Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sunshine coast rentals near Caloundra

Sunshine coast rentals near Caloundra

Old Nov 16th 2006, 10:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

raven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to behold
Default Sunshine coast rentals near Caloundra

Been here a week now and have been hunting for a rental. It is proving difficult you go look at a property and there is always another 5 or 10 couples there. Then u are always advised to pay 6 months up front. SO YOU GET YOUR REFEerances sorted offer 6 months up front and then still lose it because someone has offered more than the original rental price. Have only looked around pelican and Belvista at the moment but will now broaden orizons to little mountain and Aroona, Wish me luck.
Raven
Old Nov 16th 2006, 11:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sunshine coast rentals near Caloundra

Originally Posted by raven
Been here a week now and have been hunting for a rental. It is proving difficult you go look at a property and there is always another 5 or 10 couples there. Then u are always advised to pay 6 months up front. SO YOU GET YOUR REFEerances sorted offer 6 months up front and then still lose it because someone has offered more than the original rental price. Have only looked around pelican and Belvista at the moment but will now broaden orizons to little mountain and Aroona, Wish me luck.
Raven
Hi raven,have been reading this forum for a while now and it appears that most people have had some sort of set back or other when trying to rent so cant imagine it will have changed any when we get ther early next year What i will say is they reckon GOD LOVES A TRIER so stick at it mate and hopefully all ends well for you .
best of luck regards bobby
Old Nov 17th 2006, 1:22 am
BE Enthusiast

kitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond repute

We've been on the sunshine coast for 2 weeks and spent most of that trying to get a rental, just like the original poster says, it's like a fierce competition and a lottery if you get picked or not. We struck lucky and moved into one today, just as our holiday acomomdation came to an end, it's not what we would choose, but it seems you can't be choosy.
The estate agent told us there are 10 times as many people wanting rentals as there are houses to rent and it will become near impossible in January, so we feel relieved.
Good luck to all those in the race.
Old Nov 17th 2006, 4:03 am
Forum Regular

Koala Konnection has a brilliant futureKoala Konnection has a brilliant futureKoala Konnection has a brilliant futureKoala Konnection has a brilliant futureKoala Konnection has a brilliant futureKoala Konnection has a brilliant future

Try moving a little way inland from the coastal strip (15 mins drive). If you have a car. Beerwah, and Landsborough are not a million miles away and Palmwoods is really growing with good housing. If you don't mind commuting for half an hour you could try up on the range.

I do sympathise.

Paul.
Old Nov 20th 2006, 5:08 am
BE Enthusiast

raven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Koala Konnection
Try moving a little way inland from the coastal strip (15 mins drive). If you have a car. Beerwah, and Landsborough are not a million miles away and Palmwoods is really growing with good housing. If you don't mind commuting for half an hour you could try up on the range.

I do sympathise.

Paul.
Panic is now over we have now got a fantastic 4 bed air conditioned house on belavista and move in at the end of the month. But i darent tell u what it cost us
Old Nov 20th 2006, 5:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Panic is now over we have now got a fantastic 4 bed air conditioned house on belavista and move in at the end of the month. But i darent tell u what it cost us

What do they want in there used to be the cheapest of the cheap to buy in there (aerodrome next door probably being the reason).
Old Nov 20th 2006, 5:45 am
Forum Regular

Koala Konnection has a brilliant futureKoala Konnection has a brilliant futureKoala Konnection has a brilliant futureKoala Konnection has a brilliant futureKoala Konnection has a brilliant futureKoala Konnection has a brilliant future

Great! Strangely, your thread got me into gear to seek out info on any short term local rentals and I came up with one which I posted on the site today. More will be posted up in due course. So for anyone else out there just looking to book a short stay rental to ease the search for a long stay one, which is clearly becoming a problem, check under the "accomm" section of the KK site.

http://www.koalakonnection.com

Cheers

Paul.