Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sussex people going to Oz ??

Sussex people going to Oz ??

Old Feb 6th 2006, 2:01 pm
Gold Coast and Loving it.

nick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Sussex people going to Oz ??

Hi there again !!

Just wondered if any Sussex people especially West Sussex are planning their futures in Australia ( Perth maybe )

Interesting to know where local people are going..

Or is it just nosey ??

Nick
Old Feb 6th 2006, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

orange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant future
Default Re: Sussex people going to Oz ??

Originally Posted by nick72
Hi there again !!

Just wondered if any Sussex people especially West Sussex are planning their futures in Australia ( Perth maybe )

Or is it just nosey ??

Nick
Hi Nick. I wonder if there's something about being from West Sussex and going to Perth, whereas the easterly Brightonians are drawn towards NSW? Would be an interesting poll. Having said that, I haven't seen any Sussex applicants on here... not everyone wants to advertise where they come from until they have the visa in the bag, have handed in notice at work etc
Old Feb 6th 2006, 2:16 pm

nick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by orange&
Hi Nick. I wonder if there's something about being from West Sussex and going to Perth, whereas the easterly Brightonians are drawn towards NSW? Would be an interesting poll. Having said that, I haven't seen any Sussex applicants on here... not everyone wants to advertise where they come from until they have the visa in the bag, have handed in notice at work etc
I dont care what work think !! I am just wanting my dream to come alive !!

LOL

My brother is in Saltdean and he is looking at Melbourne...we have friends that left West Sussex 2 weeks ago, they went to Melbourne too..

Somebody will shoot me down on this I know - lol, but we didnt want similiar weather to the UK thats why we didnt fancy Melbourne, the city and suburbs look fantastic. But 12000 miles for the same climate didnt appeal...

I know Melb is Victoria lol but it was the closest I could go to NSW !!

Nick
Old Feb 6th 2006, 2:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

orange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant future

I dont care what work think !! I am just wanting my dream to come alive !!

LOL

My brother is in Saltdean and he is looking at Melbourne...we have friends that left West Sussex 2 weeks ago, they went to Melbourne too..

Somebody will shoot me down on this I know - lol, but we didnt want similiar weather to the UK thats why we didnt fancy Melbourne, the city and suburbs look fantastic. But 12000 miles for the same climate didnt appeal...

I know Melb is Victoria lol but it was the closest I could go to NSW !!

Nick
That reminds me that it would be interesting to do a poll on whether people tend to hand in their notice at work before or after getting a visa... I'll try to set this up.

I agree with your Melbourne comments. Great city, lots of do, very cultured, but I was there in June once and it was very, very cold.
Old Feb 6th 2006, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

ew502 will become famous soon enoughew502 will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Sussex people going to Oz ??

Hi there again !!

Or is it just nosey ??

Nick
Hi Nick

Myself and partner leaving.(.hopefully, fingers crossed), Bognor Regis, going to Mid north coast in NSW. We have meds next week and hopefully all will be ok, we are going on the RSMS visa.

Agree about Melbourne, although really nice city, weather jsu like hope, even worse sometimes. When we visited it was foggy, then sunny and then rained!!!

Hope all goes well for you.
Ew
Old Feb 6th 2006, 6:03 pm
Just Joined

smit is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there again !!

Or is it just nosey ??

Nick
Hi there
we live in Newhaven at the moment,but off to Adelaide when house sales(yes,one of the many waiting on house)
cheers
smit
Old Feb 6th 2006, 7:10 pm
Who me ?

Fireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of light

Hi there again !!

Or is it just nosey ??

Nick
Hi,
We're in Worthing and off the end of this year to Brisbane....
Don't give a stuff if work see it, if they do...i'm leaving at the end of the year !!!

Ali
Old Feb 6th 2006, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

Tony Po has a brilliant futureTony Po has a brilliant futureTony Po has a brilliant futureTony Po has a brilliant futureTony Po has a brilliant futureTony Po has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Fireman Al
Hi,
Don't give a stuff if work see it, if they do...i'm leaving at the end of the year !!!

Ali
Not as close to the sea as most of you guys but still West Sussex... Haywards Heath, touch wood going to somewhere near Brisbane.
Can't wait!
We live in the best county in England and we still want to leave.
Old Feb 6th 2006, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by Fireman Al
Hi,

Ali
Littlehampton for us !!

Nick
Old Feb 6th 2006, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

moke is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,
We came from Hastings and now live in Brisbane, still waiting for our house to sell also.
We have been here 4 months now and loving it, people are friendly and we are happy.
Dean & Karen
Old Feb 6th 2006, 9:03 pm
Just Joined

smit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tony Po
Not as close to the sea as most of you guys but still West Sussex... Haywards Heath, touch wood going to somewhere near Brisbane.
Can't wait!
We live in the best county in England and we still want to leave.
Hi there,
was working in HH TODAY..HARLANDS ROAD.
smit
Old Feb 6th 2006, 9:25 pm
McG

>Just wondered if any Sussex people especially West Sussex are planning
    >their futures in Australia ( Perth maybe ;) )

Hi - I'm from West Sussex - grew up in Birdham/West Wittering, just
south of Chichester.

Currently in Melbourne (been here 4 1/2 years) and moving on to Perth
at the end of the year to be with family (my Mother was born there but
you'd never know it from her crisp English accent!). Just got back
from Perth actually - pleased to report it's still there and
resplendent in the sunshine (that we rather lack here in
Melbourne...).

Happy to help in any way I can. First time I've seen people from West
Sussex post - nearly every Brit I've come across out here comes from
'The North' (for me, that's anything above London...I lived a
sheltered life in England...!).

Old Feb 6th 2006, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

alinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to all

Hi

Thought we would add we are in Goring, worthing west sussex and are off to Adelaide, if this doesn`t suit us who knows, Perth, Briabane etc... We have had our meds and are waiting, so early May we could be living that life down under. Tracy and Lee
Old Feb 6th 2006, 9:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by alinora9
Hi

Thought we would add we are in Goring, worthing west sussex and are off to Adelaide, if this doesn`t suit us who knows, Perth, Briabane etc... We have had our meds and are waiting, so early May we could be living that life down under. Tracy and Lee

we were from Horsham, been in Australia almost 3 years!
Old Feb 6th 2006, 10:07 pm
Nicest member ( I think)

meelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by orange&
I'm from shoreham by sea in west sussex. There are a few sussex people around, not sure how many though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.