Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sunshine Hospital - good locations to live near

Sunshine Hospital - good locations to live near

Old Aug 12th 2010, 9:06 am
Just Joined

nessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nice
Default Sunshine Hospital - good locations to live near

Hi

I will be working at the Sunshine hospital which I understand is not the best of areas to be living in.

I am looking for somewhere that would be no more that 40 mins on public transport to stay. I'm into the arts, vintage shops, cafe culture, galleries etc. Would be looking to pay no more than $400 per week in rent.

Some suggestions of some cool hang out places to live would be helpful.

Thank you

Nessie
Old Aug 12th 2010, 11:34 am
Random Member

Peepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Sunshine Hospital - good locations to live near

Not sure how many bedrooms you need, but sticking within the 40mins I would say perhaps start with Yarraville, North Melbourne and Kensington? Brunswick is fab but I think it could be a bit of a schmozzle on public transport.
Old Aug 12th 2010, 11:52 am
Just Joined

nessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Peepster
Not sure how many bedrooms you need, but sticking within the 40mins I would say perhaps start with Yarraville, North Melbourne and Kensington? Brunswick is fab but I think it could be a bit of a schmozzle on public transport.

Hi

Thanks for your help. I would be looking for a 2 bedroomed ideally. I'll check the public transport links for Brunswick.

Cheers

Nessie
Old Aug 12th 2010, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

bigkaz is just really nicebigkaz is just really nicebigkaz is just really nicebigkaz is just really nicebigkaz is just really nicebigkaz is just really nicebigkaz is just really nicebigkaz is just really nice

I live in Brunswick and love it.
Public transport to Sunshine wouldnt be a problem.
Train from Brunswick (Upfield line) to North Melbourne then change to Watergardens line and short walk to the hospital.
Only issue would be if you had to get there early on a Sunday morning as trains dont start til after 7am.

I have lived in Kensington/Flemington before and those would both similar public transport wise.
Old Aug 12th 2010, 12:18 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bigkaz
I live in Brunswick and love it.
Public transport to Sunshine wouldnt be a problem.
Train from Brunswick (Upfield line) to North Melbourne then change to Watergardens line and short walk to the hospital.
Only issue would be if you had to get there early on a Sunday morning as trains dont start til after 7am.

I have lived in Kensington/Flemington before and those would both similar public transport wise.
Nice one. Whats so good about Brunswick then?

Thanks for your help

Nessie
Old Aug 12th 2010, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

bigkaz is just really nicebigkaz is just really nicebigkaz is just really nicebigkaz is just really nicebigkaz is just really nicebigkaz is just really nicebigkaz is just really nicebigkaz is just really nice

Brunswick just has a great 'vibe' about it and a real Cosmopolitan feel to it.

Lots of cafe's/ bars,vintage and 2nd hand clothes shops and book shops,large park (Princes Park amongst others)) easy to get to the city by train or tram and cycle paths.

I loved living in Flemington as lots of good restaurants but there's a lot more to do in Brunswick.
I lived in Yarraville too when I first moved to Melbourne and it was good,but the train was the only transport option there but it has great little coffee shops,village feel and a nice cinema.
Old Aug 12th 2010, 12:43 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bigkaz
Brunswick just has a great 'vibe' about it and a real Cosmopolitan feel to it.

Lots of cafe's/ bars,vintage and 2nd hand clothes shops and book shops,large park (Princes Park amongst others)) easy to get to the city by train or tram and cycle paths.

I loved living in Flemington as lots of good restaurants but there's a lot more to do in Brunswick.
I lived in Yarraville too when I first moved to Melbourne and it was good,but the train was the only transport option there but it has great little coffee shops,village feel and a nice cinema.
Brunswick sounds cool Will check out the rental properties there to get an idea on rental prices.

I love the old picture houses and am a big fan of the world cinema films, not so hot on the huge modern cinema complexes.

Thanks again for your thoughts

Nessie
Old Aug 12th 2010, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nessie1970
Brunswick sounds cool Will check out the rental properties there to get an idea on rental prices.

I love the old picture houses and am a big fan of the world cinema films, not so hot on the huge modern cinema complexes.

Thanks again for your thoughts

Nessie
There's a cinema in Carlton,not too far from Brunswick that shows a lot of foreign films and most Australian films too. Cinema Nova it's called. My favourite hangout on a cold wet afternoon. http://www.cinemanova.com.au/

The one in Yarraville is Sun Theatre
Old Aug 12th 2010, 1:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Kaz of the Rangers ?

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Aug 12th 2010 at 1:35 pm.