of other stuff to be sorted) At what time should we be there? I guess it won't be hard to spot you all!
Marian and Ian Burgess
Hi guys,

I will be there from about 6:30 - I will be in Blue Jeans with a white short sleeved shirt, bronze glasses and collar length hair.

S
Old Feb 4th 2010, 9:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi guys,

I will be there from about 6:30 - I will be in Blue Jeans with a white short sleeved shirt, bronze glasses and collar length hair.

S
So that's what you look like!! LOL xx
Old Feb 9th 2010, 11:08 pm
has lost The Game

Does anybody have any preferences for a venue for tomorrow night? I don't recall drawing the names out of a hat!

I was going to suggest the Angel, but remembered that they don't do food.

Any other suggestions?

S

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.