Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney big houses, suburbs

Sydney big houses, suburbs

Old Aug 23rd 2011, 3:53 am
Forum Regular

punoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to all
Default Sydney big houses, suburbs

Hello
Can anyone help me in Sydney. Have decided to share a house with a freind. We are looking for 6Bed house for 1050$pw......all the suburbs I am looking in cant find any big houses. Do you know of the areas where there are big houses and is a decent area? Preferrable not more than 40min from cbd.

Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 10:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney big houses, suburbs

I think 6 bedrooms, good area, 40 mins from CBD and $1050 per week seems very optimistic.

A 3-bed, decent area and 40 minute from CBD could easily cost this in Sydney.
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 10:48 am
BE Enthusiast

saveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to behold

I did a search on domain.com.au

http://www.domain.com.au/Search/rent...rchterm=sydney

Came up with a few properties - do a similar search but you might have to compromise.

On another search I found a 7 bed terrace in Darlinghurst for $880 a week.
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

steen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by saveme

Came up with a few properties - do a similar search but you might have to compromise.

I dread to think how utterly minging that will be
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

punoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to all

Thanks!
Old Aug 24th 2011, 2:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Jacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud of

Hi Punoo

You'll really need to check out newer suburbs about 50-60 mins from the city for that budget and compromise with 5 beds methinks. Try the Hills districts and also the Hornsby line suburbs if you want the train.

Examples:

http://www.realestate.com.au/propert...rook-404744004

http://www.realestate.com.au/propert...eigh-405356839

Good luck!
Old Aug 24th 2011, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

shussel is just really niceshussel is just really niceshussel is just really niceshussel is just really niceshussel is just really niceshussel is just really niceshussel is just really niceshussel is just really niceshussel is just really niceshussel is just really niceshussel is just really nice

You could check out Matraville (supposedly up and coming but still cheaper than surrounding areas). Chifley is another suburb in the vicinity.
http://www.domain.com.au/Property/Fo.../?adid=7162534
I expect a bus to the CBD would take about 45 mins.
Old Aug 24th 2011, 9:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

saveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by steen1976
I dread to think how utterly minging that will be
God I hate those Pommy words - 'minging'!

Seven people paying - what? $130 a week each to live in Darlo when they'd be up for $300 for a one-bedder/studio? I'd be in that.
Old Aug 25th 2011, 12:37 am
BE Enthusiast

steen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud of

God I hate those Pommy words - 'minging'!

Seven people paying - what? $130 a week each to live in Darlo when they'd be up for $300 for a one-bedder/studio? I'd be in that.
Aye cheap for a reason - because it'll be minging.