Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

sunshine coast v gold coast? pro & cons

sunshine coast v gold coast? pro & cons

Old Jun 13th 2008, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

shark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant future
Default sunshine coast v gold coast? pro & cons

its an personal view
whats yours?
Old Jun 13th 2008, 8:15 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: sunshine coast v gold coast? pro & cons

Originally Posted by shark bait
its an personal view
whats yours?
i would say that without the experiance of living in both areas that the answers will be biased

for what its worth i`d say the GC
Old Jun 13th 2008, 8:21 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed. I prefer the GC but have only visited SC. From what I understand and that could be bunkum, there are possibly more job opportunities on the Goldie. Other people reckon GC is way too built up and that SC is not. Apart from the very small area of Surfers, I'd say there's not much in it - they are both holiday destinations and so have stacks of accommodation. There are many parts of the GC that are green, peaceful etc - the very same thing that some people decide they want and can only find on the SC.

Horses for courses.
Old Jun 13th 2008, 8:22 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Agreed. I prefer the GC but have only visited SC. From what I understand and that could be bunkum, there are possibly more job opportunities on the Goldie. Other people reckon GC is way too built up and that SC is not. Apart from the very small area of Surfers, I'd say there's not much in it - they are both holiday destinations and so have stacks of accommodation. There are many parts of the GC that are green, peaceful etc - the very same thing that some people decide they want and can only find on the SC.

Horses for courses.
and if you live on the other side of the M1 its even better
Old Jun 13th 2008, 8:55 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shark bait
its an personal view
whats yours?
Gold coast , too many tourists [jap etc]......
Sunshine coast, too many Grommets ,not at school, had my car broken into twice in a week.........just for ash tray change, got bugger all the second time........mm
Old Jun 13th 2008, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mr mover
Gold coast , too many tourists [jap etc]......
Sunshine coast, too many Grommets ,not at school, had my car broken into twice in a week.........just for ash tray change, got bugger all the second time........mm
Have you lived in the sunshine and gold coast??

We are biased as we live in the Gold coast but that's because it offered everything we were looking for opposed to the sunshine coast - jobs, variety of things to do, option of night life when needed, etc,etc....

Yes, there is the tourist side of things but that's only really apparent in Surfers! and not many peeps live anywhere near surfers (although, there's nothing wrong with surfers!!)
There are some truly amazing beaches in the Goldie, Burleigh, Kirra, Coolangatta, Rainbow Bay and Snapper which have squeaky white sand and turquoise sea

We can go out for the day and find our own private piece of beach with no one near us in the day and have a vibrant, lively night out in the evening!

The Gold Coast also has all the beaut green hills/mountains for walks and waterfalls!

I've met quite a few people through my job who have moved from the sunshine coast to the Gold Coast because they simply got bored after a while!!

There are many tourist attractions here and we take advantage of them when the tourist have gone with locals half price tickets

There seems to sometimes be a view that the Gold Coast is too touristy and tacky, but that's because when people come here they go to surfers and think that, that is it......well
Old Jun 13th 2008, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

It rains more on the Sunshine Coast.

http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/averages/
Old Jun 13th 2008, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

Sheilas Wheels has a spectacular aura aboutSheilas Wheels has a spectacular aura aboutSheilas Wheels has a spectacular aura about

Gold Coast for us anyday! Always something going on - personally don't like things too quiet!! Most locals don't even go into Surfers but its there if you want to - endless choice of restaurants, bars etc!
Old Jun 13th 2008, 11:33 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

It's a bit 'quiet' on the sunshine front??
Old Jun 13th 2008, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

we even know retirees who checked out the sunny coast and found it 'lifeless' Actually they said it was a bit 'twee' and doesn't have the 'buzz' that the gold coast has...
Old Jun 13th 2008, 12:54 pm
Just Joined

westholden will become famous soon enoughwestholden will become famous soon enough

Built a house at coolum. Lasted 18mths. I have 3 kids and i was for ever driving them to school and to get around. Public transport hopeless. We moved to Kingscliff (NSW/QLD Border). Plenty to do and the kids can get around by public transport, and hopefully be able to work easier. Good luck
Old Jun 13th 2008, 2:30 pm
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

I love the beaches on the gold coast, and I love the "hinterland" too.

Not sure about the bit in the middle though. Too many utes and too many thin people looking for money to buy ice.
Old Jun 13th 2008, 2:33 pm
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

ps - sorry I didn't mean to offend any meth addicts with that last post.

But I did mean to offend the holden ute and ford falcon drivers...
Old Jun 13th 2008, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

tonychef is a name known to alltonychef is a name known to alltonychef is a name known to alltonychef is a name known to alltonychef is a name known to alltonychef is a name known to alltonychef is a name known to alltonychef is a name known to alltonychef is a name known to alltonychef is a name known to alltonychef is a name known to all

well we prefer the sunshine coast, okay noosa to coolum really, we dont find it quite and find it a great place to go out drinking and have met lots of friends up here ,beaches are better as well in my opinion and believe me iv seen most of the beaches australia has to offer that you can get to in a van.

The only reason id live on the gold coast would be for work!!!!!!!!!!! to busy, built up and traffic is a nightmare, i like to walk home ( stagger ) from a night out, without the idiots and i came from manchester and still miss the city life every now and again but if i want it i drive and stay in brissy over night

I suppose it down to personal opinion as we have no kids and can
live where ever we want too so schools etc don`t come in to it

and its alot more laid back
Old Jun 13th 2008, 4:23 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=sammyg;6462897]Have you lived in the sunshine and gold coast??

No thank god , i live in the real Australia.
This is the beach i like , i go there fish for a week and not see another human ...........mm
Attached Thumbnails sunshine coast v gold coast? pro & cons-100_1094.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.