Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Superannuation help!

Superannuation help!

Old Nov 17th 2009, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

homewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud of
Default Superannuation help!

I have no idea where to start - my new employer is using AMP, my old employer was with Aria - Public Sector Superannuation Accumulation Plan and my current Part time employer uses BT.

I want to role them all into one but don't know which one to choose and the websites arent very helpful in finding out how they are returning or charges etc.

Anyone advise on how I should be selecting me super?
Old Nov 17th 2009, 10:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

NigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Superannuation help!

We went to at least three financial seminars every year for the last 20 years of our working life to try to get an understanding of superannuation because it changes so often. I ended up leaving a small amount with Aria because it was then a defined benefit scheme, I've also got a couple of pensions from other countries that cannot be moved. Anyway we ended up with www.agest.com.au for the bulk of it, when I retired ten years ago I took out an allocated pension with them. Their total admin charges are $4 per month, they have 11 different funds and you can move your money around as often as you like. A couple of years ago when the stockmarket was booming I thought that it could not last so I logged onto their Internet site and transferred everything to cash, didn't earn as much but kept all the capital intact when the crash came. I have found that if I make a transfer before midnight it is effective from the next day, may take a couple of days before the records are updated though.
Old Nov 17th 2009, 10:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by homewardbound
I have no idea where to start - my new employer is using AMP, my old employer was with Aria - Public Sector Superannuation Accumulation Plan and my current Part time employer uses BT.

I want to role them all into one but don't know which one to choose and the websites arent very helpful in finding out how they are returning or charges etc.

Anyone advise on how I should be selecting me super?
Most super funds will do the roll over for you I work for BT and customers can call us and we do all the paper work and contact your superfunds on your behalf, you just need to sign one form. This is pretty standard across the board. So pick which one you want to roll into and give them a call, they'll probably bend over backwards to help you
Old Nov 18th 2009, 11:11 am
BE Enthusiast

homewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud of

oh its so hard to choose which one to roll it into though... I have a friend who says BT and another who says AMP.

I think i might roll it all into BT as the company MD is a tight accountant and he set it all up and there is good access via the web to the funds.
Old Nov 18th 2009, 10:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by homewardbound
oh its so hard to choose which one to roll it into though... I have a friend who says BT and another who says AMP.

I think i might roll it all into BT as the company MD is a tight accountant and he set it all up and there is good access via the web to the funds.
Check out the charges as well Most Supers have a monthly admin fee and an MER or ICR which are the annual management costs. Both of these fee's should be available for you to view online, if they're not drastically different then just pick which one you like best
Old Nov 19th 2009, 4:55 am
Forum Regular

dhama is an unknown quantity at this point

can some one advise me on the withdrawl of super funds. Is it possible to withdraw the fund before ath age of 65 even if i hold PR.

Thanks and Regards
Dhama
Old Nov 19th 2009, 9:20 am
Harrip

harrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to behold

This site is useful for comparing funds - http://australiansuper.com/about_com...liansuper.aspx