Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

sunshine coast meet up?

sunshine coast meet up?

Old Jun 11th 2008, 11:22 am
Just Joined

Clair 1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile sunshine coast meet up?

Hi everyone. We arrived in feb this year and we are living in Mooloolaba on the Sunny coast.
We have no children and are a couple aged 26 and 29. Tony is working in the gas industry and i work in a skin clinic.
Does anyone know of any local meet-ups or is anyone interested in meeting up somewhere for a drink?

Clair and Tony
Old Jun 11th 2008, 11:54 pm
Forum Regular

Alan- will become famous soon enough
Default Re: sunshine coast meet up?

Hi Clair and Tony,

I'd definately meet up for a drink, in fact I'm off up through Mooloolaba, on my way up from Mango Hill to Noosa in about an hour (lol)

Trouble is I'm in Surfers over the weekend, and have to fly back to the UK on Monday to sort a house sale out :-(

I'll be back over soon so I'll keep my eye on this thread.

By the time I'm back it will be overflowing with takers !!! (lol)

Alan.
Old Jun 12th 2008, 12:57 am
Just Joined

Hi Alan,

We will be up for meeting for a drink when you return. Have you been having trouble selling you house? I think a few people have been in the same boat.
Have a safe journey back to the UK.

Old Jun 13th 2008, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

Hi Claire

Yes and yes (lol)

Will gladly meet up for a drink, and yes I'm returning for a house sale sort out that collapsed on exchange days before I flew !!!

What a great place Noosa was.

Great scenery, with fabulous views, made better by the best weather.

May have just seen the preferred final destination

Alan.

Originally Posted by Clair 1
Hi Alan,

We will be up for meeting for a drink when you return. Have you been having trouble selling you house? I think a few people have been in the same boat.
Have a safe journey back to the UK.

Old Jun 14th 2008, 6:43 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Hi Alan, we met at Browns in Cambridge and we are in Noosa and loving it

Hope the house sale goes through, we often wondered where you ended up.
Old Jun 14th 2008, 6:45 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Clair 1
Hi everyone. We arrived in feb this year and we are living in Mooloolaba on the Sunny coast.
We have no children and are a couple aged 26 and 29. Tony is working in the gas industry and i work in a skin clinic.
Does anyone know of any local meet-ups or is anyone interested in meeting up somewhere for a drink?

Clair and Tony
Hi Clair

There is a group that meet up on Mooloolaba, if you keep an eye on here they normally post when they are meeting.
Old Jun 15th 2008, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

Hi again,

Yeah, remember it well.

Out, just north of Brisbane at the moment, but fly back to the UK tomorrow to try and sort out some loose ends.

Noose is really great, but I spent last night down at the Gold Coast (Surfers)

Will have to make a final decision on where's best for me.

Robina, Surfers, Burleigh Heads today was really fantastic !!!........Embarassment of riches really as either would do me, and I know people in both ??.......and in Brisdbane CBD for that matter (great city)

When I'm back over, I'll email you, and we'll meet up, when I'm up Noosa way.

PS: have you heard from Tracy and Justin down in Melbourne ??
Tracy emailed me and told me they were struggling to cope, with one thing and another. I replied saying give Brissy area a go before they give up and go back, but i haven't heard back yet ??

Good to hear from you again,

Alan.

Originally Posted by somme
Hi Alan, we met at Browns in Cambridge and we are in Noosa and loving it

Hope the house sale goes through, we often wondered where you ended up.
Old Jun 17th 2008, 3:31 am
Forum Regular

BecciJ will become famous soon enough

Hi there! Me & OH just arrived in Maroochydore, but will probably be looking for rentals in Mooloolaba.
Definately up for a drink I'm 26 and he's 32.
Will PM you with my contact details as i don't get on the internet much at the mo as we're yet to buy a laptop!
x x x
Old Jun 17th 2008, 10:45 am
Just Joined

Hi Becci and OH,

We would love to meet up for a drink. I will get your number off my PM and text you. We are renting in Mooloolaba.It was a nightmare to get a rental property. We went to every house/flat available and finally got one in Mooloolaba. We were told we were lucky to get one after just one week of looking but it was a long week.
We have been her four months now. How about you?

Clair and Tony
Old Jun 17th 2008, 10:47 am
Just Joined

Hi Somme,

Thats for the update. I will keep my eye open for the next meet up
Old Jun 17th 2008, 10:50 am
Just Joined

Hi Alan,

You will probaly be back in the Uk by now. Hope it is not too wet and miserable.
Hope the house sale goes through.
Look forward to catching up upon your return.

I think Noosa is the place to be
Old Jul 1st 2008, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

Theweekshousehold is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

We are down in Caloundra. I know that on the 1st Sunday of each month there is a Ex Pats meet up in Moffat Beach....not been to one yet but have been told its great and meet lots of contacts, maybe you should pop down this weekend.

Good luck
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 3:22 am
Forum Regular

justcantwait will become famous soon enoughjustcantwait will become famous soon enough

hi all
we have been here 6\7 weeks and starting to feel a bit lost,we are a bit older than you but would love to meet up for a chat,theres me 39,hubby 42,two boys 18\20 and my little girl 10years.we are at sippy downs 10 mins from mooloolaba so not far.haven't got internet yet but will check in a couple of days.hope to speak soon

anne marie & tony
Old Jul 13th 2008, 1:34 am
heading back to oz..again

collybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi clair we are currently in buderim/ sippy downs right by the uni, there's me 25 hubby 33 and 2 littlies 2 and 4 we are always up for meeting new people, i did start organising bbq's once a month when it was nice weather will start them up again when it starts getting warmer, hope to hear from you soon.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 11:31 am
Just Joined

dimpton is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: sunshine coast meet up?

Hi Clair!

My partner and i will be moving to Mooloolaba on the 19th August this year.

We are 36 and 32 with 8 month old daughter.

It would be nice to keep in touch and meet up when we arrive as we are staying in some apartment in Alex headlands.

Hope to speak to you soon

Tx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.