Sunbury Area

Old Mar 5th 2006, 4:47 pm
Just Joined

paulouise is on a distinguished road
Question Sunbury Area

Hi Does anyone know anything about Sunbury?? To live it is one of the regional areas for gov sponsership and near enough for my partner to travel to work in Melbourne
Thanks Louise
Old Mar 6th 2006, 12:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sunbury Area

Originally Posted by paulouise
Hi Does anyone know anything about Sunbury?? To live it is one of the regional areas for gov sponsership and near enough for my partner to travel to work in Melbourne
Thanks Louise
My boss owns 60 acres there. Very affordable acreage.

The highway in to town gets very congested around the Calder merge, (near the airport) and its under the flightpath for both Essendon and Tullamarine.

Not bad though, seriously.

My boss stood in his newly brought property and said to his girlfriend: just listen to the silence...moments later a 747 flew over...
Old Mar 6th 2006, 2:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

eintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to all

We are moving to Sunbury in May. We've bought a plot of land and are building a house. We like it there. The town is far enough out of Melbourne to have its own identity and is near enough to commute in if required. Visited Sunbury 5 times now if you want any more info PM me.
Old Mar 6th 2006, 3:26 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by eintracht
We are moving to Sunbury in May. We've bought a plot of land and are building a house. We like it there. The town is far enough out of Melbourne to have its own identity and is near enough to commute in if required. Visited Sunbury 5 times now if you want any more info PM me.
Thanks for your help.
Do you know what schools are like, and recreational stuff?
Do you know how long the commute to the Sunshine area would BE roughly?
Also is whats environment like? ie: scenery ect?
thanks
Louise
Old Mar 6th 2006, 5:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

eintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to all

As far as I know schools are fine. We have some Australian friends there and they send their girls to the local private school, Rupertswood, which has a very good reputation.
Not quite surewhat you mean by the sunshine area, but its about a 30-45 minute train ride to CBD Melbourne.
Sunbury it out in the country although it is growing fast, a five minute drive out of town in the right direction gets you out into the country side.
Old Mar 6th 2006, 6:11 pm
Just Joined

As far as I know schools are fine. We have some Australian friends there and they send their girls to the local private school, Rupertswood, which has a very good reputation.
Not quite surewhat you mean by the sunshine area, but its about a 30-45 minute train ride to CBD Melbourne.
Sunbury it out in the country although it is growing fast, a five minute drive out of town in the right direction gets you out into the country side.
Thanks for info
louise
Old Mar 10th 2006, 3:29 pm
Just Joined

HI ENTRACHT,
I think we will be better off to start with going north of the city.
My husband has a job in Sunshine as a printer, and money will be tight i think to begin with. The process has all moved far quicker than we thought. We only started thinking of it last October when we saw an advert for printers, we thought visa's ect would take at least a year, which would have given us time to save. But employer has got us over on a 457 initially, and we are now told this could all be finalised in about 6 weeks!!!
I will be looking for work(Manager Social Care Services) when we get ther.
I have two boys coming with me aged 7 & 16, so i need somewhere with good schools and plenty to do?
Also somewhere that is not more than 30ish mins to drive into Sunshine for hubby's work.
Thanks for your help
kind regards
Louise
Old Apr 24th 2006, 12:48 am
Forum Regular

AmandaJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Louise

Just seen your post this morning. We live in Sunbury and have been here for just over a year now.

I have 2 girls (aged 12 & 13) who both go to Salesian College, Rupertswood, which is the private school in Sunbury. As it is a Catholic School the rates are extremely reasonable compared to other private schools. The girls have settled in extremely well and have a very hectic social life and sports life.

We just moved into our own house at the end of last year and have 1.5 acres backing onto reserve land. It is very beautiful, plenty of kangaroos and other wildlife.

Regarding travel to Sunshine, my neighbour works at one of the primary schools in Sunshine and it takes about 30 minutes to drive there. I work in the CBD and the train journey from Sunbury is 35-40 minutes.

We personally love living in Sunbury, it's easy to travel to the City, beach and the countryside. We also ski regularly and you can get to the mountains in about 3 hours.

I hope this helps, if you want any further info, please feel free to PM me and I'll be happy to answer all your questions.

Kind Regards
Amanda
Old Apr 24th 2006, 12:41 pm
Vicki Herron

vickiherron10 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi mummy!! love you!! x
Old Apr 24th 2006, 1:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Just to add a few things to what's already been said:

There is another route to the city other than Calder Fwy - through Bulla to the Tullamarine Fwy; Rupertswood as said is where Salesian College is and it is the 'birthplace of the Ashes'; there are some well priced big housing blocks/farmlets on the fringes of Sunbury; there is easy access the other way to Macedon Ranges etc; traditionally a lot of British migrants settled in Sunbury eg when we played Sunbury at round ball footy all the players were English, Scots and Welsh; I did a teaching practice at Sunbury HS 'when I wore a young man's clothes' and it was a good school then (can't vouch for now).

OzTennis