Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 19th March - All welcome

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 19th March - All welcome

Old Mar 17th 2009, 6:23 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 19th March - All welcome

Hi folks,

Another week, and another drinking venue for Thursday evening is required.

This week I thought we should head back to The Glenmore in The Rocks - If the weather is nice, we can sit on the terrace and observe the goings on at Circular Quay.

The Glenmore

I will endeavour to book a table for us, so that we have somewhere to sit.

I believe that this will be PompeyBlonde's first evening out as a proper Sydney sider, not just a wannabe, so we should at least have a couple of welcoming drinks for her!

Who's in?

S
Old Mar 17th 2009, 9:43 am
Just Joined

scouse in sydney is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 19th March - All welcome

Hey i'm new to the site and just seen your post

ive been in sydney since oct 08 and would love to meet some new people.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Hi folks,

Another week, and another drinking venue for Thursday evening is required.

This week I thought we should head back to The Glenmore in The Rocks - If the weather is nice, we can sit on the terrace and observe the goings on at Circular Quay.

The Glenmore

I will endeavour to book a table for us, so that we have somewhere to sit.

I believe that this will be PompeyBlonde's first evening out as a proper Sydney sider, not just a wannabe, so we should at least have a couple of welcoming drinks for her!

Who's in?

S
I might show my face as it's my birthday on Friday - although I've more or less given up counting these days!!!
Old Mar 17th 2009, 9:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bats1
I might show my face as it's my birthday on Friday - although I've more or less given up counting these days!!!
Happy birthday, you dont look a day over 21.

I will be showing up on Thursday. Feels like ages since I've been. Although I've had dentist appointments for the past while. See you all there.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 11:14 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scouse in sydney
Hey i'm new to the site and just seen your post

ive been in sydney since oct 08 and would love to meet some new people.

Feel free to come along - If you drop me a Private Message, I will send you a contact number so you can locate us on the night.

S
Old Mar 18th 2009, 6:43 am
Ooh my gout...

IndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to all

Yes Sir. Here Sir. Count me in etc.!
I WILL make it tomorrow....
Old Mar 18th 2009, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

kicking_k is an unknown quantity at this point

hi

myself and hubbie came last week (was our first meet up) i think hubbie might pop down again for a few bevvies!!

k
x
Old Mar 18th 2009, 9:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Is it the old'ish style pub with a bar right on the roof top? We are going to the opera house for a concert at 8PM and so would like to call in.
Old Mar 18th 2009, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

Phipsons is an unknown quantity at this point

I will try to make it, as I haven't managed to get there in ages.
Glenmore was our first ever 'meet' all those months ago, so will be funny to be back in the place where I originally asked for a pint and in return was greeted by a (very) blank expression.

Swerv-o are you bringing your parents? Looking forward to excruciating stories of how you used to play with Barbie/Ken and an imaginary pony...
Old Mar 18th 2009, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Phipsons
Glenmore was our first ever 'meet' all those months ago, so will be funny to be back in the place where I originally asked for a pint and in return was greeted by a (very) blank expression.

Swerv-o are you bringing your parents? Looking forward to excruciating stories of how you used to play with Barbie/Ken and an imaginary pony...
You mean the Pony isn't real ?.... oh no, after all this time .... I am distraught!
Old Mar 18th 2009, 10:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

hello... i am going to show my face this week, i still have friends staying with me so I will bring them along with me to add to the numbers....
Old Mar 18th 2009, 10:43 pm
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by Red_V_Roger
Is it the old'ish style pub with a bar right on the roof top? We are going to the opera house for a concert at 8PM and so would like to call in.

Yup, that's the one - Drop me a PM and I will forward you a contact number so you can locate us.

So the wiles of the big city have finally enticed you from the comfort of The Shire...?

Originally Posted by Phipsons

Yes, parents will be in attendance, so best behaviour and no swearing...

Originally Posted by vix77
hello... i am going to show my face this week, i still have friends staying with me so I will bring them along with me to add to the numbers....

Yup, me too. I also have some mail for you V, so I will bring that along too.

S
Old Mar 19th 2009, 12:36 am
BE Enthusiast

briwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nice

Have one for me - although as I am most virtuous person alive (this week) and still off the beer - on holiday no less - best make it a soda water.

And if someone could tape the imaginary pony conversation for me so I don't miss out that would be good - though the whole 'not real' aspect would explain why both me and swerve are still confused as to what a bloody pony actually is!

See you all next week - and happy bday Bats.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 1:57 am
Ooh my gout...

IndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to all

Originally Posted by briwi
Have one for me - although as I am most virtuous person alive (this week) and still off the beer - on holiday no less - best make it a soda water.

And if someone could tape the imaginary pony conversation for me so I don't miss out that would be good - though the whole 'not real' aspect would explain why both me and swerve are still confused as to what a bloody pony actually is!

See you all next week - and happy bday Bats.
Pony = Wee Hoss

As for the imaginary part, i think that squared is -1 or something...

Just trying to help.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 2:11 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by IndigoFoot
Pony = Wee Hoss

As for the imaginary part, i think that squared is -1 or something...

Just trying to help.

Isn't that j?

S

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.