Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

SUV Recommendations

SUV Recommendations

Old May 31st 2010, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: SUV Recommendations

I don't particularly like my CR-V, bought it new when we got here as it ticked all the boxes but its a really boring car to drive.
Old May 31st 2010, 10:00 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

X-Trail wins for me. Had two back in the UK and the Aventura Explorer was awesome - not sure what they call it here. Drive an Outlander for work and to be honest it struggles power wise up hills and the gear ratio on the automatic is not good. Hate the RAV4 with a passion and dont think much of the X5 or pajero either - too much roll on the suspension for me, gives me motion sickness when you sit in the back. Cant comment on the Honda - never been in one.

Old May 31st 2010, 10:11 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Never gets a mention in these threads and it should. Nissan Murano. I have one and so far I couldn't fault it.
Old May 31st 2010, 11:40 am
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ponyrama
X-Trail wins for me. Had two back in the UK and the Aventura Explorer was awesome - not sure what they call it here. Drive an Outlander for work and to be honest it struggles power wise up hills and the gear ratio on the automatic is not good. Hate the RAV4 with a passion and dont think much of the X5 or pajero either - too much roll on the suspension for me, gives me motion sickness when you sit in the back. Cant comment on the Honda - never been in one.

X-Trails in the UK are usually diesels I think, I tried a petrol X-Trail here and it was OK but nowhere near as good as my prev car in the UK, Freelander 2 diesel, I'd have one again if they weren't so exxy here. X-trail diesels can be got here, but again its quite a bump in the price.
Old May 31st 2010, 12:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

I love my RAV4- we have that and a Forestor and the RAV4 wins.

(I have mentioned at work I will be selling it in a month or so- moving to UK for a while- and several people have expressed interest. It seems very popular car).
Old May 31st 2010, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

Perthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Red_V_Roger
Toyota

Sanyong for $30K with Merc Diesel engine

Great Wall for $18K !!!
Anything but don't buy Ssangyong!
Old May 31st 2010, 8:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

POW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nice

Originally Posted by caliburn
SMH compared 7 4WD small SUVs and the verdict went for Honda CRV.

http://smh.drive.com.au/motor-news/s...0528-wjv4.html
We brought a Honda CRV just over 4 years ago. We have put 162,000 kms on it and it hasnt missed a beat. I would highly recommend one of these.

Barney