Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sunshine Coast Wildlife

Sunshine Coast Wildlife

Old Mar 28th 2008, 7:30 am
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of
Default Sunshine Coast Wildlife

We have some visitors coming to visit soon and need some advice about the best places to go to, to see kangaroos and dolphins in their natural environment ! Thanks.
Old Mar 28th 2008, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

Bosshogg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sunshine Coast Wildlife

For Kangaroos you will see plenty at Sippy Downs in the grounds of the Sunshine University.
For Dolphins try Tin Can Bay.
Old Mar 28th 2008, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

Corkhead is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by melaniee
We have some visitors coming to visit soon and need some advice about the best places to go to, to see kangaroos and dolphins in their natural environment ! Thanks.
Hi There

They are building out the back of currimundi, if you go to the Meridian state college which is of sunset drive / Parklands blvd there is a few fields out there with tons of kangaroos.
For koalas go for a walk up noosa national park look carefully and you should see them up the trees.
As for dolphins you can go up to tin can bay outside gympie and they do feeding of the wild ones most mornings early. Also just keep a look out at Noosa/ point cartwright and you may see some.
Hope this helps
Old Mar 30th 2008, 12:26 pm
Coventry to Caloundra....

joeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by melaniee

yep defo the uni theres loads of roos just mooching around. i've seen dolphins a few times at moffat beach joining swimmers for an early morning one! absolutely stunning, they just get along side someone, amazing. the times i've been there have been between 730 and 830am but the last time i went was about 5 weeks ago when it was a lot warmer
Old Mar 30th 2008, 2:43 pm
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joeyballantyne
yep defo the uni theres loads of roos just mooching around. i've seen dolphins a few times at moffat beach joining swimmers for an early morning one! absolutely stunning, they just get along side someone, amazing. the times i've been there have been between 730 and 830am but the last time i went was about 5 weeks ago when it was a lot warmer
Awful here isnt it? Not how we all imagined!
Old Mar 30th 2008, 4:46 pm
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

dolphins - go for a walk around noosa national park on a sunny afternoon ! you will see plenty !

I have yet to see a koala at the sunshine coast, but I've spotted some on the bayside. (just south east of brisbane).

kangaroos- university is guaranteed, but take a drive around the glasshouse mountains back roads and you'll run into one or two (hopefully not literally), in their natural habitat.

Also - take a drive out towards kenilworth and with a bit of luck you'll see a dingo...we saw 2 or 3 when we were camping out that way last year.

cheers