Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - February 10th 2011

Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - February 10th 2011

Old Feb 10th 2011, 12:31 am
BE Enthusiast

markbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - February 10th 2011

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Usually meet up from 6:30.

This is a small bar - I don't think there will be any difficulty in spotting a group of Poms tonight.

If not though, I am wearing a white shirt, have long hair and glasses, and am currently sporting a set of outrageous sideburns

S
And a Jamie Hynman moustache-io??
Old Feb 10th 2011, 12:32 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddyo
Going for the Noddy Holder look huh fella??

Yeah, not dissimilar! Or maybe The Wurzels...

S
Old Feb 10th 2011, 12:33 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markbhx
And a Jamie Hynman moustache-io??

You're obsessed with Mythbusters!

S
Old Feb 10th 2011, 12:37 am
Forum Regular

vr4indian is an unknown quantity at this point

do I need to stand with "British Expats" printout near BAR, so someone can let me in?
Old Feb 10th 2011, 12:40 am
Forum Regular

princio is an unknown quantity at this point

You're obsessed with Mythbusters!

S
Ok so I'll stop using the old thread now and use this one. We'll be there withour not so outrageous sideburns.
Old Feb 10th 2011, 12:42 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by vr4indian
do I need to stand with "British Expats" printout near BAR, so someone can let me in?

No, you don't, but it has made me think that maybe we should implement some sort of obscure masonic style initiation ritual for newcomers...

S
Old Feb 10th 2011, 12:53 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

No, you don't, but it has made me think that maybe we should implement some sort of obscure masonic style initiation ritual for newcomers...

S
Good point...I'll bring the hot pokers and pot of whale sperm!
Old Feb 10th 2011, 1:06 am
Forum Regular

vr4indian is an unknown quantity at this point

Some sugestion:

1: Drop info to Bar Counter Person - coketailer, so new comer can ask and get direction where you people are sitting.

2: Some Red Hat or White pant

3: some XYZ
Old Feb 10th 2011, 1:12 am
has lost The Game

Some sugestion:

1: Drop info to Bar Counter Person - coketailer, so new comer can ask and get direction where you people are sitting.

No, we tried that before - we used to have little union jack flags that we put on the table, but people still managed to miss them, or it would attract some unwanted attention...

S
Old Feb 10th 2011, 1:30 am
Forum Regular

Happiya is an unknown quantity at this point

I've got ginger hair so if you see a redhead talking to a Noddy Holder look alike you can bet thats the group!

Seriously though i remember the first time i went to it and i was wondering how to find the group and did not want to embarrass myself by walking up to a group of strangers - however it is a lot easier to spot the group then you think!!
Old Feb 10th 2011, 1:43 am
Forum Regular

princio is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Happiya
I've got ginger hair so if you see a redhead talking to a Noddy Holder look alike you can bet thats the group!

Seriously though i remember the first time i went to it and i was wondering how to find the group and did not want to embarrass myself by walking up to a group of strangers - however it is a lot easier to spot the group then you think!!
I've got red hair too so just look out for the Gin-army!!!
Old Feb 10th 2011, 2:09 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Some sugestion:

I don't think its that kind of bar!!
Old Feb 10th 2011, 2:16 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

Blimey!! interesting stuff!!

I will try to make it, and if so will be with my mum!!
Old Feb 10th 2011, 2:50 am
Just Joined

jjj1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll be there guys......see you later!
Old Feb 10th 2011, 7:53 pm
Just Joined

jjj1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

Was good to meet everyone last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. Let me know when you want that game of squash Nathan. I could get there from 17.30 onwards.

Last edited by jjj1234; Feb 10th 2011 at 7:56 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.