Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 31/01/08

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 31/01/08

Old Jan 29th 2008, 5:36 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 31/01/08

Well, Thursday the 31st of January looms - a whole month into 2008, and I seem to have barely recovered from Christmas.

But, a month seems like a good point to have some drinks, so who's up for some beers this Thursday?

I'm not going to suggest any bars this week, though the two we didn't go to last week are still outstanding:

The Hero of Waterloo - The Rocks

The Customs House - Pitt Street

and of course any better suggestions that anybody has.

Here we go again...

S
Old Jan 29th 2008, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

marksm3 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 31/01/08

Sorry just posted on last weeks thread.
i got my visa last week, and am emigrating totally on my own ,I know only a couple of people there and i have never been to Sydney, so i would be really gratefull if i could join you lot one night when i get there end of March ( will get the first round in), I am starting to get really nervous about doing this on my own. and where the happening place to live is. any ideas

Mark
Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

briwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nice

Walked past Custom's House Bar (it's actually in MacQuarie
Place, off Pitt Street and down by Circular Quay) again last night with Mr Briwi and he said 'why haven't we been there yet' so I'm not alone in thinking it looks okay. Not sure about food scenario but according to those on the 'tintyweb' it sells its beer in pints. and it's small inside but there are large tables outside.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

MissyMoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by marksm3
Sorry just posted on last weeks thread.
i got my visa last week, and am emigrating totally on my own ,I know only a couple of people there and i have never been to Sydney, so i would be really gratefull if i could join you lot one night when i get there end of March ( will get the first round in), I am starting to get really nervous about doing this on my own. and where the happening place to live is. any ideas

Mark
well mark, I'd have to say the "happening" place to live would be the Inner West, mainly newtown but any surrounding areas are still pretty darn cool

Anyone is free to join in for weekly drinks, they even let me go and I'm not even a real Expat! They are just that nice
Old Jan 30th 2008, 9:58 am
Wannabe Aussie

DiamondGeezer is an unknown quantity at this point

Somewhere on The Rocks would be nice. A pub with outdoor seating and good food.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 12:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Well, Thursday the 31st of January looms - a whole month into 2008, and I seem to have barely recovered from Christmas.

But, a month seems like a good point to have some drinks, so who's up for some beers this Thursday?

I'm not going to suggest any bars this week, though the two we didn't go to last week are still outstanding:

The Hero of Waterloo - The Rocks

The Customs House - Pitt Street

and of course any better suggestions that anybody has.

Here we go again...

S

Hey swerv-o i didnt make it to move to sydney so didnt enjoy one of your meets. Thanks for the invite though a few months ago. Settled in melbourne after all after looking at nelson bay fpr a bit.

I was inspired by and copied you, we have a melbourne CBD drinks night next friday set up by me, so if you fancy a real cool venue then come to melbourne LOL

Take care mate, all the best.

Alk
Old Jan 30th 2008, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MissyMoo
well mark, I'd have to say the "happening" place to live would be the Inner West, mainly newtown but any surrounding areas are still pretty darn cool

Anyone is free to join in for weekly drinks, they even let me go and I'm not even a real Expat! They are just that nice
Thanks for that missymoo, will make sure i get in touch when i arrive
mark
Old Jan 30th 2008, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

Swervo
Thanks for reply, really getting excited now, just had a royal mail slip in post to pick up a letter needing signed for, That will be my passport with the BIG Stamp in it woo hoo!, will stick my neb in when i can , like you say get to know you lot a bit before getting there. loads of thanks

Mark
Old Jan 30th 2008, 10:45 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by briwi
Walked past Custom's House Bar (it's actually in MacQuarie
Place, off Pitt Street and down by Circular Quay) again last night with Mr Briwi and he said 'why haven't we been there yet' so I'm not alone in thinking it looks okay. Not sure about food scenario but according to those on the 'tintyweb' it sells its beer in pints. and it's small inside but there are large tables outside.

So have we actually decided where we're going yet then? I will actually be on time tonight, so anywhere close to a station would be good for me.

S
Old Jan 31st 2008, 12:00 am
Forum Regular

gelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nice

Customs house is great go there
Old Jan 31st 2008, 12:25 am
Forum Regular

Bonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by gelectrox
Customs house is great go there
i'm easy but am a little wary if gelectrox is recommending somewhere as to how good it can be.....
Old Jan 31st 2008, 12:34 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by Bonch
i'm easy but am a little wary if gelectrox is recommending somewhere as to how good it can be.....

Here's a review of The Customs House:

"Some reviews sound like they're reffering to the bar at the Customs House building (eg Cafe Sydney) not Customs House Bar owned by The Marriott Hotel in Macquarie Place.

Either way it got a great atmosphere, not your average city pub. The staff/service is incredible so helpful and friendly and with $6 pints it has to be one of my favourite watering holes."

The highlighted part gets my vote.

See you all there at 6:30?

S
Old Jan 31st 2008, 12:41 am
Forum Regular

gelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nice

We all know your easy Bonch. Its a great CBD Thursday night pub, I'll be lkater as I have a interview at 6.

I'll see if I can persuade James, you might be keen to discuss Mark Noble with him
Old Jan 31st 2008, 12:44 am
has lost The Game

We all know your easy Bonch. Its a great CBD Thursday night pub, I'll be lkater as I have a interview at 6.

I'll see if I can persuade James, you might be keen to discuss Mark Noble with him

Will he be back after the drubbing he received in the Star Wars quiz?

S
Old Jan 31st 2008, 1:16 am
Forum Regular

Bonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the rough

mark noble and the 3 points we have over them...the table never lies!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.