Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 9th July 2008 - All welcome

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 9th July 2008 - All welcome

Old Jul 9th 2008, 1:56 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 9th July 2008 - All welcome

Ok this week we are going to try something a bit different.

The plan is to meet at Kelly's on King at about 6:30, for a meal and some beer. Then partake in the pub quiz and move on to the karaoke that they have there.

It should be an entertaining evening.

Newtown is just a short train ride from the CBD, and the pub is very close to the station, No. 285 King Street.

Sorry, I don't have the time to post anything longer!

S
Old Jul 9th 2008, 2:06 am
Forum Regular

toddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nice
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 9th July 2008 - All welcome

Hello all. Looking forward to having a beer and seeing everyone this week. Just a little confused as i thought this was the Sydney CBD drinks meet????
Old Jul 9th 2008, 2:17 am
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

Newtown.... how convenient and a stroke of good fortune for those who live in that area - count me in!
Old Jul 9th 2008, 2:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Bats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by vix77
Newtown.... how convenient and a stroke of good fortune for those who live in that area - count me in!
Sorry chaps, it's not happening for me this week. Much as I enjoy a pub quiz, it's too much of a trek for me, I'll catch up next time you're closer to the City
Old Jul 9th 2008, 2:35 am
BE Enthusiast

briwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nice

sorry guys, I'm off to get my nails done this week - buddy is over from NZ and was desperate to go to manicures and martinis which means it has to be Thursday night. Himself will probably come to Newtown though
Old Jul 9th 2008, 2:39 am
Ooh my gout...

IndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to all

I'll be there (work permitting). If there's a bar and some food i don't take much persuading.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 3:29 am
Forum Regular

Bonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by toddd10
Hello all. Looking forward to having a beer and seeing everyone this week. Just a little confused as i thought this was the Sydney CBD drinks meet????
you think that's bad, due to God Squad next week we're meeting in Newcastle (no, not that one!)
Old Jul 9th 2008, 3:51 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bonch
you think that's bad, due to God Squad next week we're meeting in Newcastle (no, not that one!)
Vix and I were discussing what to do about next week - maybe leave it for a week, and then resume the week after?

Stupid Pope.

S
Old Jul 9th 2008, 4:15 am
BE Enthusiast

briwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nice

Are pilgrims allowed to drink in the papal presence? Are pubs going to be teeming with nuns on the sherry? Personally, I'm going to be down at the harbour watching the floating popemobile at 3pm, then I'm well up for a communion wine, so, if anyone does want to meet next week, I'll be at the Establishment on the free stuff!!!!!
Old Jul 9th 2008, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

toddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nice

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 6.8) SAMSUNG-SGH-i601/WM534 UP.Link/6.5.1.3.0)

i have no problem with the papal boat a cade, happy to go city drinking
Old Jul 9th 2008, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

sharonm5 will become famous soon enoughsharonm5 will become famous soon enough

Hi guys, newbie here that arrived last friday. Not sure what time my meeting finishes this afternoon/eve, and have no idea where newtown is (well I just looked on the map...) What do you think a cab ride from clarence street to there would cost? I am living slap bang in the middle of the cbd at the moment. I havent used trains or busses yet so if I am going to have some grape juice I think cabbing it would be the way forward for me!
Old Jul 9th 2008, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sharonm5
Hi guys, newbie here that arrived last friday. Not sure what time my meeting finishes this afternoon/eve, and have no idea where newtown is (well I just looked on the map...) What do you think a cab ride from clarence street to there would cost? I am living slap bang in the middle of the cbd at the moment. I havent used trains or busses yet so if I am going to have some grape juice I think cabbing it would be the way forward for me!
Hi Sharon, I would think a cab ride will be about $15 each way, its a guess.
Old Jul 10th 2008, 12:02 am
Forum Regular

that doesnt sound to bad...was thinking 3 times that amount each way actually... what tells you I am fresh off the boat!
Old Jul 10th 2008, 12:09 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by sharonm5
that doesnt sound to bad...was thinking 3 times that amount each way actually... what tells you I am fresh off the boat!
Taxis here are remarkably cheap compared to their London counterparts.

We should get to the pub for about 6:30, but feel free to show up when you want. We normally meet in the CBD, but this week (typically) we thought we would give something else a try!

Either I or Vix77 can supply you with a contact number so that you can locate us. We have had many tries with stuffed toys and flags, none of which have been very successful.

S
Old Jul 10th 2008, 2:45 am
Forum Regular

hi...i have contact so will call when i am close... Meeting cancelled this afternoon - happy days, an afternoon nap is called for!! Not that it will help my brain capacity in quizzes...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.