Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD drinks Thursday 26th July

Sydney CBD drinks Thursday 26th July

Old Jul 25th 2012, 4:30 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney CBD drinks Thursday 26th July

Hey Folks,

Sorry for the delay - it's been a busy week strangely! This week, I've had a request for The Criterion on the corner of Pitt and Park Streets:

The Criterion Hotel

This used to be a bit of a dive, but has recently been taken over by PJ Gallaghers, and has had a bit of a cheeky facelift, so we should go and see what they have done to it.

Anybody else up for it?

S
Old Jul 25th 2012, 5:33 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney CBD drinks Thursday 25th July

Happy Hour...

Mon to Fri 5pm - 7pm Sat 4pm - 6pm

$4 Schooners of Local Beer | $4 Gallagher's Wines
Old Jul 25th 2012, 11:46 pm
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney CBD drinks Thursday 26th July

I am in the city today so will probably go for a cheeky couple, will be there by 6pm if not earlier.
Old Jul 26th 2012, 6:05 am
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by paddyo
I am in the city today so will probably go for a cheeky couple, will be there by 6pm if not earlier.
I will be out.....
Old Jul 26th 2012, 6:18 am
Forum Regular

Happiya is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll be there by 6!
Old Jul 26th 2012, 6:49 am
Just Joined

Katy2012 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry unable to attend tonight, have a good one, see you next week
Old Jul 26th 2012, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

Big Man is a name known to allBig Man is a name known to allBig Man is a name known to allBig Man is a name known to allBig Man is a name known to allBig Man is a name known to allBig Man is a name known to allBig Man is a name known to allBig Man is a name known to allBig Man is a name known to allBig Man is a name known to all

Great pub, Guinness for $5 a pint, we need never go anywhere else!
Old Jul 26th 2012, 2:59 pm
Social Grenade Thrower

yeah.....it was suprisingly a good little joint....and the pub was nice too!
Old Jul 30th 2012, 11:23 pm
Just Joined

Connell_UK2Syd is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

We're (myself and girlfriend Amy) two weeks from moving to Sydney. Would love to hear more about the drinks your organise and how to get involved.

Judging from the last thread I'm also soon to learn that $5 for a beer is cheap aren't I?

Paul
Old Jul 31st 2012, 12:35 am
Social Grenade Thrower

Originally Posted by Connell_UK2Syd
Hi all,

We're (myself and girlfriend Amy) two weeks from moving to Sydney. Would love to hear more about the drinks your organise and how to get involved.

Judging from the last thread I'm also soon to learn that $5 for a beer is cheap aren't I?

Paul
Hi Paul, for a pint you can expect to pay between $7-10.
Old Jul 31st 2012, 1:17 am
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Paul
Yes. And you'll pay a lot more for wine as well unless you get cleanskins. We drive up to the vineyards sometimes and get deals at the cellar doors.
Old Jul 31st 2012, 6:32 am
BE Enthusiast

markbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by paddyo
Hi Paul, for a pint you can expect to pay between $7-10.
Or $4 a pint at the Wynyard hotel on Thursday from 5pm.
Old Jul 31st 2012, 6:37 am
BE Enthusiast

markbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura about

Hi all,

Paul
You will earn twice a UK salary for the same job so it's not much different if you work out the price of beer to your hourly rate
Old Jul 31st 2012, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

Happiya is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by markbhx
You will earn twice a UK salary for the same job so it's not much different if you work out the price of beer to your hourly rate
Marks's right if you have a London salary living in Birmingham. However i think taking into account sydney salaries, standard of living, etc that it is probably the same as paying GBP4 for a pint in London
Old Aug 1st 2012, 4:02 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Hey folks,

This weeks drinks thread is here!

S