Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 24/01/08

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 24/01/08

Old Jan 21st 2008, 1:38 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 24/01/08

OK, so here is the new thread for this week's meet up - Thursday 24th January.

Suggestions for venue so far:

The Customs House - Pitt Street

The Hero of Waterloo - The Rocks

The Pumphouse - Darling Harbour

Discuss...

S
Old Jan 21st 2008, 3:00 am
Wannabe Aussie

DiamondGeezer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 24/01/08

Originally Posted by Swerv-o

Discuss...

S
Are any of these place quiet enough that you can hear yourself speak without shouting?
Old Jan 21st 2008, 3:05 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DiamondGeezer
Are any of these place quiet enough that you can hear yourself speak without shouting?

I don't know, as we haven't been to any of them yet.

we try to go to a new place each week, so we won't know about volumes, food, beer or anything else until we rock up on Thursday evening.

S
Old Jan 21st 2008, 3:07 am
Forum Regular

MissyMoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Discuss...

S
Greetings Doctor

I know I'm the odd one out, not being English and all, but I was going to suggest The Australian Hotel in The Rocks, I thought you brits might like to try some Kangaroo or Crocodile pizza??

Other than that, I've heard good things about The Pumphouse
Old Jan 21st 2008, 8:53 am
Just Joined

Mick in Sydney is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum though we've been in Sydney for a while. Would be nice to meet up with some other poms ... if you decide on anywhere for you next meet up.
[I'm in the inner west].
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 5:31 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by Mick in Sydney
Hi guys, I'm new to this forum though we've been in Sydney for a while. Would be nice to meet up with some other poms ... if you decide on anywhere for you next meet up.
[I'm in the inner west].

the Inner West is the place to be! We will be heading out this Thursday evening - the venue yet to be decided - and it looks like we may attempt a pub crawl in Glebe on Sunday afternoon, so plenty of opportunity to get involved.

S
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

briwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nice

Morning - we'll be there tomorrow, not fussed on venue, though I've got to work from 8ish so if I did have to vote one out it would be the one in the Rocks as it's slightly further for me to walk home which means leaving earlier.
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

janeypie is a jewel in the roughjaneypie is a jewel in the roughjaneypie is a jewel in the roughjaneypie is a jewel in the roughjaneypie is a jewel in the rough

hiya!!

just arrived in sydney a week ago and starting to go stir crazy with my own company! would definitely be interested in meting up for some drinks... how easy is it to spot you all? do you walk around in string vests, handkerchiefs tied to your head and sandles with socks?
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 3:57 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by briwi
Morning - we'll be there tomorrow, not fussed on venue, though I've got to work from 8ish so if I did have to vote one out it would be the one in the Rocks as it's slightly further for me to walk home which means leaving earlier.

Surely the one in Darling Harbour is easiest for you then?

I'm still in favour of The Pumphouse, as they are an independent brewer and we may get some decent homespun ales there. The Menu is Tapas and gourmet Pizzas.

Where is everyone this week?

S
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 3:59 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by janeypie
hiya!!

just arrived in sydney a week ago and starting to go stir crazy with my own company! would definitely be interested in meting up for some drinks... how easy is it to spot you all? do you walk around in string vests, handkerchiefs tied to your head and sandles with socks?

Definitely going out this week - Just trying to decide where to go.

We normally bring something English with us and place on a table - Vix has a set of cards with a Union Jack on which we sprinkle about liberally. We probably will decide where to go either later today, or tomorrow. It's usually a last minute rush!

S
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 4:01 am
Ooh my gout...

IndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to all

Surely the one in Darling Harbour is easiest for you then?

I'm still in favour of The Pumphouse, as they are an independent brewer and we may get some decent homespun ales there. The Menu is Tapas and gourmet Pizzas.

Where is everyone this week?

S
Out of the 3 suggested, Pumphouse gets my vote as it has a good beer menu Count me in.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 4:05 am
Forum Regular

MissyMoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by IndigoFoot
Out of the 3 suggested, Pumphouse gets my vote as it has a good beer menu Count me in.
yep, Pumphouse sounds good to me too

I think Swerv-o should wear his union jack shirt so people know who to look for
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 4:07 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by MissyMoo
yep, Pumphouse sounds good to me too

I think Swerv-o should wear his union jack shirt so people know who to look for
A, but Swerv-O won't be arriving until 7:30, and he doesn't want people to miss out on a night out because he will be late.

S
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 4:15 am
Ooh my gout...

IndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to all

A, but Swerv-O won't be arriving until 7:30, and he doesn't want people to miss out on a night out because he will be late.

S
I'm not sure what time i'll finish work tomorrow (but will confirm tomorrow). I may be able to get there early and bring something recognisable along - e.g. doilies for the table, signed photo of Gary Wilmot etc.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 4:24 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by IndigoFoot
I'm not sure what time i'll finish work tomorrow (but will confirm tomorrow). I may be able to get there early and bring something recognisable along - e.g. doilies for the table, signed photo of Gary Wilmot etc.

You're not still holding out for that signed picture of Gary Wilmot to become your retirement fund are you?

S

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.