Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 4th December 2008 - Newcomers welcome

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 4th December 2008 - Newcomers welcome

Old Dec 1st 2008, 10:58 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 4th December 2008 - Newcomers welcome

Hi Folks,

I should firstly apologise for not remembering to let you know I wouldn't be at last week's meet - I was in Tasmania, and had a hectic week so forgot to post. Sorry to all the people that called wanting to know where everyone was. Normal service is resumed this week however...

This week's alphabetical treat is the letter R, of which there seem to be two reasonable choices:

1. The Royal George

The Royal George

Centrally located on George Street, next to the Ivy, a Thursday drinks favourite with a good menu, pints and free pool (and nuts if you can pinch them unnoticed from the pokie room).

2. The Republic

The Republic Hotel

On the corner of Pitt and Bridge Streets, offering a quirky menu and a cabinet full of classic games, an, as yet, unvisited Thursday Drinks location.

So I will put it out to the vote - who is in, and who wants to go where?

S
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 2:30 am
BE Enthusiast

briwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nice
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 4th December 2008 - Newcomers welcome

I am torn - I like the food at the George, but the Republic give my running club free drinks every Tuesday, losing money in the process so the idea of boosting their profits hugely by sending us lot their way does appeal - the seating in there is somewhat spread out though.

If we do pick the Republic there is a sofa-ey area that they do rope off sometimes, perhaps a call might secure it.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 2:32 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 4th December 2008 - Newcomers welcome

Originally Posted by briwi
I am torn - I like the food at the George, but the Republic give my running club free drinks every Tuesday, losing money in the process so the idea of boosting their profits hugely by sending us lot their way does appeal - the seating in there is somewhat spread out though.

If we do pick the Republic there is a sofa-ey area that they do rope off sometimes, perhaps a call might secure it.

Ok, sounds good. I was just thinking that I should have included a Poll on this thread, then we could have all voted discreetly!

S
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 1:08 am
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

My vote is going to the Royal George - I love that place and the food and free pool... if it gets boring in there then we can always go to the republic later?

So we have one vote for the Republic and one for the Royal George...

anyone else have any preferences? we need to split the tie...
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 1:14 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by vix77
My vote is going to the Royal George - I love that place and the food and free pool... if it gets boring in there then we can always go to the republic later?

So we have one vote for the Republic and one for the Royal George...

anyone else have any preferences? we need to split the tie...

Or somebody else to vote! I was beginning to think we were the only ones on here...

S
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 1:46 am
Forum Regular

dmpp will become famous soon enough

We will probally opt for the Royal George as we havn't been there before, a good of a reason as any.
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 3:12 am
BE Enthusiast

briwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nice

I wasn't so much voting for the Republic as putting a case for them - I 'll happily munch sausage and mash and crispy onion bits at the George!!!!
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 3:49 am
KRL
Just Joined

KRL is an unknown quantity at this point

Free pool gets my vote!
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 5:13 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya, I'm up for either. Never been but just to make it easier, i'll pick the Royal George.
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 5:17 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
Hiya, I'm up for either. Never been but just to make it easier, i'll pick the Royal George.

Well, it looks like it will be the Royal George then. Shall we meet in the bar, or downstairs, at the pool table?

S
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 5:18 am
Forum Regular

gelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nice

Republic
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 5:18 am
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Well, it looks like it will be the Royal George then. Shall we meet in the bar, or downstairs, at the pool table?

S
i think we should meet in the bar, have food then take over the pool table...

i will be there from 6pm...
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 5:44 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vix77
then take over the pool table...
Shall i bring a blade or something?
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

Bootch is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all, newly arrived in Sydney and been meaning to come along on a Thursday meetup but haven't had the chance as yet.

Free pool sounds good to me too. Looking forward to meeting you all tomorrow, probably get there around 8.
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 9:59 am
Just Joined

The_Moon is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, I will vote for the Royal George as well then.

On a slightly different note it is my birthday on the 7th and I was going to have a Hob-off (I think these australians call an outside gas hob a BBQ? strange!)

It will also me my last week for a while as I am heading back to the UK for Crimbo in a week.

So I know Karen and Colin were going to do something on the Saturday and I don't want to rain on their parade but I will be having a BBQ regardless.

So If you want to hob some exotic meat in luxurious sauces or would rather char a burger all is good with me.

Private message me (or talk to me tomorrow) if you want to know where I am or what time.

Hope one, some, all of you can make it.

Lee

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.