Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 10th April - All welcome

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 10th April - All welcome

Old Apr 8th 2009, 12:22 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 10th April - All welcome

Well, the long Easter weekend looms on the horizon, and we need to make the most of it as we are getting nothing off for Anzac day.

So what better than to kick off with an extended session on Thursday night, with all of Friday to recover in? I suggest we head to The Metropolitan Hotel, above McDonalds, on the corner of Bridge and George streets:

The Metropolitan Hotel

Nice and central for the city folk, and offering a good range of beers, food and a nice rooftop terrace. The perfect way to kick off a long weekend!

S

Ps: For any folk who are new to Sydney, or this is their first Easter here - be warned that just about EVERYTHING is shut on Good Friday, including the pubs!
Old Apr 8th 2009, 4:51 am
BE Enthusiast

briwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nice
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 10th April - All welcome

Except, it seems, the one at the end of my road which has the most wonderful 'open midday-10pm Good Friday' sign outside it. I nearly kissed the door - so, as I therefore have the ability to consume hair of the dog at midday if required, consider me in!
Old Apr 8th 2009, 5:17 am
Just Joined

freshofftheboat is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello myself and the fiance are new to sydney and looking to meet people
what time are you meeting up at and how do we know whos who!!
Old Apr 8th 2009, 6:06 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by freshofftheboat
Hello myself and the fiance are new to sydney and looking to meet people
what time are you meeting up at and how do we know whos who!!

Hello FOTB,

We usually meet up around 6:30, then have some drinks, a bite to eat, and then some more drinks.

If you drop me a Private Message, I will send you a contact number so that you can find where we are. I imagine we will meet in the first floor bar and then move upstairs later on if we feel like it.

Originally Posted by briwi
Except, it seems, the one at the end of my road which has the most wonderful 'open midday-10pm Good Friday' sign outside it. I nearly kissed the door - so, as I therefore have the ability to consume hair of the dog at midday if required, consider me in!

Great that you have found a pub open on GF. I recall my first GF here - the utter disappointment that I could'nt spend my public holiday drinking was unbelievable! Plus the fact I had bought no food in - I nearly starved that day...

S
Old Apr 8th 2009, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

And Van Isla is on a distinguished road

The wife and I are keen on meeting you guys tonight as well.

Any chance I can get a mobile number. This way we dont go through the embarresment of going round the bar asking anyone and everyone "are you form the British expats website?" :embaressed_smile:
Old Apr 9th 2009, 1:06 am
Forum Regular

dmpp will become famous soon enough

Will be there tonight. We got caught up in this archaic law in Brisbane, they wouldn’t serve beer until midnight I'm surprised that they don't ban selling bread and fish.
Old Apr 9th 2009, 1:49 am
Ooh my gout...

IndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to all

Originally Posted by And Van Isla
The wife and I are keen on meeting you guys tonight as well.

Any chance I can get a mobile number. This way we dont go through the embarresment of going round the bar asking anyone and everyone "are you form the British expats website?" :embaressed_smile:
Lol, you can't beat walking up to strangers in a bar and asking "Are you those people off the internet?", then realising this makes you sound like:

a) Geek/Nerd - Fan of some Sci-Fi series
b) Cult Member
c) Swinger

Old Apr 9th 2009, 1:50 am
BE Enthusiast

briwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nice

Re Loaves and fishes - they're alright - it's the water you can turn into wine!
Old Apr 9th 2009, 1:52 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by briwi
Re Loaves and fishes - they're alright - it's the water you can turn into wine!

That's a lame trick anybody can turn water into wine with judicious application of grapes, yeast and sugar...

S
Old Apr 9th 2009, 2:47 am
Forum Regular

And Van Isla is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by IndigoFoot
Lol, you can't beat walking up to strangers in a bar and asking "Are you those people off the internet?", then realising this makes you sound like:

a) Geek/Nerd - Fan of some Sci-Fi series
b) Cult Member
c) Swinger

My point exactly

And who knows, maybe the interent sci-fi swingers cult are meeting in the same bar!!
Old Apr 9th 2009, 2:49 am
Just Joined

dinh van is an unknown quantity at this point

It's been a while, but now that V Festival is over I can come out to play - I'll be along for a few drinks tonight. See you there. D.
Old Apr 9th 2009, 3:03 am
Ooh my gout...

IndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to all

Originally Posted by And Van Isla
My point exactly

And who knows, maybe the interent sci-fi swingers cult are meeting in the same bar!!
Sorry. Swerv-O tells me they meet on Wednesdays....
Old Apr 9th 2009, 4:02 am
Forum Regular

Bootch is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds good to me, Laura and I will be in attendance later........ no work tomorrow so can drink a little more!!!
Old Apr 15th 2009, 12:54 am
has lost The Game

Hi guys, here's the link for this week's thread:

The Link

S