Sydney Busses

Old Oct 30th 2010, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

AndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really nice
Default Sydney Busses

Going to be working in Chatswood and probably looking for a house in Northern Beaches.

Can someone give me an indication of bus journey time from Mona Vale to Chatswood please, just as a guide?

My serach for bus timetables has proved futile!
Old Oct 30th 2010, 7:04 am
Just Joined

greenpea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sydney Busses

131500.com.au is a fantastic site which will tell you bus times, frequencies etc - just put in your start address and final address and the time you want to travel at.
Old Oct 30th 2010, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

AndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really nice

many thanks.....isn't this site helpful?
Old Oct 30th 2010, 8:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I think you have asked this question before. I am sure I have answered it before. I live in the Northern Beaches and have not seen any buses going to Chatswood. They just do not run that way.

I use the Sydney buses website and a journey from Collaroy (as a random place in Northern Beaches) to Chatswoos would take well over an hour by bus, that is not because it is a long way, because it definitely isn't, this just is not a journey that you can make by bus.

If you are working in Chatswood and want to live in Northern Beaches, them you need to drive to work.
Old Oct 30th 2010, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

Yes, but not specifically about journey lengths. Since our last posting we have found a bus route map which indicates a number of buses direct between Chatswood and areas of Northern Beaches.

And, what an excellent memory you have Bermuda Shorts! lol
Old Oct 30th 2010, 8:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AndrewMarilyn
Yes, but not specifically about journey lengths. Since our last posting we have found a bus route map which indicates a number of buses direct between Chatswood and areas of Northern Beaches.

And, what an excellent memory you have Bermuda Shorts! lol
You have? What bus is it?
Old Oct 30th 2010, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

Sydney Buses L60 runs Mona Vale to Chatswood, calling at loads of places
Also nos 136,137 from Manly, heads via Curl Curl and Beacon Hill to Chatswood

There are also Forest Coach Lines 277, 280, 278

map on 131500.com.au
Old Oct 30th 2010, 9:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well I'm still only seeing journeys of an 80 mins or so.

But no matter, if you already know better and know what bus you need to get why the question ... just check the timetable.
Old Oct 30th 2010, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

?

Wrong side of bed?
Old Oct 30th 2010, 10:38 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

?

Wrong side of bed?
Wouldn't have said so, she posted at 7pm. However you do appear to have answered your own question.
Old Oct 30th 2010, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

soz....thanks for help
Old Oct 30th 2010, 11:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Sydney Buses L60 runs Mona Vale to Chatswood, calling at loads of places
Also nos 136,137 from Manly, heads via Curl Curl and Beacon Hill to Chatswood

There are also Forest Coach Lines 277, 280, 278

map on 131500.com.au
I lived on the beaches for half of my 20yrs in Oz.

Whilst it looks like that on paper, unless things have changed drastically it's a bit of different story in reality. Check the frequency of those buses you've quoted, also Manly, Curl and Beacon hill are not the places I think of when talking Nthn Beaches. Those areas may be completely your cup of tea but in general the nicer beaches (nth of Dee Why) are not well served by buses going to Chatswood as they almost all go over the Spit or take a route that is completely 'around the houses.

It's not impossible, but not desirable.

Last edited by Tr1boy; Oct 30th 2010 at 12:43 pm.
Old Oct 30th 2010, 12:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

gelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud of

I lived in Chatswood for many years and I remember taking buses to the Northern beaches on occasion and they took HOURS. They run infrequently, go at a snail's pace and stop everywhere. Unfortunately the Northern Beaches are very badly served with public transport. If you're working in Chatswood, why not live somewhere on the North Shore?
Old Oct 30th 2010, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks everyone....yes it looks like on paper it's possible, but in reality not the best of plans! That was the purpose of the thread....to get a real feel from people on the ground rather than trying to interpret timetables.

Andrew
Old Nov 1st 2010, 12:41 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

What about Bus to Gordon and then down on the train to Chatswood or Car early in morning to Gordon and then down on train. I bought in St Ives based on the fact I worked in Chatswood and used the buses and train regulalry. To Chatswood this was a 35 mins journey if I timed it right on the connections. Add another 20/25 mins from Mona Vala and it could be a 60 min journey.

You could also consider Car to Terry Hills pick up bus and then train! but defintely talking 80 mins then

I do St Ives - Gordon by Car and then onto City, you would add another comute from St Ives to Mona Vale and think this is a busy route but could be worth looking at. This journey takes an hour for me into city now. There is a direct bus from Door to City and is great in morning talking an hour but crap service in the evening getting home so I usually catch the train and get a lif or bus back from station.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.