Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 27th November 2008 - Newcomers welcome

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 27th November 2008 - Newcomers welcome

Old Nov 25th 2008, 5:32 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 27th November 2008 - Newcomers welcome

Hi Folks,

Another Thursday drinks looms towards us, and this week the Alphabetical odyssey takes us to the letter Q.

No chance I hear you cry - and you're almost right - there is no Queen Vic. There is, however, The Quarrymans Hotel, in Pyrmont.

The Quarrymans

This is exactly opposite the Kirk that we went to a couple of weeks ago, and it's not too bad - has a nice upstairs part with a couple of pool tables for Vix to take advantage of.

So, who is in?

S
Old Nov 25th 2008, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 27th November 2008 - Newcomers welcome

The alternative to the Quarrymans is the QUAY BAR in Circular Quay, it is more central if people are not wanting to travel over to Pyrmont?

http://www.quaybar.com.au/QuayBar/522/n/3/0/0/

Lets have a quick poll...

Quarrymans or the Quay Bar?
Old Nov 25th 2008, 9:49 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 27th November 2008 - Newcomers welcome

Originally Posted by vix77
The alternative to the Quarrymans is the QUAY BAR in Circular Quay, it is more central if people are not wanting to travel over to Pyrmont?

Hmmm. That would work as well. And you're right - it is much more central than Pyrmont.

Let's leave it for the masses to decide...

S
Old Nov 25th 2008, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

Bonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the rough

as much as I'd like to witness vix taking advantage of a pool table, the quay is easier for me
Old Nov 26th 2008, 1:49 am
BE Enthusiast

briwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nice

I vote for Quay too - not least as it's right by the bus stop home. And that magician man might turn up again! And should anyone be pining for pool, there's always the Paragon opposite you can shoot off to for a game, then come back!

Last edited by briwi; Nov 26th 2008 at 1:52 am.
Old Nov 26th 2008, 2:14 am
Forum Regular

gelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nice

As I live 5 minutes from the Quarrymans-the Quarrymans
Old Nov 26th 2008, 2:31 am
Forum Regular

Bonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by gelectrox
As I live 5 minutes from the Quarrymans-the Quarrymans
...how is the new gaff?
Old Nov 26th 2008, 4:09 am
Just Joined

gemstar is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 27th November 2008 - Newcomers welcome

My boyfriend and I just arrived in Sydney 2 weeks ago and are both working in the CBD! Would be great to meet up with everyone. From what little we've seen so far of Sydney, Quay would be great!
Old Nov 26th 2008, 5:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

We're down that way for a weekend break so may well pop in for a pint if that's ok but would like to know which one you're going to
Old Nov 26th 2008, 8:17 am
Just Joined

ROSHAN is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys,

I was not an active member but I met Phipson in the Bank and i was mentioning that i was a member of the British Expats she said that they have thursday night drinks, I have been in sydney but havent been able to meet up with any one of u guys,

I would be surely making it but just dont know the venue, is it in Pyrmont or some place else, could anybody just let me know where it is, as I am new to the meetup just wanna be sure before heading after work.

Hope to see you guys tomm

Cheers
Roshan
Old Nov 26th 2008, 9:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Bats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by vix77

Quay Bar for me - right across the road from the office and from the ferry home!
Old Nov 26th 2008, 11:08 am
Just Joined

dinh van is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys, finally going to make it along for drinks again...and it's on the way home...too easy!
Old Nov 26th 2008, 9:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

The Poll has closed and the venue has overwhelmingly been decided..

We will be going to the Quay Bar which is the ground level of Customs House in Circular Quay. Usual meeting time is 6.30pm - for any new people coming along please send me a PM so we can sort out mobile numbers for you to call in case you can't find us...

I will not be there until around 8pm as I have client xmas drinks tonight so apologies in advance for slurring...
Old Nov 27th 2008, 3:42 am
Just Joined

gemstar is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't PM anyone as i am a new joiner. Is there any chance someone could leave a number so we can find out where you guys and girls will be in Quay Bar?? That would be fab! I may have to work late but trying to get away for drinks!
Old Nov 27th 2008, 3:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gemstar
I can't PM anyone as i am a new joiner. Is there any chance someone could leave a number so we can find out where you guys and girls will be in Quay Bar?? That would be fab! I may have to work late but trying to get away for drinks!
if you do one more post then you can PM.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.