Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

sunshine coast v gold coast? pro & cons

Wikiposts

sunshine coast v gold coast? pro & cons

Old Jun 14th 2008, 1:30 am
Forum Regular

tonychef is a name known to alltonychef is a name known to alltonychef is a name known to alltonychef is a name known to alltonychef is a name known to alltonychef is a name known to alltonychef is a name known to alltonychef is a name known to alltonychef is a name known to alltonychef is a name known to alltonychef is a name known to all
Default Re: sunshine coast v gold coast? pro & cons

Originally Posted by winedonju
Your a natural
OH is a glazier, cannot get PR visa, as they stopped the Skills pathway D, so we are coming out on a 457 vise, then after 2 years we can go for PR (all being well)

Defo be staying (not reccie)will holiday rent for a few weeks till our furniture gets there then rent for a while till we find out exactly where we want to buy....think Noosa itself will prob be a bit too pricey for us, but we have been looking at Coolum and Peregean (pls forgive spelling?????).

As for being a nutter......I thought it was one of the requirements for BE
hi perigian beach itself is great great pub and surf club and nice village feel perigian springs is a bit up its own arse golf club etc and big houses prob have to pay $600,000 now for one there but dont buy anywhere yet as the aussie house market is suffering coolum is good as well

well thats probably all from me tonight as ive had a glass of wine too many and doing this BE stuff im having an agrument with a guy who lves in perth who thinks he knows everything !!!!!!!!!!! but i think im winning

Again keep in touch and i will try to give any advice or help in your move

Sunshine beach ticks all of our boxes and its only 5 mins from noosa

perrigan beach is prob 10mins

coolum 15 mins
Old Jun 14th 2008, 4:36 am
Forum Regular

daddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to all

[QUOTE=mr mover;6464099]
Originally Posted by sammyg
Have you lived in the sunshine and gold coast??

No thank god , i live in the real Australia.
This is the beach i like , i go there fish for a week and not see another human ...........mm

pardon my ignorance but where does the sunshine coast start and the gold coast start/finish? Does Perth have another a similar name, like The Poms Sunny Coast?
Old Jun 14th 2008, 4:42 am
Forum Regular

daddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to all

[QUOTE=mr mover;6464099]
Originally Posted by sammyg
Have you lived in the sunshine and gold coast??

No thank god , i live in the real Australia.
This is the beach i like , i go there fish for a week and not see another human ...........mm

pardon my ignorance but where does the sunshine coast start and the gold coast start/finish? Does Perth have another a similar name, like The Poms Sunny Coast?
Old Jun 14th 2008, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

I believe the Gold coast begins at a place called Beenleigh and ends at the NSW border. I don't really know the geograpy of the sunshine coast though
Old Jun 14th 2008, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

smudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant future

I don't live on either (although work at Kawana at the moment), but visit both regularly. Love both to be honest (so not biased in anyway) for differing reasons, though if i had the choice of where to live i'd probably go for Sunshine Beach near Noosa.
Old Jun 18th 2008, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

Gronya is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shark bait
cheers for the replies
we have made the decision to head to the sunshine coast
think the fact its not as busy or built up(in places)
now just need to find somewhere nr the coast so i can kitesurf , yet with easy commute to Nambour college.
Hi

Just wanted to say good thread. I'm normally a good reader on this site don't normally put my tuppence in but felt I should say a few good points about Sunshine Coast as the majority on the thread have been from Gold Coast.

Basically we moved here 4 1/2 years ago from Sydney having spent 14 years in Sydney. It did take me a couple of years then to adjust to the place as it was quieter than what we were used to.
I had at one stage contemplated moving to Gold Coast because of theme parks and there seemed to be happening down there. Now I am really glad we stayed. Over the last couple of years Sunshine Coast has really come on, met some great people from Ireland and UK that have moved here in the last couple of years that like going out or having parties etc.
Big bonus is the talk of 2 water parks being built here and the 12,000 seater sports stadium, shopping plaza is being doubled in size as well as kawana shopping centre. I believe in the next 5 years this place will be a smaller but more appealing version of the Gold Coast.
So good luck with your move to Sunshine Coast I don't believe you will regret it.