Superan refund

Old Jul 16th 2010, 4:13 am
Just Joined

dickydavies is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Superan refund

Hold a permanent resident visa. I have resigned from my job in OZ and have had to return to the UK to live and work. Have no plans to return to live or work in OZ.

I have been made aware that the super that my employer paid while I was employed with them may be able to be claimed back by myself. Minus 30-35% tax and other admin costs.

I have been told that this is for temp residents or anyone outside OZ even with Perm visa who cancels it.

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience of this?
Old Jul 16th 2010, 5:29 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Superan refund

Originally Posted by dickydavies
Hold a permanent resident visa. I have resigned from my job in OZ and have had to return to the UK to live and work. Have no plans to return to live or work in OZ.

I have been made aware that the super that my employer paid while I was employed with them may be able to be claimed back by myself. Minus 30-35% tax and other admin costs.

I have been told that this is for temp residents or anyone outside OZ even with Perm visa who cancels it.

Have a look through the Moving Back to the Uk forum - there are people on there who have done it
Old Jul 16th 2010, 5:44 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought it only applied to those who were in Oz on 457's?
Old Jul 16th 2010, 11:35 am
Just Joined

dickydavies is an unknown quantity at this point

Spoke to a company last night. They said if I cancel my PR visa, I would elligible?
Old Jul 16th 2010, 11:52 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Spoke to a company last night. They said if I cancel my PR visa, I would elligible?
http://www.ato.gov.au/taxprofessiona...tent/63803.htm

Try reading that. Personally I think that if you were here on a PR Visa that you cannot claim back your Super... but I could be wrong.
Old Jul 16th 2010, 2:51 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Superannuation - After Permanent Residency

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=576300
and
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=614402

are worth a read. I had always been told it couldn't be done, but there are posters in the MBTTUK forum who have done it

Last edited by Pollyana; Jul 16th 2010 at 2:54 pm. Reason: Found the links :)