Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 3rd July 2008 - All welcome

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 3rd July 2008 - All welcome

Old Jun 30th 2008, 5:14 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 3rd July 2008 - All welcome

Ok, so the end of the financial year looms like a bear market charging a fragile economy. And what better way to celebrate, than by heading out for some Thursday evening drinks in Sydney's CBD!

Briefly discussed last week, and gaining quite a bit of support was the idea of heading back to The Angel on Pitt Street. A great bar, with good food and drink.

Any followers?

S
Old Jun 30th 2008, 5:35 am
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 3rd July 2008 - All welcome

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Ok, so the end of the financial year looms like a bear market charging a fragile economy. And what better way to celebrate, than by heading out for some Thursday evening drinks in Sydney's CBD!

Briefly discussed last week, and gaining quite a bit of support was the idea of heading back to The Angel on Pitt Street. A great bar, with good food and drink.

Any followers?

S
I have a feeling they don't serve food here - they only do lunch....
Old Jun 30th 2008, 5:52 am
Forum Regular

Bonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the rough

...if that is the case what about a nostalgic trip back to the bizarre that is Coolabar on Pitt Street? It was the scene of my first thurs night, complete with sofa's you'd expect at your grans, and more importantly, pool tables.
Old Jun 30th 2008, 6:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Bats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura about

Any followers?

S
Count me in
Old Jun 30th 2008, 11:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bonch
...if that is the case what about a nostalgic trip back to the bizarre that is Coolabar on Pitt Street? It was the scene of my first thurs night, complete with sofa's you'd expect at your grans, and more importantly, pool tables.
Oohh, the Coolabar.... now you are talking, we can have the bar to ourselves too. Swerv-o can play on the jukebox and we can play pool... excellent plan
Old Jun 30th 2008, 11:31 pm
Forum Regular

Bonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the rough

i love it when a plan comes together
Old Jul 1st 2008, 12:24 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vix77
Oohh, the Coolabar.... now you are talking, we can have the bar to ourselves too. Swerv-o can play on the jukebox and we can play pool... excellent plan

Ah, the Coolabar. The only pub I know of with two Faith No More albums on the Jukebox. I'm in.

We may need to provide some directions for the uninitiated though. It's not the easiest place to find...

S
Old Jul 1st 2008, 12:26 am
Forum Regular

Ah, the Coolabar. The only pub I know of with two Faith No More albums on the Jukebox. I'm in.

We may need to provide some directions for the uninitiated though. It's not the easiest place to find...

S
...and earplugs
Old Jul 1st 2008, 3:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Bats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura about

S
I think I'll give this one a miss. Having lashed out an enormous amount of money on my parent's Xmas presents on Sunday (which need to be shipped home) I could do to tighten the old belt.
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 11:54 pm
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by Bats1
I think I'll give this one a miss. Having lashed out an enormous amount of money on my parent's Xmas presents on Sunday (which need to be shipped home) I could do to tighten the old belt.

Are you sure you won't be able to make it just for one or two? It's not that far from your work you know...

In actual fact, it's here:

247 Pitt St , (Level 1), Sydney

It's actually inside the shopping arcade - you have to go up the escalators to get there.

S
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 1:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Are you sure you won't be able to make it just for one or two? It's not that far from your work you know...

In actual fact, it's here:

247 Pitt St , (Level 1), Sydney

It's actually inside the shopping arcade - you have to go up the escalators to get there.

S
well i will be there tonight - i have had a tough two days of work, almost worked as much in those two days as I have for the previous 6mths combined - its a hard life! back to thumb twiddling now.

so... who had spain in the sweepstake? make yourself known as I have the money with me and if you dont turn up tonight I will spend it...
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 2:27 am
Forum Regular

so, had to do a bit of filing then?

alas I didn't have them (you just can't rely on those pesky Italians can you?!?) but I'm sure there was a subclause in paragraph 6(i) of annexure A in the smallprint that said if the winner couldn't turn up on the first Thursday following the end of the tournement then the proceeds should be shared equally behind the bar by all those present on said Thursday....
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 2:28 am
Ooh my gout...

IndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to all

Originally Posted by vix77
well i will be there tonight - i have had a tough two days of work, almost worked as much in those two days as I have for the previous 6mths combined - its a hard life! back to thumb twiddling now.

so... who had spain in the sweepstake? make yourself known as I have the money with me and if you dont turn up tonight I will spend it...
I'm Sparticus! No, i mean i had Spain! honest.
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 2:28 am
Ooh my gout...

IndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to all

Not really. Had Russia.
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 2:59 am
Forum Regular

i think we should do another sweepstake along the lines of who will be the next player to sign for Newcastle. Bet no-one wins that one!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.