Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Swallowing those horrid flies!!

Wikiposts

Swallowing those horrid flies!!

Old Nov 3rd 2003, 1:57 am
WBB

have been to brush my teeth twice since looking at that picture and it is still bugging me.

aarrghhhhh

Old Nov 3rd 2003, 1:58 am
Home in 2010.

The Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really nice

Originally posted by heading downunder 2002
Thank God I am back in the UK, no cockroaches, no big flies that drop maggots infact no maggots, one thing Australia has done for me, I don't worry about the creepy crawlies we have in the UK anymore and I no longer jump out of my skin when I see a woodloose!!

I read in the Daily Mail yesterday about a lady in Sydney who woke to find cockroaches in her ears:scared: One on my pillow was bad enough I didn't know they went in ears!!!! (my ears are itching just thinking about it) good job I didn't read that in Oz I would have been on the very next plane believe me and wouldn't have waited 6 months!!
Cockroaches are the worst for crawling across you lips and eyes while you sleep!!!!

Attached Thumbnails Swallowing those horrid flies!!-roach2.gif  
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 1:59 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by nicholls clan
Cockroaches are the worst for crawling across you lips and eyes while you sleep!!!!

Nice pic Its even lifesize
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 2:05 am
Home in 2010.

The Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really nice

Originally posted by PeteY
Nice pic Its even lifesize
Did not know cockies could fly, always thought they were ground dwellers until I am sat out on the porch watching the flying fox in the coconut tree, when one flew at me!!! It felt awful, horrible spikey legs and plasticy wings!! Hit me with some force too.
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 2:13 am
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of

Did not know cockies could fly ,,,
I had exactly this situation when I went to squash one on a wall. It flew away from the wall straight into my face. This was utterly the last thing I expected - it was as if I'd met supercocky ... I'm sure I saw a tiny pair of 6 legged shorts and a cape.
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 2:15 am
WBB

Originally posted by CHnJ
I had exactly this situation when I went to squash one on a wall. It flew away from the wall straight into my face. This was utterly the last thing I expected - it was as if I'd met supercocky ... I'm sure I saw a tiny pair of 6 legged shorts and a cape.

they are pretty tough little critters, hard to squash and can survive some extremes im temprature and conditions, they are very adaptable and get my admiration for that.

Old Nov 3rd 2003, 2:32 am
Home in 2010.

Originally posted by welshboybilly
they are pretty tough little critters, hard to squash and can survive some extremes im temprature and conditions, they are very adaptable and get my admiration for that.
They say if there was a nuclear war only two things would survive cockroaches and Cher.
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 2:45 am
WBB

Originally posted by nicholls clan
They say if there was a nuclear war only two things would survive cockroaches and Cher.
lol