Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 18th September 2008 - Newcomers welcome

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 18th September 2008 - Newcomers welcome

Old Sep 15th 2008, 4:35 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 18th September 2008 - Newcomers welcome

Well, these Thursday night meets are really turning into something - if only for our continual frustration at the inability of any bar staff to reserve an area for 15 odd people!

So apologies if anybody came last week to find we had left - the bar had stopped serving food, so we had to go and hunt some down ourselves. Hopefully this week will be a shining beacon in the world of reserving somewhere to eat and drink.

As the letter this week is G, we thought it may be fun to try out The Glenmore in The Rocks. I don't think that we have been here for a Thursday night at all, so it will be a new one for us all. They do have a great rooftop balcony with fantastic views over the harbour and city, so don't forget your camera.

The Glenmore

Vix has booked us a table on the rooftop, from 6:30 under the name of Vicky. The person we booked with was called Eva, so we know who to blame if it all goes horribly wrong!

Hope to see you on Thursday,

S
Old Sep 15th 2008, 5:24 am
Forum Regular

gelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nice
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 18th September 2008 - Newcomers welcome

Yep walked up to the Observer, realised the Observer wasn't the Fortune of War but the polite bouncer pointed us to the FOW. Got to the Fortune of War had couple of beers no one there. Phoned swevo who said they were all the Observer. Went back there, bouncer less polite and told us to do one as we were intoxicated (we werent), went to Orient and James and I got nicely steamed.

I haven't looked @ the rocks in the same way since the Ghost Tour, bad things happehn there
Old Sep 15th 2008, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

Essex Neil is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 18th September 2008 - Newcomers welcome

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Well, these Thursday night meets are really turning into something - if only for our continual frustration at the inability of any bar staff to reserve an area for 15 odd people!

So apologies if anybody came last week to find we had left - the bar had stopped serving food, so we had to go and hunt some down ourselves. Hopefully this week will be a shining beacon in the world of reserving somewhere to eat and drink.

As the letter this week is G, we thought it may be fun to try out The Glenmore in The Rocks. I don't think that we have been here for a Thursday night at all, so it will be a new one for us all. They do have a great rooftop balcony with fantastic views over the harbour and city, so don't forget your camera.

The Glenmore

Vix has booked us a table on the rooftop, from 6:30 under the name of Vicky. The person we booked with was called Eva, so we know who to blame if it all goes horribly wrong!

Hope to see you on Thursday,

S
Hi

Hopefully I'm in control of y own destiny this week and not visiting customers.

Looking forward to Feasting my eyes on the views.....

Cheers

Neil
Old Sep 16th 2008, 5:30 am
Glasgow

Phillips007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sadly won't make this week either, looking after a show which records on Thursday nights - damn! Hopefully the other Production Manager will be back by next Thursday and I can make it out!
Scottish Sharon
x
Old Sep 16th 2008, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

sharonm5 will become famous soon enoughsharonm5 will become famous soon enough

sorry chaps, I am flying out to Perth this weekend so have to prepare... I shall give you yet another week break Will be there for 3 weeks or so, but will definately give you the low down on it when I get back
Old Sep 17th 2008, 1:29 am
Forum Regular

Bonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by gelectrox
Yep walked up to the Observer, realised the Observer wasn't the Fortune of War but the polite bouncer pointed us to the FOW. Got to the Fortune of War had couple of beers no one there. Phoned swevo who said they were all the Observer. Went back there, bouncer less polite and told us to do one as we were intoxicated (we werent), went to Orient and James and I got nicely steamed.

I haven't looked @ the rocks in the same way since the Ghost Tour, bad things happehn there
you sound as organised as the tottenham defence.

should be about this week for a good winge about austalian barstaff and their ineptitudes. can we confirm if eva is actually working on thurs? would hate to turn up ready to stamp my feet in a pique of anger only to be told its her night off!
Old Sep 17th 2008, 2:27 am
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bonch
you sound as organised as the tottenham defence.

should be about this week for a good winge about austalian barstaff and their ineptitudes. can we confirm if eva is actually working on thurs? would hate to turn up ready to stamp my feet in a pique of anger only to be told its her night off!
My new plan of attack is to phone on Thurs to confirm they have any/some knowledge of the booking and that they do food rather than just pretend on the website that they do.... I will force some kind of competence out of them! or is that an impossible task?
Old Sep 17th 2008, 3:59 am
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by vix77
My new plan of attack is to phone on Thurs to confirm they have any/some knowledge of the booking and that they do food rather than just pretend on the website that they do.... I will force some kind of competence out of them! or is that an impossible task?
seems like we may have a competence winner with this pub - they actually had the foresight to call me to confirm the booking.... wonders will never cease.... then again, they still have over 24 hours to mess it up. its so exciting!
Old Sep 17th 2008, 6:02 am
BE Enthusiast

seems like we may have a competence winner with this pub - they actually had the foresight to call me to confirm the booking.... wonders will never cease.... then again, they still have over 24 hours to mess it up. its so exciting!
and now they have just sent me an email to confirm the booking....
Old Sep 17th 2008, 6:03 am
BE Enthusiast

and now they have just sent me an email to confirm the booking....
I take it all back... the confirmation is for tonight!
Old Sep 17th 2008, 6:05 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

:curse:

<Bangs head against wall continually...>

S
Old Sep 17th 2008, 9:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Bats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura about

So, Wednesday is the new Thursday then? It beggars belief really ... or maybe not!
Old Sep 17th 2008, 9:22 am
Just Joined

The_Moon is an unknown quantity at this point

Well it is looking like it is all going wrong again.

I may not be there this week either as work has gone kaboom!

If I can be I will be. So better get back to it.
Old Sep 17th 2008, 10:29 am
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The_Moon
Well it is looking like it is all going wrong again.
'cause you keep picking poncy places that really dont give a flying fluck about service. Personally got fed up with the whole malarky of shitty barmaids begrudgingly providing me with insipid overpriced beer.
Old Sep 17th 2008, 11:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Bats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by ex_exile
'cause you keep picking poncy places that really dont give a flying fluck about service. Personally got fed up with the whole malarky of shitty barmaids begrudgingly providing me with insipid overpriced beer.
errrr, tetchy! If you want your Marmite you'll be there!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.