Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 20th November 2008 - Newcomers welcome

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 20th November 2008 - Newcomers welcome

Old Nov 18th 2008, 2:37 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 20th November 2008 - Newcomers welcome

Ok, so it's that time of the week again.

We actually had a request for this week's venue - P for one of our number! So being the pleasant and helpful folk that we are, we decided to head to PJ O'Brien's bar, right in the heart of the city.

PJ O'Briens

So get your laughing gear ready for yummy pies, copious pints of Guiness and Magners. Mmmm... I'm thirsty all ready...

I have reserved an area under the name of Nathan from 6:30. It is the area next to the bar, so should be easy to find.

Hope to see you all there!

S
Old Nov 18th 2008, 2:44 am
Forum Regular

Bonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 20th November 2008 - Newcomers welcome

that girl in the middle of the picture on the link has quite a set of nashers on her; either that or she's wearing a gumshield, which come to think of it in an irish bar could be the case....
Old Nov 18th 2008, 2:45 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 20th November 2008 - Newcomers welcome

Hey Nathan
i keep forgetting where your birhtday party is. Really looking forward to PJ O'Briens.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 3:54 am
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
Hey Nathan
i keep forgetting where your birhtday party is. Really looking forward to PJ O'Briens.
it's only at the best pub in Sydney...

I will be out this Thurs, i am having a break from furniture buying this week.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 4:08 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vix77

That being the East Sydney Hotel in Wooloomooloo...

I envy you Pet - I wish I could take a break from house ownership this week - and I've only had the keys a fortnight!

S
Old Nov 18th 2008, 4:36 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
That being the East Sydney Hotel in Wooloomooloo...

I envy you Pet - I wish I could take a break from house ownership this week - and I've only had the keys a fortnight!

S
Hmm, I googled 'only at the best pub in Sydney' and it wasnt on the list.

http://www.eatability.com.au/au/sydn...bs_overall.htm
Old Nov 18th 2008, 4:45 am
has lost The Game

Hmm, I googled 'only at the best pub in Sydney' and it wasnt on the list.

http://www.eatability.com.au/au/sydn...bs_overall.htm

Ah, they probably don't figure on Eatability because they don't do food.

We like it for a number of reasons - It has the feel of a proper East End boozer - wooden floors, proper bar and is open late. They also don't have a single pokie machine, a half arsed betting shop or 20 huge plasma screens showing the same chariot race from Wentworth Park.

But the best feature is the dartboard.

So in summary, it's a proper pub, aimed at people who enjoy drinking and playing pub games, not people who want poncy food and then to spaz their kid's inheritance in the pokie lounge.

S

Edit: I forgot to say, that on Saturday, I have arranged for an Irish stew to be available to those who want it, but if that's not to your taste, then they are quite happy for you to order a pizza from the shop across the road.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 4:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Ah, they probably don't figure on Eatability because they don't do food.

We like it for a number of reasons - It has the feel of a proper East End boozer - wooden floors, proper bar and is open late. They also don't have a single pokie machine, a half arsed betting shop or 20 huge plasma screens showing the same chariot race from Wentworth Park.

But the best feature is the dartboard.

So in summary, it's a proper pub, aimed at people who enjoy drinking and playing pub games, not people who want poncy food and then to spaz their kid's inheritance in the pokie lounge.

S

Edit: I forgot to say, that on Saturday, I have arranged for an Irish stew to be available to those who want it, but if that's not to your taste, then they are quite happy for you to order a pizza from the shop across the road.
Does it have skin heads and proper football hooligan fights as well? I saw ID, I know how it goes down.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 4:53 am
has lost The Game

Does it have skin heads and proper football hooligan fights as well? I saw ID, I know how it goes down.

Nah - It's more Gene Hunt...

S
Old Nov 18th 2008, 6:51 am

kitt is an unknown quantity at this point

So PJ O'Briens this week eh. Quite a good choice if I may say so - gets lively later on I gather. Also the locations not half bad. See you there...
Old Nov 18th 2008, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

Phipsons is an unknown quantity at this point

Our furniture was delivered today (yay), but boxes are now blocking every exit from the flat including windows (boo)....hope to tunnel our way out by Thursday...
Old Nov 18th 2008, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

briwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nice

We'll be there - hopefully on time this week!
Old Nov 18th 2008, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

sharonm5 will become famous soon enoughsharonm5 will become famous soon enough

cant do this week unfortunately, although fab choice of pub. Warning though - I always find the wine dodgy here if you buy by glass...therefore I encourage purchasing a bottle!
Old Nov 18th 2008, 10:50 pm
Forum Regular

kaza is on a distinguished road

I stopped sending replys to say I'm not coming but will defo make it out again in the future.. always have a gander to see what antics you have been up to!!

have a look at this though, something different - http://www.mckennaairbar.com.au
Old Nov 19th 2008, 8:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Bats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by vix77

Hi am hoping to make it especially as PJ's is a favourite of mine but it might get curtailed by 007! Vix, don't worry about bringing the cake tin - I have another and as I'm not 100% certain to be there I don't want you to drag it in for no reason. Hope to see you all tomorrow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.