Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - 10th November 2011

Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - 10th November 2011

Old Nov 9th 2011, 4:12 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - 10th November 2011

Hi Folks,

Markbhx has suggested that we head to Jacksons On George this week, at 176 George Street in the CBD:

Jacksons on George

This isn't a bad pub - it's very 'London Boozer' inside, but has a good menu and serves pints too. Usually a popular joint with the Thursday night crowd, so let's give it a whirl.

There is a beer garden at the front if the weather is nice, and if it's raining, then we can retreat inside.

Hopefully see you tomorrow...

S
Old Nov 9th 2011, 4:55 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - 10th November 2011

Its very 'South East London boozer'! but one time they did have a DJ on a Thursday.

ok Ill be there and I guess the drinks will be cheaper!
Old Nov 9th 2011, 5:38 am
BE Enthusiast

markbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Hi Folks,

Markbhx has suggested that we head to Jacksons On George this week, at 176 George Street in the CBD:

Jacksons on George

This isn't a bad pub - it's very 'London Boozer' inside, but has a good menu and serves pints too. Usually a popular joint with the Thursday night crowd, so let's give it a whirl.

There is a beer garden at the front if the weather is nice, and if it's raining, then we can retreat inside.

S
I will make an appearance this week as drinking only started today for me so I'm playing catchup!
Old Nov 9th 2011, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

princio is an unknown quantity at this point

What is happening here? Are we on a mission to go to the worst bars in Sydney all of a sudden?

Mark I love you man but having followed many of your exploits on the book you do love a dodgy boozer! I also have to question this beer graden business. Unless there is an area I don't know of are we refering to the few tables and chairs on the front of the building on George St as a beer garden?

I would personally prefer to go somewhere we can sit out either one of the bars on Sussex slip in or the sussex arms or somewhere or there must be something good up the rocks?

Anyone up for a splinter break away group to somewhere else?

Andy.

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Hi Folks,

Jacksons on George

S
Old Nov 9th 2011, 8:36 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be there. Got a bit of a cold from change of climate but hoping it'll be gone by tomorrow. How good is this weather?
Old Nov 9th 2011, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

Oaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with Andy - this boozer is terrible! On the main road and sticky carpets in the main bar. The last time we arranged to go I didn't - very rare for me but I've had the misfortune of a previous visit which still haunts me.

Can we choose somewhere else?

Originally Posted by princio
What is happening here? Are we on a mission to go to the worst bars in Sydney all of a sudden?

Mark I love you man but having followed many of your exploits on the book you do love a dodgy boozer! I also have to question this beer graden business. Unless there is an area I don't know of are we refering to the few tables and chairs on the front of the building on George St as a beer garden?

I would personally prefer to go somewhere we can sit out either one of the bars on Sussex slip in or the sussex arms or somewhere or there must be something good up the rocks?

Andy.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

markbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Oaters
I agree with Andy - this boozer is terrible! On the main road and sticky carpets in the main bar. The last time we arranged to go I didn't - very rare for me but I've had the misfortune of a previous visit which still haunts me.

Can we choose somewhere else?
Don't you just love Poms! All for farkin moaning about stuff but never come up with alternatives!! I'll go to any pub, I go for the company not the atmos. If you want to go somewhere else then make a farkin suggestion so we can shoot it down :-p
Old Nov 9th 2011, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

Now now skip!

There are suggestions in my post. The Sussex arms was great (weather permitting), slip inn is good I really like the place near Martin's place with the upstairs beer garden but not sure what it's called. Nathan was coming up with it.

Hardrock cafe, Jacksons on George.....Come on fella someone with such an extensive knowledge on Sydneys drinking establishments can surely lead us to far better watering holes than these?????

Originally Posted by markbhx
Don't you just love Poms! All for farkin moaning about stuff but never come up with alternatives!! I'll go to any pub, I go for the company not the atmos. If you want to go somewhere else then make a farkin suggestion so we can shoot it down :-p
Old Nov 9th 2011, 9:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Now now skip!

There are suggestions in my post. The Sussex arms was great (weather permitting), slip inn is good I really like the place near Martin's place with the upstairs beer garden but not sure what it's called. Nathan was coming up with it.

Hardrock cafe, Jacksons on George.....Come on fella someone with such an extensive knowledge on Sydneys drinking establishments can surely lead us to far better watering holes than these?????
I'm happy with any places on the rocks, the hero, lord Nelson, Aussie, glenmore all favorites but I think they were done recently so I didn't offer them. Sussex hotel that place closed at 10pm if I'm right. I would question the breakaway group the last time I found them in the occidental!! Doesn't bother me where i drink but if you want a good but the occidental is not it.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

To be fair to Mark, there was a call for alternatives in last weeks thread.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 10:02 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Andy.
oh dear....splitters....it is an omen of disatisfaction!!
Old Nov 9th 2011, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

How about the Helm bar or Bungalow/loft in Darling harbour? Good outdoor area if the weathers good and a decent indoor area if it's shit. Good ferry/walking access for our Pyrmont - Balmain contingent and near to Wynyard for our north Shorers. Oh and we've got the Hayley's sister here so it covers the tourist aspect too? Agree the Occi isn't a great place for us, good for after work beers but not Pommy goup.

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
To be fair to Mark, there was a call for alternatives in last weeks thread.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 10:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by paddyo
oh dear....splitters....it is an omen of disatisfaction!!
Look does it matter where we go, as long as we're not knee high in shit and urine then we should be fine.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 10:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Just to clear something up, the 'occidental incident' wasnt a breakaway group going off on their own. When we were there, we contacted some people who were in the Hard Rock cafe and they appeared to be the only ones there. Eventually the word got around that we were in the Occi and everyone else joined us.

I think calls for a breakaway group should be on a different thread. That particular night just happened like it did. i dont think anyone intended to cause any grief.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

That rules Jacksons out then ;-)

Originally Posted by markbhx
Look does it matter where we go, as long as we're not knee high in shit and urine then we should be fine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.