Sydney

Old Mar 31st 2005, 1:59 pm

hayleyhails is a jewel in the roughhayleyhails is a jewel in the roughhayleyhails is a jewel in the roughhayleyhails is a jewel in the rough
Default Sydney

Anyone want to tell me any general stuff about making a new life in sydney??

I know you guys don't like these kind of threads and i wont do them often so please don't post me any nasties!!!
Old Mar 31st 2005, 6:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice
Default Re: Sydney

Have a lot of savings........

SS
Old Mar 31st 2005, 7:53 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hayleyhails

I know you guys don't like these kind of threads and i wont do them often so please don't post me any nasties!!!
What do you think you want out of a new life. Ocean side living, inner city living, country living etc etc?
Old Apr 1st 2005, 12:46 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,

I only arrived in Sydney three weeks ago, so am just starting out making a new life! What is it you want to know? Practical stuff (how to apply for medicare) or emotional stuff (how it feels to be out here)?

Feel free to PM me if there's something specific you want to know. I'll try to help if I can. Although it might be a little early yet to answer all your questions!

Nichola

Old Apr 1st 2005, 3:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Tass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to behold

Have been here 5 months. Have come out with husband and 2 kids. Can offer you lots about steeing up with schools and things but you don't say if you're coming out yourself or with partner , family etc.
PM me if you want.
All the best,
Tass.
Old Apr 1st 2005, 3:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Un-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond repute

Been here nearly 3 years now. Like everyone else I'm more than happy to answer anything you'd like to know.
Old Apr 1st 2005, 6:09 am
Banned

djdutts is on a distinguished road

Let's know it then! I want to know all!

We'll be there in a few weeks, so tips/advice on anything is helpful.

In fact, here's a couple of good questions: What were the most important things that you wish you knew when you came out? Also, what are the best bits and worst bits about living in Sydney?

Thanks!
Old Apr 1st 2005, 8:14 am
Living the dream downunde

Location: MeadowBank, Sydney, Aussie Land of Sea,Sun and Seashells
rapitts is an unknown quantity at this point

worst bits ........traffic, trains (better than U.K. mind you).

Best bits...........its the greatest city in the world !!!!

Lets put it this way, left Sydney in 1997 and been thinking about the place ever since, well until I emigrated here last year

Ron
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 11:11 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Things I wish I knew when I came out? WTF Manchester is. (In the Aussie sense. Thinking about it, even in the British sense! )

Best bits: Friendly service, helpfulness of people, being near the ocean again (good for the soul).

Worst bits: It's 12,000 miles from my loved ones. 'Cept Mr GG.

GG

Originally Posted by djdutts
Let's know it then! I want to know all!

We'll be there in a few weeks, so tips/advice on anything is helpful.

In fact, here's a couple of good questions: What were the most important things that you wish you knew when you came out? Also, what are the best bits and worst bits about living in Sydney?

Thanks!
Old Apr 4th 2005, 3:07 pm

hayleyhails is a jewel in the roughhayleyhails is a jewel in the roughhayleyhails is a jewel in the roughhayleyhails is a jewel in the rough

thanks everyone. I know i'm a pain!!

Just really wanted to know what sydney is like with regards to meeting people and making friends etc.. i am going it alone when i eventually get round to going!!! Just at the research stage at the moment. i found the people really friendly there whlse on holiday but am unsure what the sitution is with reagrds to being an ex-pat on thier own!!???
Old Apr 4th 2005, 9:57 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks everyone. I know i'm a pain!!

Just really wanted to know what sydney is like with regards to meeting people and making friends etc.. i am going it alone when i eventually get round to going!!! Just at the research stage at the moment. i found the people really friendly there whlse on holiday but am unsure what the sitution is with reagrds to being an ex-pat on thier own!!???
There are plenty other expats in a similiar situation. Just get out and about and try things like diving, surfing etc. You will soon start to meet people.
Old Apr 6th 2005, 11:41 am
Monkey

In article <[email protected]> ,
member37292@british_expats.com (hayleyhails) wrote:

> *Subject:* Re: Sydney
    > *From:* hayleyhails <member37292@british_expats.com>
    > *Date:* Mon, 04 Apr 2005 15:07:44 +0000
    >
    >
    > > Anyone want to tell me any general stuff about making a new life in
    > > sydney??
    > >
    > > I know you guys don't like these kind of threads and i wont do them
    > > often so please don't post me any nasties!!!
    >
    > thanks everyone. I know i'm a pain!!
    >
    > Just really wanted to know what sydney is like with regards to meeting
    > people and making friends etc.. i am going it alone when i eventually
    > get round to going!!! Just at the research stage at the moment. i found
    > the people really friendly there whlse on holiday but am unsure what the
    > sitution is with reagrds to being an ex-pat on thier own!!???
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com
    >

If you are going completely alone then consider starting off in a shared apartment - you'll at least get to know your flatmates and their circles of mates.

Paul