Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sutherland Shire Meet ?

Wikiposts

Sutherland Shire Meet ?

Old Feb 27th 2008, 10:50 am
LCT
Forum Regular

LCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud of
Default Sutherland Shire Meet ?

Anyone living in or around the Sutherland Shire and fancy starting a meet up group?

I work in the City but live in Cronulla so would love to meet some locals for evening or weekend get togethers.

Look forward to hearing from you ... if you are out there?
Old Feb 28th 2008, 1:49 pm
Just Joined

garethbethell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sutherland Shire Meet ?

Hi,

I'm from the St George and Sutherland Shire Leader, could you get in touch at [email protected]?

Cheers.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 10:09 am
LCT
Forum Regular

LCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud of

Are you an expat?
Old Feb 29th 2008, 10:47 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

I will let my OH know about this as he also works in the cbd and lives in Cronulla at present I am in England but hope to return soon and will be interested then
Old Mar 1st 2008, 11:11 pm
Lisa

LisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to all

Originally Posted by garethbethell
Hi,

I'm from the St George and Sutherland Shire Leader, could you get in touch at [email protected]?

Cheers.
Wierd first post if you ask me
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LCT
Anyone living in or around the Sutherland Shire and fancy starting a meet up group?

I work in the City but live in Cronulla so would love to meet some locals for evening or weekend get togethers.

Look forward to hearing from you ... if you are out there?
Yep - We live in Gymea / Gymea Bay and know a few other expats in the area that we've met through this forum (don't want to hijack them as they've all been here longer than us!)

I'm sure that we could do something...may I suggest that if its in a pub, we try to meet somewhere that is close to a railway station so we don't have to drive/taxi?

Please feel free to PM me.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 3:20 pm
Glasgow

Phillips007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I live in Gymea and would be happy to meet up.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 4:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

OK, so there are a few of us about. What should we do...?

Weekend I guess, but in the day time for people with kids or evening?

Should it be pub or park?

Assuming that we call it a Sutherland Shire meet up, should we aim for Gymea or Miranda with them being roughly in the middle of the Sutherland Cronulla rail line?

What about Gymea Hotel Saturday afternoon? or may be Gray's Point for those wanting BBQ?

Any other ideas welcome...
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 8:21 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red_V_Roger
OK, so there are a few of us about. What should we do...?

Weekend I guess, but in the day time for people with kids or evening?

Should it be pub or park?

Assuming that we call it a Sutherland Shire meet up, should we aim for Gymea or Miranda with them being roughly in the middle of the Sutherland Cronulla rail line?

What about Gymea Hotel Saturday afternoon? or may be Gray's Point for those wanting BBQ?

Any other ideas welcome...

OH is happy to meet but not on the 8th 15th 22nd or 23rd of this month ( march) Happy in Gymea or Miranda I will let him know what you decide
Old Mar 5th 2008, 2:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

I'm in Bonnet Bay (between Jannali & Sutherland), evenings would probably be best for us as weekends are usually booked up.

I have only been to the Jannali Inn (Awful) and Como Hotel (not bad but a bit full of TAB) so would welcome suggestions.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 11:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Right..I'm going to take the lead:

What about Gymea Hotel (next to Gymea station) 2PM Saturday 29th March.

They have food, nice outdoor area and you don't feel like your sat in a betting shop.

Who's up for it??
Old Mar 6th 2008, 12:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Please see http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=519727
Old Mar 6th 2008, 12:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Red_V_Roger
Right..I'm going to take the lead:

What about Gymea Hotel (next to Gymea station) 2PM Saturday 29th March.

They have food, nice outdoor area and you don't feel like your sat in a betting shop.

Who's up for it??
Unfortunately weekends are no good for us. Have a good time, hopefully the sun will be out.
Old Mar 7th 2008, 11:36 am
LCT
Forum Regular

Thought I'd get notified when replies came so didn't realise there had been so many already.

So there seem to be quite a few of us about.

Will look forward to meeting you all!

Will def be there on the 29th!