Sunshine Coast

Old May 19th 2004, 6:45 am

robertd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sunshine Coast

Dear Forum,
I was wondering if anyone could give me advise on places to visit, stay etc coz in a couple of weeks, me, hubby and madison(daughter) are going there to celebrate my 40th birthday. Cheers Louisaxx
Old May 19th 2004, 7:02 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Louisa, make sure you get up into the SC hinterland (a bit like the GC hinterland), places like Montville, Malaney & Eumundi. Also depending on how much time you have try to get a day trip to Cooloola/Northshore/Fraser Island which is north of Noosa, 40 miles of beach to drive along, absolutely fabulous. My other suggestion would be take a walk in Noosa National Park, the trip around to Alexandra Bay is worth it (no, not for the nudists LOL)

As for the rest, Im sure other people will give you advice on which tourist attractions to see. personally I wouldnt bother with them, if you live on the Gold Coast you will already know the sort of thing you will see. Same shit, different day really. But then Im a local, expats seem to like that sort of stuff!

Here are some links

Montville Village

Malaney

Fraser Island & Cooloola Tours

Sunshine Coast Tourist Attractions - these are tours but give you an idea of what you can see.

Pick your Tourist Attraction - this is a great site where you can tick what you are interested in & they will give you a list of attractions to suit your taste. Run by the Qld tourism board.
Old May 19th 2004, 10:14 am

Thank you so much for the info. I know we will enjoy the break and with your tips, we will have a fantastic time. Thankyou so much for taking the trouble to reply, Louisaxxx
Old May 19th 2004, 11:05 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

No problem, do you know where you are staying yet? Or where you would like to stay ie which area?
Old May 19th 2004, 11:10 pm

We were just going to drive and find somewhere to stay when we are up there. Caloundra sounds nice. I am waiting for info from the Tourist board to arrive and then maybe we can plan something. I dont think we will have trouble finding accomm coz it`s not school hols yet. Thanks again for the info you gave me, Louisaxx
Old May 20th 2004, 12:39 am
Crocodile Member

Location: Wurtulla, Sunshine Coast. Crikey Terri, That's a BIG ONE!
Andy_Hanrahan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Louisa

If you are staying in Caloundra, be sure to visit the lighthouse at Point Cartwright. There is a fantastic view up there across Mooloolaba Spit and Kawana Beaches. Definately one of my favourite places!

Andy

Originally posted by robertd
We were just going to drive and find somewhere to stay when we are up there. Caloundra sounds nice. I am waiting for info from the Tourist board to arrive and then maybe we can plan something. I dont think we will have trouble finding accomm coz it`s not school hols yet. Thanks again for the info you gave me, Louisaxx
Old May 20th 2004, 10:04 am

Hi Andy,
Thanks for the tip on places to visit. Cheers Louisa