Superannuation

Old Sep 14th 2013, 2:01 pm
Just Joined

ellec is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Superannuation

Hi there...

I travelled and worked in Australia between 2005-2006 and wonder if I'm too late to claim back the superannuation that I paid? I claimed the tax but never got round to claiming the super? Anyone know if it would still be possible to claim and if so how to go about it?

Cheers
Old Sep 14th 2013, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

JOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really nice
Default Re: Superannuation

If you still have your TFN check your super here

There will be a form where you can apply for a refund from ATO.
Old Sep 15th 2013, 11:14 am
Just Joined

ellec is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks JOE2010

I have my TFN number and have went on to the ATO website and I do have unclaimed super sitting. issue now is I don't have any of the superannuation details, Super Fund Number, member/account number etc, do you know of any way to obtain this info?
Old Sep 15th 2013, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe get in touch with your former employers and ask them?
Old Sep 16th 2013, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

JOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really nice

Originally Posted by ellec
thanks JOE2010

I have my TFN number and have went on to the ATO website and I do have unclaimed super sitting. issue now is I don't have any of the superannuation details, Super Fund Number, member/account number etc, do you know of any way to obtain this info?
Check the ATO website, there is a column with super fund name. A quick google search can give you the contact details of the fund.