British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Survey booked for wednesday (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/survey-booked-wednesday-304131/)

fraser May 20th 2005 1:44 pm

Survey booked for wednesday

Full home buyers report whatever that is

Bix May 20th 2005 1:47 pm

Re: Survey booked for wednesday

Originally Posted by fraser

They just inspect your property - hope they don't support Millwall :p

Hunkyhenry May 20th 2005 2:04 pm

Look under your fridge :D

teach May 20th 2005 2:46 pm

Good news Fraser, things are moving along.
Sarah

fraser May 20th 2005 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by teach
Good news Fraser, things are moving along.
Sarah

Yep looks that way, I wont be counting any chooks yet though :rolleyes:

Rooksie May 20th 2005 3:07 pm

just means they got more money than sense mate!! by looks your property its not necessary but hey!! surveyor will be laughing all the way to the bank!! :rolleyes: at worst he will look in your loft and provide buyers with a 40 page document to justify expense!! :eek:

fraser May 20th 2005 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by Rooksie
just means they got more money than sense mate!! by looks your property its not necessary but hey!! surveyor will be laughing all the way to the bank!! :rolleyes: at worst he will look in your loft and provide buyers with a 40 page document to justify expense!! :eek:

How much would it cost them?

Rooksie May 20th 2005 3:11 pm

How much would it cost them?

oh god i cant remember but a good few hundred quid mate. they vary but ive heard of up to £500!! which i think is nuts unless you are buying a really old property or on a hill with underpinning etc etc

just checked and we paid £375 for ours but that was a favour by local surveyor as i was working for a contact then - we bought old house on a hill (ever been to torquay?? every house is on a bloody hill!!!!)

fraser May 20th 2005 3:17 pm

oh god i cant remember but a good few hundred quid mate. they vary but ive heard of up to £500!! which i think is nuts unless you are buying a really old property or on a hill with underpinning etc etc

just checked and we paid £375 for ours but that was a favour by local surveyor as i was working for a contact then - we bought old house on a hill (ever been to torquay?? every house is on a bloody hill!!!!)

Either that or they'll justify their fee with finding small jobs that need doing :rolleyes:

Rooksie May 20th 2005 3:19 pm

Either that or they'll justify their fee with finding small jobs that need doing :rolleyes:

small icky ones are fine its the big buggers you need to be afraid of!!!!! :scared:

youre house is fine - you bought it didnt you!! NOW DONT YOU DARE START TO STRESS :mad:

they got to have a surveyor for mortgage purposes so chill ok. :beer:

fraser May 20th 2005 3:22 pm

small icky ones are fine its the big buggers you need to be afraid of!!!!! :scared:

youre house is fine - you bought it didnt you!! NOW DONT YOU DARE START TO STRESS :mad:

they got to have a surveyor for mortgage purposes so chill ok. :beer:

Yeah I know, I can just see these trying to haggle more of the price, I mean I have an 18 month old bathroom and a 5 month old toilet and they wanted money knocked off because they wanted the wall down. :rolleyes:

So they got a good deal I'm not one to be taken the pisss out off and will find it hard to bite my tongue if they want more knocked off.

I know for a fact all the gutters need replacing.

Rooksie May 20th 2005 3:42 pm

Yeah I know, I can just see these trying to haggle more of the price, I mean I have an 18 month old bathroom and a 5 month old toilet and they wanted money knocked off because they wanted the wall down. :rolleyes:

So they got a good deal I'm not one to be taken the pisss out off and will find it hard to bite my tongue if they want more knocked off.

I know for a fact all the gutters need replacing.

hard sh** on them mate. if they wanted a new house........ know what i mean!!!!! beazer, barratt, david wilson to name but a few!!!

even if they do try it on, they already spent out on local search and survey and others ;) they wont walk just like that

jaycat May 20th 2005 4:25 pm

Good luck with your's on Wednesday...we are having the survey done on our house on Monday.
Then fingers crossed we will get a moving date so we can take our life of hold and finally be able to book our tickets.
Karen & Dean

Sue2 May 20th 2005 6:38 pm

All the best Fraser :D finger crossed for you!

Our sale has gone a bit tits up at the moment :mad: long story was ment to be moving on the 27th. :(

Sue

fraser May 20th 2005 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by Sue2
All the best Fraser :D finger crossed for you!

Our sale has gone a bit tits up at the moment :mad: long story was ment to be moving on the 27th. :(

Sue

Sorry to hear that Sue have sent you some k :)