Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Supposedly simple house sale chain

Supposedly simple house sale chain

Old Aug 18th 2005, 10:29 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Supposedly simple house sale chain

At the top of the chain is us who can move out anytime. Next is a woman who won't need a mortgage due to a divorce settlement (hubby has moved his stuff out already) and she isn't bothering with a survey. Then at the bottom is a couple who are already living in rented accomodation and they put their mortgage in place a few weeks ago.

So why after 8 weeks are we still at least 2 weeks away from exchange????

F***ing solicitors that's why! We can never get through to ours as her secretary intercepts her calls. We call her Mavis (Corrie) as her answer to all questions is "I don't really know". On Tuesday she told us they were waiting for our buyer to arrange a survey - she isn't having one. We also sent her our fixtures and fittings list 6 weeks ago and our buyer still hasn't had it.

So I am begging work to let me stay another week then another. Crown have been very good with us moving shipping dates so far.
Old Aug 18th 2005, 10:32 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Supposedly simple house sale chain

Originally Posted by worzel
At the top of the chain is us who can move out anytime. Next is a woman who won't need a mortgage due to a divorce settlement (hubby has moved his stuff out already) and she isn't bothering with a survey. Then at the bottom is a couple who are already living in rented accomodation and they put their mortgage in place a few weeks ago.

So why after 8 weeks are we still at least 2 weeks away from exchange????

F***ing solicitors that's why! We can never get through to ours as her secretary intercepts her calls. We call her Mavis (Corrie) as her answer to all questions is "I don't really know". On Tuesday she told us they were waiting for our buyer to arrange a survey - she isn't having one. We also sent her our fixtures and fittings list 6 weeks ago and our buyer still hasn't had it.

So I am begging work to let me stay another week then another. Crown have been very good with us moving shipping dates so far.
dont put up with it mate. go to estate agents and jump up and down . Also ask to speak to senior partner at your solicitors - trust me that always works!!!!!!!
Old Aug 18th 2005, 10:36 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Supposedly simple house sale chain

sounds like your solicitor needs a kick up the proverbial!