Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sunshine Coast - Seven Weeks In

Sunshine Coast - Seven Weeks In

Old Dec 17th 2004, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

jwinch has a spectacular aura aboutjwinch has a spectacular aura aboutjwinch has a spectacular aura about
Default Sunshine Coast - Seven Weeks In

Hi all,

We have been here seven weeks already and have finally got our interent connection sorted. I would like to thank everyone on here who has given me advice and support over the last eighteen months.

So far so good, we are all absolutly loving it. although don't underestimate how hard those first few months are. I feel like my feet haven't touch the ground.

We have met some lovely people, obviously it still feels like we are on holiday and it doesn't feel like our 'home' yet but I am sure that will come in time.

I have four children and with the exception of one they have all settled into school very well. The nine year old has experienced a few problems with bullies etc but the school have been very supportive, and I am sure that once they return to school he will no longer be the 'new' boy.

Anyway Thanks again to you all, the hard work is worth it in the end. If there is anyone up here on the sunshine coast that would like to meet some new faces PM me,

Jacquie
Old Dec 17th 2004, 11:54 am
Just Joined

tuna is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sunshine Coast - Seven Weeks In

[hi jacquie

am thinking of moving up there, we r in southern nsw at the mo, whereabouts r u and where do u recommend. i am a nurse so would be looking for work up there.
cheers wendy
Old Dec 24th 2004, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

Off2Oz1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jacqui,

We're 12 weeks in now and would love to meet up with you. I've sent you a PM.

Wendy
Old Jan 1st 2005, 12:43 pm
Thinking of returning

mattyd is an unknown quantity at this point

Me, the wife and my 15month old son arrive on the sunshine coast on the 8th Jan 05. You might be getting some calls for help not long after. Be prepared!!!!

Matty D