Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney bound 5th August

Sydney bound 5th August

Old Aug 2nd 2006, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

shonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant future
Default Sydney bound 5th August

Well we are nearly there! Had leaving do last night which went very well, although a little emotional towards the end when the alcohol had kicked in! Boxes are now almost packed, being sent via Anglo-Pacific, flights booked with Malaysia Airlines and accommodation arranged for when we arrive at The Entrance. I have to say that it has been a rocky road at times but I am hoping that there is light at the end of the tunnel!

Good luck to everybody else in their visa applications and we will hopefully see you there. I will post again when we are settled and let you know if there is a crock of gold at the end of the rainbow!
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

paulaljones has a spectacular aura aboutpaulaljones has a spectacular aura aboutpaulaljones has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Sydney bound 5th August

Originally Posted by shonalouise
Well we are nearly there! Had leaving do last night which went very well, although a little emotional towards the end when the alcohol had kicked in! Boxes are now almost packed, being sent via Anglo-Pacific, flights booked with Malaysia Airlines and accommodation arranged for when we arrive at The Entrance. I have to say that it has been a rocky road at times but I am hoping that there is light at the end of the tunnel!

Good luck to everybody else in their visa applications and we will hopefully see you there. I will post again when we are settled and let you know if there is a crock of gold at the end of the rainbow!

We're heading to the same area as you. Arrive on 10 Sept. Sister lives in Bateau Bay so are looking for short term rentals as the moment. Will sort our long term once we arrive. You've arranged accomodation at The Entrance. How long for and if you don't mind me asking how much is it costing you? Who have you booked it with? Are searching via realestate.com and will probably contact them late one evening.
Would appreciate some help.

All the best with your arrangements.

Paula
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

shonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant future

We have booked directly with Paradise Park Cabins which is right on the coast at The Entrance. Splashed out for Villa/Spa which has a balcony with BBQ and double spa bath $480 per week, only for 2 weeks though! Booked car hire with Thrifty for 1 week at Wyong (hoping it is near to train station!). There seem to be plenty of similar coastal holiday resorts and being off-peak they are reasonably priced and available.

Their website is www.paradisepark.com.au

Good luck with your travel arrangements, we will let you know how we get on.

Shona and Matthew
Old Aug 4th 2006, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

paulaljones has a spectacular aura aboutpaulaljones has a spectacular aura aboutpaulaljones has a spectacular aura about

We have booked directly with Paradise Park Cabins which is right on the coast at The Entrance. Splashed out for Villa/Spa which has a balcony with BBQ and double spa bath $480 per week, only for 2 weeks though! Booked car hire with Thrifty for 1 week at Wyong (hoping it is near to train station!). There seem to be plenty of similar coastal holiday resorts and being off-peak they are reasonably priced and available.

Their website is www.paradisepark.com.au

Good luck with your travel arrangements, we will let you know how we get on.

Shona and Matthew
Thanks for that. Had a look and it looks ideal. Will speak to OH. We plan to stay for 3 weeks, allowing us time to find a long term rental.
Where do you plan to live and work?
Old Aug 4th 2006, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

Not 100% sure yet as I have the choice of working at 3 hospitals; Gosford, Wyong or Woy Woy. Having a meeting when I arrive and we can then look at where we would like to rent. Think the lake looks lovely and quite fancy Long Jetty, Berkely Vale and Gorokan although what these places will be like when you are actually living in them is another story! We are hoping to do plenty of research and driving around (day and night!) and get a good idea of what's what.

Best of luck with your own plans. I will post again when we have arrived, flying down to Heathrow from Manchester tonight, stopping overnight in hotel and conecting flight to Sydney via Kuala Lumpar leaves Saturday. Not looking forward to the goodbyes at the airport, will be glad when they're over!

Take care

Matthew and Shona
Old Aug 4th 2006, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

stardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of light

Good luck with everything my husband is quite keen on working at Wyong hospital so would be grateful if you let us know your opinion

Not 100% sure yet as I have the choice of working at 3 hospitals; Gosford, Wyong or Woy Woy. Having a meeting when I arrive and we can then look at where we would like to rent. Think the lake looks lovely and quite fancy Long Jetty, Berkely Vale and Gorokan although what these places will be like when you are actually living in them is another story! We are hoping to do plenty of research and driving around (day and night!) and get a good idea of what's what.

Best of luck with your own plans. I will post again when we have arrived, flying down to Heathrow from Manchester tonight, stopping overnight in hotel and conecting flight to Sydney via Kuala Lumpar leaves Saturday. Not looking forward to the goodbyes at the airport, will be glad when they're over!

Take care

Matthew and Shona
Old Aug 4th 2006, 11:39 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Take care

Matthew and Shona
I work at Gosford Hospital so maybe we'll bump into each other, let me know.

Jo
Old Aug 4th 2006, 11:41 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stardust
Good luck with everything my husband is quite keen on working at Wyong hospital so would be grateful if you let us know your opinion
We have a department in Wyong also, it is on its own outside of town and nowhere near a the train station I believe, looks nice and has been updated recently with a new A&E. Only driven past it mind you.

Live by Woy Woy and the hospital there is very small and would be one hell of a trek from the The Entrance each day.

Jo

Last edited by joho; Aug 4th 2006 at 11:43 am.
Old Aug 4th 2006, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Gibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond repute

Don't think that The Entrance to Woy Woy is a "hell of a trek."
Old Aug 4th 2006, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Gibbo
Don't think that The Entrance to Woy Woy is a "hell of a trek."
I would say at least 45-60 mins each way. Maybe my idea of a trek isn't the same as yours

Jo
Old Aug 4th 2006, 12:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

Good luck with everything.