Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sunshine coast or not

Sunshine coast or not

Old Jan 30th 2005, 4:54 am
Just Joined

Knobby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sunshine coast or not

I am moving from Victoria to Qsland,wife and three kids 10.7.and 5yrs.we want to know is the Noosa area worth a look.(Retired LFB any questions answered)Arrived in oz 2yrs ago,Geelong,Vic weather cold windy and erratic
Old Jan 30th 2005, 6:38 am
Forum Regular

dawn kirbyshire is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sunshine coast or not

my brother is lucky enought to live in noosa and we've stayed there several times. it is gorgeous and you're not far from the glasshouse mountains etc if you want a change from great surf. there's a web cam on noosa beach if you search. good luck
Old Jan 30th 2005, 7:30 pm
Shaz

Shazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Sunshine coast or not

We went On holiday to the Sunshine coast last Nov/Dec, it was fab, Noosa was lovely but the beach was really smelly, something to do with algae ! Its very cosmopolitan & a bit pricey. Mooloolaba/Maroochydore are also really nice, we wanted to move to Mooloolaba but the DIMIA said that we could only go to Maryborough part of Qld so we have now decided to go to Adelaide with a view on moving to Mooloolaba after 2 years. Good luck with what ever you decide.
Old Jan 30th 2005, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

klmar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Knobby
I am moving from Victoria to Qsland,wife and three kids 10.7.and 5yrs.we want to know is the Noosa area worth a look.(Retired LFB any questions answered)Arrived in oz 2yrs ago,Geelong,Vic weather cold windy and erratic
Spent christmas day on sunshine beach at Noosa -- It rained !!
We're hoping to go to Melbourne -- Is the weather as cr*p as everyone says it is?
Old Jan 30th 2005, 8:17 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by klmar
Spent christmas day on sunshine beach at Noosa -- It rained !!
We're hoping to go to Melbourne -- Is the weather as cr*p as everyone says it is?
Yes,I dumped all my warm clothes before leaving england,I bought some more soon after arriving in Geelong.Hence moving to Qsland
Old Jan 30th 2005, 8:51 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Yes,I dumped all my warm clothes before leaving england,I bought some more soon after arriving in Geelong.Hence moving to Qsland
Well don't dump the clothes yet - it gets nippy at night up here in winter, and many houses have no real heating.
Old Jan 30th 2005, 9:24 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Well don't dump the clothes yet - it gets nippy at night up here in winter, and many houses have no real heating.
Hi,Pollyana thanks for the reply,how cold is cold?in Geelong we put our heating on some nights midsummer??I guess we have just had a bad spell of weather(2years)
If you are near Noosa whats it like,schools,social,Weather shops etc etc.
Old Jan 31st 2005, 12:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Vicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond repute

We went to Noosa last October with the view to relocating there. However we decided against the place because even though it was lovely it felt a bit pretentious.

Our preference is Coolum Beach. Much more down to earth, more realistic real estate prices and the beaches are a lot nicer, as were the people.
Old Jan 31st 2005, 12:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,Pollyana thanks for the reply,how cold is cold?in Geelong we put our heating on some nights midsummer??I guess we have just had a bad spell of weather(2years)
If you are near Noosa whats it like,schools,social,Weather shops etc etc.

Answered lots of questions on noosa in a couple of threads recently, try a search they will come up, basically Noosa is a very upmarket holiday resort at the northern end of sunshine coast, the southern end is just as nice but has a lot more jobs and is just that half hour closer to brisbane which is always handy. Caloundra, Buderim, Alexandra headlands, Mountain creek and mooloolaba seem popular with poms although I dont know where they head to in mooloolaba its mainly all units now. Were in noosa now but will be moving down to the southern end of coast in about 2 weeks when our house settles mainly due to all of our work being there.