Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - 15th September 2011

Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - 15th September 2011

Old Sep 13th 2011, 5:47 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - 15th September 2011

Hey Folks,

This week I had a nomination for The Dundee Arms, at 161 Sussex Street, in the CBD:

The Dundee Arms

It's actually part of the Sheraton Hotel, but is quite nice - An old sandstone building, with a nice courtyard, so let's hope that the weather holds, but we can always move indoors if it doesn't. Good beers and a reasonable menu too.

So who's in?

S
Old Sep 13th 2011, 6:43 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - 15th September 2011

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Hey Folks,

This week I had a nomination for The Dundee Arms, at 161 Sussex Street, in the CBD:

The Dundee Arms

It's actually part of the Sheraton Hotel, but is quite nice - An old sandstone building, with a nice courtyard, so let's hope that the weather holds, but we can always move indoors if it doesn't. Good beers and a reasonable menu too.

So who's in?

S
Yep!! Pay day for me so I'll be there, have a meeting in the CBD but that finishes at 3.30.....have to think of somewhere to go to occupy myself between then and 6.30 without going anywhere near a shoe shop!!
Old Sep 13th 2011, 6:50 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddyo
Yep!! Pay day for me so I'll be there, have a meeting in the CBD but that finishes at 3.30.....have to think of somewhere to go to occupy myself between then and 6.30 without going anywhere near a shoe shop!!

There's some good places in The Cross...

S
Old Sep 13th 2011, 6:58 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Shoes? Really? Tart!
Old Sep 13th 2011, 7:12 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

There's some good places in The Cross...

S
I know mate...for you maybe!!
Old Sep 13th 2011, 7:15 am
Social Grenade Thrower

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Shoes? Really? Tart!
lol...I know...I have loads of pairs of footwear, can't help myself. Even my wife takes the mickey out of me. 3 trainers, 2 boatshoes, 1 kayak shoes, 3 brogues, 2 ankle boots, 3 thongs, 2 loafers, 2 walking shoes...er thats the last count!!!
Old Sep 13th 2011, 7:32 am
has lost The Game

lol...I know...I have loads of pairs of footwear, can't help myself. Even my wife takes the mickey out of me. 3 trainers, 2 boatshoes, 1 kayak shoes, 3 brogues, 2 ankle boots, 3 thongs, 2 loafers, 2 walking shoes...er thats the last count!!!

I like buying shoes too, and I also receive the associated grief from the OH. I just tell her that it's when I stop buying shoes that she needs to worry...

S
Old Sep 13th 2011, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

markbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura about

I like buying shoes too, and I also receive the associated grief from the OH. I just tell her that it's when I stop buying shoes that she needs to worry...

S
What is this a woman's convention? You gonna swap lipsticks next?
Old Sep 13th 2011, 10:44 am
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Come to my place in the city for a coffee. It's just up the road from the Dundee and MISAKO is keen to meet you (which is a worry)....
Old Sep 13th 2011, 2:35 pm
Social Grenade Thrower

Originally Posted by markbhx
What is this a woman's convention? You gonna swap lipsticks next?
I used to wear lipstick in the 80's...je suis a nouveaux romantique!!!
Old Sep 13th 2011, 2:35 pm
Social Grenade Thrower

Originally Posted by slapphead_otool
Come to my place in the city for a coffee. It's just up the road from the Dundee and MISAKO is keen to meet you (which is a worry)....
its not a worry for me!!!
Old Sep 14th 2011, 6:14 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

used to wear lipstick in the 80's...je suis a nouveaux romantique!!!

I will be there after college, if my presentation goes ok..... or if it doesnt....
Old Sep 14th 2011, 6:16 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
Bloody hell!

I will be there after college, if my presentation goes ok..... or if it doesnt....

If it doesn't, then that's all the more reason to go!

S
Old Sep 14th 2011, 6:22 am
Social Grenade Thrower

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
Bloody hell!

Drink to celebrate or drown your sorrows....both work!
Old Sep 14th 2011, 9:54 am
Just Joined

mjkworldwide is an unknown quantity at this point

Haven't been able to make it since the marble bar.. but should be free to head down for a drink or two tomo. Still massively unemployed.. so lets hope they have an impromptu happy hour!

Matt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.