Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 06/03/08

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 06/03/08

Old Mar 5th 2008, 9:48 pm
Just Joined

d004x5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 06/03/08

Ah good, so it wasn't just me. I didn't end up getting there until nearer 8 and couldn't see any sign of anyone. If not too bizarre, I'm need of a good drink and one would be more than welcome tomorrow night. I work on the corner of pitt/bridge so, the rocks would be convenient. Do you fancy?
Old Mar 5th 2008, 10:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 06/03/08

Originally Posted by d004x5
Ah good, so it wasn't just me. I didn't end up getting there until nearer 8 and couldn't see any sign of anyone. If not too bizarre, I'm need of a good drink and one would be more than welcome tomorrow night. I work on the corner of pitt/bridge so, the rocks would be convenient. Do you fancy?
Well, coincindentally, I work at Macquarie Place so about 100 yards from you! I'm going to the rugby tomorrow night but am going to have a quick bevy beforehand. Do you know where the Herringone Shop is on Macquarie Place? I work above it so could meet outside about 5pm and wander down to Circ Quay for a drink and meet with my mate. We're catching the bus up to SFS from CQ and there's an open air bar in the square in front of (or behind?!) the Quay. Let me know - I'll check this again tomorrow
Old Mar 6th 2008, 7:49 am
Just Joined

d004x5 is an unknown quantity at this point

I know that one. Seeing as I'm in work now, I'd hope i'd be out by 5pm. I'll let know nearer lunch. Send me an email if you like.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

toddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nice

Hi Bats, really sorry about that, we spent the night wondering if you had come or not. We also spent the night talking about the size of our expats calling cards on the table. As for the place, it was a bit shocking and i am not sure i would want to be there alone either.
Next week WILL be circular quay/rocks area and we will come up with a fool proof plan for spotting us.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 9:39 am
Ooh my gout...

IndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to all

Yeah, the place was a bit grim. But nice of Phil Spector to drop in....
How weird was that man?
Old Mar 6th 2008, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

toddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nice

well at least he had jesus
Old Mar 6th 2008, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

MissyMoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by IndigoFoot
Yeah, the place was a bit grim. But nice of Phil Spector to drop in....
How weird was that man?
I think he was trying to look like Jesus, not much else could explain that hair!
He was an odd one. I had to pretend that Doctor Phil was my husband just so he would leave me alone, although I did later overhear him say to Vix "don't worry, I'm not a stalker" ummmm..... is it just me or does that not just scream "WEIRDO!!!"
Old Mar 6th 2008, 10:05 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MissyMoo
I think he was trying to look like Jesus, not much else could explain that hair!
He was an odd one. I had to pretend that Doctor Phil was my husband just so he would leave me alone, although I did later overhear him say to Vix "don't worry, I'm not a stalker" ummmm..... is it just me or does that not just scream "WEIRDO!!!"

Well, I would like to be the first to apologise for the choice of that pub. What a grim hole it was. The only shining light was the fact that the steak was only $7. Oh, and Phil Spector...

It appears that the calling cards really aren't working as a means of identification. Maybe it's time to dig out my extensive supply of outrageous shirts? We definitely need to come up with something foolproof, and I think we could do with deciding on the bar a bit earlier in the week. I will attempt to post the thread for the next week at the tail end of the previous week, to give more people time to join in.

I think there are a couple of pubs yet to do in The Rocks, so maybe we could concentrate on them over the coming weeks.

Briwi suggested the Observer, and Todd the Bavarian Beer place. That's your starter for 10...

S
Old Mar 6th 2008, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Well, I would like to be the first to apologise for the choice of that pub. What a grim hole it was. The only shining light was the fact that the steak was only $7. Oh, and Phil Spector...

It appears that the calling cards really aren't working as a means of identification. Maybe it's time to dig out my extensive supply of outrageous shirts? We definitely need to come up with something foolproof, and I think we could do with deciding on the bar a bit earlier in the week. I will attempt to post the thread for the next week at the tail end of the previous week, to give more people time to join in.

I think there are a couple of pubs yet to do in The Rocks, so maybe we could concentrate on them over the coming weeks.

Briwi suggested the Observer, and Todd the Bavarian Beer place. That's your starter for 10...

S
I quite like the Bavarian beer place - never been to the Observer (or if I have I must have been too drunk to remember!).
Old Mar 6th 2008, 2:12 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bats1
I quite like the Bavarian beer place - never been to the Observer (or if I have I must have been too drunk to remember!).

Hi all,

I've started a new thread here, but watch out as I have managed to get the date wrong...

S
Old Mar 6th 2008, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

gelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nice

I think for snce and all its been proven:stop going to dives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!