Reload this Page >

Supervisor Bricklayer ?

Supervisor Bricklayer ?

Old Mar 5th 2008, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

WildBoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Supervisor Bricklayer ?

Hello everybody.

I'm looking for a job of Supervisor Bricklayers in Australia. I have worked as a bricklayer and, then, Do you know where I can find it ? What's the salary for this job ? Is it more than a bricklayer's salary ? Somebody tells me that bricklayers earns 90 000- 100k AUD$ in Perth or even Townsville ? Is it a joke or not ? So, how much can a supervisor bricklayer expect ?
Thanks for all.
WildBoy.
Old Mar 5th 2008, 7:37 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Supervisor Bricklayer ?

Originally Posted by WildBoy
Hello everybody.

I'm looking for a job of Supervisor Bricklayers in Australia. I have worked as a bricklayer and, then, Do you know where I can find it ? What's the salary for this job ? Is it more than a bricklayer's salary ? Somebody tells me that bricklayers earns 90 000- 100k AUD$ in Perth or even Townsville ? Is it a joke or not ? So, how much can a supervisor bricklayer expect ?
Thanks for all.
WildBoy.
do a search on
http://www.seek.com.au/
Old Mar 6th 2008, 5:37 am
Forum Regular

butch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the rough

you will have to be a trainee supervisor first thats about 2years,$60grand ayear plus car plus phone , brickies on 60 to 70 grand ayear (thats afull year) lads that run small teams 90to 120 grand big teams don,t know about but its not all abed of roses in perth at the moment worked 1.5 days in last 2 weeks
Old Mar 9th 2008, 10:40 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: Supervisor Bricklayer ?

Hi,

I had some problems with Internet, but all is ok now.
Thank you for your answers. I didn't find anything on seek.com.au, maybe they don't need supervisor bricklayer...
I read all the others topics about bricklaying yesterday and it seems to me that bricklayers don't have excellent wages...Only about 60-75k$, never more ? I never thought they wouldn't work when it's raining....What do they have to cut to this salary before Tax ?
Furthermore, I have another question about supervisor bricklayer. Do you know if they are paid for 52 weeks of work or what ? Then, is 120k$ a good salary for 4, Sunshine Coast ?
After that, i won't ask you anything else...^^
Thanks, Wild boy (not so wild).
Old Mar 9th 2008, 10:56 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by butch&shell
but its not all abed of roses in perth at the moment worked 1.5 days in last 2 weeks
Feeling a building down turn over there mate? or is it just seasonal?
Old Apr 13th 2008, 4:11 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Bricklayers Supervisor

Hi, is there a difference between foreman and supervisor ? I saw jobs on seek for foreman but, with all they have to do, I wonder if a bricklayer supervisor has the same qualifications as a foreman. Can you explain it ?
thanks
Old Apr 13th 2008, 8:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WildBoy
Hi,

I had some problems with Internet, but all is ok now.
Thank you for your answers. I didn't find anything on seek.com.au, maybe they don't need supervisor bricklayer...
I read all the others topics about bricklaying yesterday and it seems to me that bricklayers don't have excellent wages...Only about 60-75k$, never more ? I never thought they wouldn't work when it's raining....What do they have to cut to this salary before Tax ?
Furthermore, I have another question about supervisor bricklayer. Do you know if they are paid for 52 weeks of work or what ? Then, is 120k$ a good salary for 4, Sunshine Coast ?
After that, i won't ask you anything else...^^
Thanks, Wild boy (not so wild).

Most jobs in the trades are paid as, if and when you work, you are talking jobs on salary, they are rare, most trade workers are hired for the job, paid if they are working that day/week and not for holidays, sick pay etc casual or contract basically.

If you can get a salary job as a bricklayer, that would be hard, probably why you dont see many on job websites. If there were those positions I would agree supervisors are more 60 + car.

Brickies as workers are paid about $280 a day,perth and qld, usually their is one bricklayer who pays all the insurances, regos, licences, holds the liablility and all his associated costs and overheads out of the per brick figure, he takes the the contract with the principal contractor, hes called the Sub contractor, a far more common method here than brickie supervisor

120K on the sunshine coast or any coast or major centre, thats unlikely. 120k is the sort of money a person running a major construction project gets, and that would be city wages.

Not sure what tradies in the UK earn these days but its a pretty consistent expectation to find much higher money than whats actually on offer from those arriving from the UK.