Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 24/04/08

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 24/04/08

Old Apr 22nd 2008, 7:18 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 24/04/08

Hi Folks,

This week is the anniversary of Briwi's arrival in Sydney, so we shall leave it up to her to choose and name a suitable watering hole for us.

Also, we have the public holiday the following day too, so we can make it quite a big night out, followed by a hair of the dog pub crawl around Balmain on Anzac day.

Any takers?

S
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 8:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Russ_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really nice
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 24/04/08

Hello all..

early 30'sumthings here expecting to be in Sydney from late September this year..We have a 3yr old boy and are from Dublin..

just wondering if there are any others in the same boat as ourselves..

sorry to jump into the thread!
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 12:02 am
BE Enthusiast

briwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nice

Okay, despite me continually pointing out to him that the weather is sh*te, Mr Briwi is still set on the Opera Bar for at least two drinkies.

Outside - probably on the wall as he likes to hear the sea splashing if it's not raining, inside if it is.

Vix77 then suggested perhaps retiring to the Ship if the weather is dodgy and/or the food prices scare people.

How's that as a plan - with an option to completely scrap the whole blooming idea and reconvene if it's absolutely teaming down tomorrow?
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 12:05 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by briwi
Okay, despite me continually pointing out to him that the weather is sh*te, Mr Briwi is still set on the Opera Bar for at least two drinkies.

Outside - probably on the wall as he likes to hear the sea splashing if it's not raining, inside if it is.

Vix77 then suggested perhaps retiring to the Ship if the weather is dodgy and/or the food prices scare people.

How's that as a plan - with an option to completely scrap the whole blooming idea and reconvene if it's absolutely teaming down tomorrow?

The weather report suggests that it will start clearing up today, so it looks like we could be ok!

S
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

gelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nice

The ship is awful, its like drinking at Heston Service Station, -but they do a decent 6 bucks pizza, so I would suggest that we then move on from the Ship to the rocks? for a crawl? One beer in each of the pubs?
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 12:21 am
Forum Regular

gelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nice

er Mrs Brwi the Opera bar is outside? Also are you planning to 'get faceless' again? That Max Clifford biog is awful-terrible man
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 2:15 am
BE Enthusiast

briwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nice

Re Faceless: If I only manage to eat a handful of peanuts all day then consume 7 glasses of fizzy wine in rapid succession- quite possibly, yes!!!!!

And I know it's outside, but he wont' listen to me.......
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 2:19 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by gelectrox
The ship is awful, its like drinking at Heston Service Station, -but they do a decent 6 bucks pizza, so I would suggest that we then move on from the Ship to the rocks? for a crawl? One beer in each of the pubs?

A cheeky crawl of The Rocks could well be in order after we have fed and watered ourselves. Remember that we don't have to get up for work on Friday, so we could have a nice extended session...

Briwi - The weather charts look good for tomorrow, so I don't think the outsideness of the Opera Bar should be an issue...

Hopefully.

S
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 2:26 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
A cheeky crawl of The Rocks could well be in order after we have fed and watered ourselves. Remember that we don't have to get up for work on Friday, so we could have a nice extended session...

Briwi - The weather charts look good for tomorrow, so I don't think the outsideness of the Opera Bar should be an issue...

Hopefully.

S
And today is St Georges Day, so though we will be 24 hours late, we should try and at least do something!

S
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 3:33 am
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
And today is St Georges Day, so though we will be 24 hours late, we should try and at least do something!

S
Happy St Georges day... i love the way us Brits are so proud and celebrate it by forgetting it every year... at least we are consistent!

Ending up at the rocks sounds perfect as I have a friend whose birthday it is celebrate in the hero of waterloo so i can nip in later on... speaking of which - any ideas what to get a 31 yr old bloke for a present?
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 3:38 am
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Russ_Sarah
Hello all..

early 30'sumthings here expecting to be in Sydney from late September this year..We have a 3yr old boy and are from Dublin..

just wondering if there are any others in the same boat as ourselves..

sorry to jump into the thread!
Sorry Sarah, none of us have kids, we are an adults only glorified drinking club but there are several other groups on BE that have kids in Sydney you may be interested in... or if you can find a babysitter then you will be more than welcome to join us.
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 5:01 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vix77
.. speaking of which - any ideas what to get a 31 yr old bloke for a present?
18 year old buxom wench?????
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 11:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Bats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by vix77
Happy St Georges day... i love the way us Brits are so proud and celebrate it by forgetting it every year... at least we are consistent!

Ending up at the rocks sounds perfect as I have a friend whose birthday it is celebrate in the hero of waterloo so i can nip in later on... speaking of which - any ideas what to get a 31 yr old bloke for a present?
Hello everyone and happy St George's Day. George is thinking of making a guest appearance tomorrow as it's is "special day" today .. he's in disgrace at the moment, found him slumped in the bedroom with Patrick from Ireland .... what can I say!?!
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 10:48 pm
Forum Regular

George and Patrick and a 18 year old buxom wench ey?
Old Apr 24th 2008, 1:38 am
Forum Regular

toddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nice

I bet Andrew was exposing his sporan to George and Patrick again, bless them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.